Everything ALLURE

Before we took Enchantment I read every page of the EOS thread. We will, with many others, be sailing allure next year.

I would LOVE to see this thread become like that one. ( Unless there is one I haven't found already)

Tips I have learned go forward on deck 14 (left side) secret door to fantastic sail away spot.

GREAT IDEA!!! Here are some of my random notes from Oasis and Allure:

· Deck 14 wings. Go all the way forward on Deck 14 (enter through port side), and you'll be able to get on these "winglike" platforms above the bridge.

· “Secret balconies” aft on Decks 11 & 12 both port and starboard sides, decks above Aqua Theater Suites, doors are at the end of the hallways after the cabins. Public areas also on Decks 7 & 14 for AquaTheater viewing

· Use Deck 5 (Promenade) or Deck 8 (Central Park) as your main thoroughfares

· Famous Roast Beef Sandwiches at Park Café (Deck 8)

· Boardwalk Bar (Deck 6) has corn dogs and chicken nuggets – they did on Oasis, not sure about Allure

· Wipe Out Café (Deck 15) has pretzel dogs

· Boleros has a mohito and caipirinha clinic held for $15 pp, included martinis

· Cigar bar/outside area on Deck 17 above Solarium Bar (very windy). Sign says Gold Seapass Cards only, but cigar smokers are allowed to enter the area.

· Also, even though it applies to Oasis...it is a MUST READ when sailing either Oasis or Allure, BrianAlt's Food Lovers Guide to Oasis - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243807&highlight=brianalt

GREAT IDEA!!! Here are some of my random notes from Oasis and Allure:

· “Secret balconies” aft on Decks 11 & 12 both port and starboard sides, decks above Aqua Theater Suites, doors are at the end of the hallways after the cabins. Public areas also on Decks 7 & 14 for AquaTheater viewing

I knew about decks 7, 11 & 12 having those "secret balconies" (and have seen pictures of them and the doors to access them), but wasn't sure about deck 14. I saw a bunch of people on the deck 14 balcony above the AquaTheater in the Fort Lauderdale Inlet webcam sail away video, and wondered. Thanks for clearing that up! We'll have cabins on deck 11 on the Oasis in February 2012, and it'll be nice going out there to sit and soak in the sun!

I have been compiling my Allure list for a little while now.. These are from different boards and my own notes. It is from others experiences that I can make this list. Copy this list and add your own if you like, keep the list growing.

• Take a highlighter to mark the Compass
  • Sail away show at Aqua Theater around 5:15pm
  • Bring water shoes for labadee. And rash guard shirt for flowrider.
  • Ocean Aria at Aqua Theater, Blue Planet main theater, Chicago, Comedy Show (book online)
  • Bring a sweater/jacket to the Amber Theater if you go to see Chicago. It gets cold.
  • Aquatheater show can cancel if the seas are rough. See it early in case they cancel
  • Ice cream machines; one in wipeout cafe, other between the two forward pools (free) deck 15
  • Sorrento's pizza – get a custom made one, put in box, take to the park!
  • Boardwalk Dogs; (free and nice selection)
  • Pinnacle Lounge: deck 16 (nice view for picture taking)
  • Shuffle Board courts are located behind Aquatheater
  • Scavenger hunt book – live on the allure – buy at rising tides bar
  • They do have nice custom salads at Park cafe
  • Johnny Rockets has a fresh (free) breakfast each morning.
  • Scrapbooking gave some free embellishments specific to the cruise ship
  • Vintages Wine Bar great place to use those buy one get one free coupons.
  • Restaurants that are included:

1. Winjammer
  2. Solarium Bistro free for breakfast and lunch, turns to Samba Grill for dinner (pay)
  3. Wipe Out Cafe
  4. Park Cafe (not to be confused with 150 Central Park)
  5. Dog House
  6. Johnny Rockets (breakfast only)
  7. Donut Shop
  8. Sorrento's Pizza
  9. Promenade Café

• Skip dessert in the Main Dining Room and head up to the Windjammer to make ice cream sundaes.
  • The jazz club is no smoking!
  • If you do the on board zipline, keep your feet up for the landing. Will hurt self if not.
  • Check out the wedding chapel, it is peaceful and the view is incredible.
  • Go behind the FlowRiders. lounge chairs and free telescopes
  • Go onboard by 11:00 am
  • If you do the Flowrider...bring a rashguard or tee or tank
  • Schooner Bar for casual drinks and watch Dreamworks Parade from here
  • Booth on the Royal Promenade where you can send a FREE video postcard
  • Picture place is on Deck 6 - Welcome aboard picture is used for facial recognition for all other photos.
  • Balcony at the end of deck 11,12,14 that overlooks the aft of the ship and the Aqua Theatre. The ships have no deck 13.
  • http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/ good pictures
  • Cooking Classes: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten...scriptions.pdf
  • Lobster is second formal night, Friday
  • HEADLINER ENTERTAINMENT - send an email to RCI at web_reservations@rccl.com for lineup 4 weeks out
  • 70 s disco street party is day 6 Cozumel at 10pm
  • The Central Park area to relax and spend time. The Northern Lights Duo performed almost every night
  • Breakfast in the Solarium. Nice spread of fruit and very good oatmeal
  • PORTS
    Falmouth - My Time n Place, $10/beach pass email ahead for better taxi rate ($40 R/T)
  • FALMOUTH - free 20 min shuttle to Shops at Rose Hall. Board with in secured area. Runs on schedule.
  • Falmouth - About 15 minutes before sailaway ,go on deck 4 to the side where you can see the shops to watch the sail away show
  • Labadee Beautiful Island. Dragons Breath zip line and roller coaster. Afternoon of snorkeling! shops are agressive, smile and know they are trying to feed their family. Say no thank you if you do not want to buy.
  • For Cozumel, look into Nachi Cocom (quite, all inclusive, 100 people per day) and Paradise Beach Cozumel (family fun, pay per item, lots of water activities.)
  • Airbrush tattoos - don't wait til the last day of the cruise to go. If you get a tattoo early in the week, you can go back on the last day and get it retouched for free
  • Sign your waivers online ahead of time so you can go right to the Zip Line when it opens on embarkation day and get a ton of rides in before it gets busy. Same with rock wall.

• Before your go, take a picture of your luggage inside and out. This will make them easier to identify your belongings if they are lost.
  • split stuff up between the suit cases - some of mine in wifes, some of hers in mine. If lose one suitcase, we both have cloths. All formal stuff together.
  • http://www.insuremytrip.com/
  • Always fly the day before a cruise. leave nothing to Murphy.
  • Bring my own "pillow chocolates" and M&M’s. Surprise DW nightly!
  • If you like potato chips, you can get them in the Park Cafe.
  • Create a FACEBOOK Events page, invite your Meet and Mingle group to join it - quick and easy way to share info/pics/links

recent WESTERN Compasses:

Day_1_Compass

Day_2_Compass

Day_3_Compass

Day_4_Compass

Day_5_Compass

Day_6_Compass

Day_7_Compass

I don't believe that there are any public decks on deck 14. I know that there is one all the way forward, but I don't believe that there is one aft...

Got a screen print from a Fort Lauderdale Inlet webcam sail away video. It looks like a public deck...

413193077_Deck14publicaswell.jpg.e643c75c47dd6a9846e71aede4295a66.jpg

I have been compiling my Allure list for a little while now.. These are from different boards and my own notes. It is from others experiences that I can make this list. Copy this list and add your own if you like, keep the list growing.

[*][*]Ice cream machines; one in wipeout cafe, other between the two forward pools (free) deck 15

Great tips! DH will LOVE this one! He has to get his ice cream fix while onboard. Thanks!

Before we took Enchantment I read every page of the EOS thread. We will, with many others, be sailing allure next year.

I would LOVE to see this thread become like that one. ( Unless there is one I haven't found already)

Tips I have learned go forward on deck 14 (left side) secret door to fantastic sail away spot.

RBLWMN-Thanks for starting this thread! :)

Archived