Tipping a Limo

dippydoo

The limo company we always use automatically adds a 20% gratuity to the bill. They make it clear at booking - it's not like they're trying to pull a 'fast one'. But, be aware that a gratuity may already be added to your bill.

Not really a cruise question, but I am taking Limo to the cruise port. How much of a tip is appropriate to the driver ?

The one we use they give me a price and then a 20% add on for tip. I am a big tipper so 20% works for me but 10-20% i think would be the norm.

The ones I booked with in Ft Lauderdale told me on the phone a gratuity was included in the price, and I specifically asked the driver if that was the case and he said yes. But, I still have this feeling that I should have tipped him anyway.

If you are talking about a limo, they almost always include the gratuity in the bill. Call the limo company to verify that so you know.

If they don't or you are talking more about a private town car like vehicle I would tip between 15 and 20 percent and determine the precise amount based on factors including the quality of the vehicle, the promptness and the overall friendliness of the driver.

Keith

I've often used the meet & greet service at FLL & always tip the driver $20. He's the one who collects my luggage & gets my bags moved out to his car, which has always been a fairly new Lincoln Town Car or or some other sedan. Then at the hotel, he helps the bell boy move my luggage from the trunk of his car. I've always felt my tip to be pretty reasonable on top of the included tip.

I'm told Limos and Car services are different. Have used a town car a few times. They always gave me the option to add a *suggested* tip of 18% right when I've ordered. Each time the service was great and the cars spotless, so I reminded the driver I prepaid the tip, then handed him 10-20 bucks more, depending on the length of the trip.

YMMV

Archived