Everything ALLURE

Can anyone tell me if dining at Samba Grill is a super long process? We have 8:30 pm reservations for Samba and 10:45 pm reservations for OceanAria.

Just tell your waiters that you have a show at 10:45 and they will bring your meat fast.

Another dumb question - does the Starbucks have the same menu on the Allure as the land based locations?

Just got off the Allure a few weeks back. Starbucks is the same on the ship as on land. Have all of the treats and everything! You can even use your Gold Card! Enjoy!

Just got off the Allure a few weeks back. Starbucks is the same on the ship as on land. Have all of the treats and everything! You can even use your Gold Card! Enjoy!

Sorry if this sounds silly but what do you mean by "You can even use your Gold Card!" Could you explain that?

This thread is great - I have to save it as I will be on the Allure in March and love reading these tips...

Thanks

Is there any kind of coffee card? On the Ruby princess i purchased a specialty coffee card for 20 coffees. It was a really good deal, seems like it was just under $30.00, mabe 28? Anyway, does the Starbucks on Allure have any deals like that?

We love our specialty coffees! :)

Just booked Allure for March of '13. This will be my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I have learned so much already from this thread. Super excited now, the only downside is how am I gonna make til the cruise? Anyway to the OP, thank you for starting this thread.

Sorry if this sounds silly but what do you mean by "You can even use your Gold Card!" Could you explain that?

This thread is great - I have to save it as I will be on the Allure in March and love reading these tips...

Thanks

The Starbucks Gold card is like a "frequent buyer" card that Starbucks offers. Most people who have them keep money on the card so they can just pay with their gold card and get "points" for free coffee.

My wife went every morning for her coffee and said it tasted better than it did on land! Probably because she was on vacation!! LOL!!!

Is there any kind of coffee card? On the Ruby princess i purchased a specialty coffee card for 20 coffees. It was a really good deal, seems like it was just under $30.00, mabe 28? Anyway, does the Starbucks on Allure have any deals like that?

We love our specialty coffees! :)

Starbucks on board does not offer any kind of discount card like you mention. It is just like a regular Starbucks on land! Don't worry, the coffee tastes great!!! Have a great time!!

Starbucks on board does not offer any kind of discount card like you mention. It is just like a regular Starbucks on land! Don't worry, the coffee tastes great!!! Have a great time!!

Thanks Brad, now if I just had a gold card. :rolleyes:

I have been compiling my Allure list for a little while now..

• Skip dessert in the Main Dining Room and head up to the Windjammer to make ice cream sundaes.

Great list!! However DW and DD suggest one change -

HAVE dessert in the Main Dining Room and then head up to the Windjammer to make ice cream sundaes!!! :D

Jim M

Bummer! But I guess it makes sense with the Dog House. Do you know if they had chicken nuggets at the Boardwalk Bar on Allure?

I did not see any food at the Boardwalk Bar on the Allure. Just drinks. They did have popcorn when showing movies in the Aqua Theater. I also did not see any corn dogs on the Allure. The Dog House does not have corn dogs but one would think that they would add them.

Can anyone tell me if dining at Samba Grill is a super long process? We have 8:30 pm reservations for Samba and 10:45 pm reservations for OceanAria.

You will be fine. You can set your own pace. When you first arrive they will go through the process of how they will bring the meat to the table. Just leave the green light on for faster service. The green light means you want more meat. Also just let the server know what time you want to be finished. I suggest that you arrive at the Aqua Theater about 30 minutes prior to the show to get a good seat. Also, you can more than likely arrive 15-30 minutes earlier at Samba's and be seated to give you some extra time. :)

Since we have this thread dedicated to the Allure, I thought that I would post some items.

First I will post the room service menus. These were just taken late last month when on board the Allure.

Standard Room Service Menu

RegularRoomServiceMenu.jpg

Standard Breakfast menu

DSC02384.jpg

Suite Breakfast menu - For those booked in a GS and above

SuiteBreakfastMenu.jpg

Suite Lunch Menu

SuiteLunchMenu.jpg

Next are the room service menus for dinner for the suites BUT they are the same menus from the MDR so this will give you an idea of what is served each night in the main dining room. I will post them by night. This was from the eastern Caribbean itinerary.

Sunday

SuiteNight1.jpg

Monday - First Formal Night

SuiteNight2Formal.jpg

Tuesday

SuiteNight3.jpg

Wednesday

SuiteDay4.jpg

I did not see any food at the Boardwalk Bar on the Allure. Just drinks. They did have popcorn when showing movies in the Aqua Theater. I also did not see any corn dogs on the Allure. The Dog House does not have corn dogs but one would think that they would add them.

THAT STINKS!!! That was our afternoon hot spot with the kids, they DEVOURED those chicken nuggets. Oh well, I know they wont starve :p

Archived