Everything ALLURE

Broadwalk Dogs has other kinds of sauage besides hot dogs like brats, german sauage. They also have sides, the potato salad was great.

Don't forget the cupcake cupboard. My husband had a bacon covered cupcake.

You can take 30 videoes to send home across from Starbucks.

THAT STINKS!!! That was our afternoon hot spot with the kids, they DEVOURED those chicken nuggets. Oh well, I know they wont starve :p

The pretzel dogs and fries at Wipeout Cafe on Oasis were great too. I hope they have them on the Allure still.

We'd grab a basket full and watched the Aqua Theater Show.

The Starbucks Gold card is like a "frequent buyer" card that Starbucks offers. Most people who have them keep money on the card so they can just pay with their gold card and get "points" for free coffee.

My wife went every morning for her coffee and said it tasted better than it did on land! Probably because she was on vacation!! LOL!!!

Thank you for that info....

The ads for Allure seem to concentrate on Dreamworks entertainment for the children. I know they have alot of adult evening entertainment, but did you feel overrun by dressed up characters, etc or was this kept in the children's club?

Does anyone have a recent Allure of the Seas Easter Caribbean compass? I want to figure out scheduling for the showtimes, you know... is it better to watch Chicago or the ice show or whatever it maybe. How you u scheduling? Or are you waiting til you get on the ship?? Thanks

You must schedule before you go or you will be playing catch up once on the ship. There are Eastern Compasses on this board and you can see the show schedule on the Royal Caribbean site (look for an Eastern Cruise). I'd suggest you make a master list with restaurant times, MRD times, Show Times, etc so that when your reservations open you can easily plug in all that you want.

I know most people don't go on a cruise to spend time in their cabin, but every once in a while it is a nice way to spend a few quite hours in the afternoon when the kiddo is at the kids club. Can anyone tell me what the programming is like on the T.V. in the stateroom. More importantly do they show any non-pay for movies?

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I read somewhere on these boards that evening cocktails , on the Allure for D and D+, are served on deck 4. Is that correct or is it for D.

Our cabin is close to the concierge, we're D+, and we were hoping we would be in the concierge lounge for cocktails.

Thanks for any info.

mimi

I know most people don't go on a cruise to spend time in their cabin, but every once in a while it is a nice way to spend a few quite hours in the afternoon when the kiddo is at the kids club. Can anyone tell me what the programming is like on the T.V. in the stateroom. More importantly do they show any non-pay for movies?

Thanks.

We also enjoy spending a few hours in the afternoons in our cabin ( balcony) napping off and on, so the TV is on most of the time. It is a good way to see some of the shows and activities on the ship that we didn't get to, or to watch them again!

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I read somewhere on these boards that evening cocktails , on the Allure for D and D+, are served on deck 4. Is that correct or is it for D.

Our cabin is close to the concierge, we're D+, and we were hoping we would be in the concierge lounge for cocktails.

Thanks for any info.

mimi

D+ lounge is on deck 11 and it was wonderful. We were able to sit there and watch everything going on down in the boardwalk area.

Marianne

The ads for Allure seem to concentrate on Dreamworks entertainment for the children. I know they have alot of adult evening entertainment, but did you feel overrun by dressed up characters, etc or was this kept in the children's club?

The characters' appearances were listed on the activity sheet so you can avoid them if you want. However, I thoroughly enjoyed them. I have no small children so wasn't familiar with some of them but it didn't stop me from having my picture taken with them.

Marianne

From the Concierge lounge are you able to look out and see the water? Or is it all enclosed? We are D+ and love having a cocktail and looking out to sea...where would the best place to do this if we are not able to do this in the Concierge Lounge?

Hello all

sailing on the Allure in sep

I trust their is no problem not dining in the MDR for the entire cruise ?

i have looked at all of those menus that have been posted and whilst my wife and daughter (8) might not struggle, myself and My son (11) definately will as the menu is reasonably beyond what we would normally deem eatible :D (my son is a visual eater and if its to complex he wont touch it, irrespective of what it taste like, no idea where he gets it from :p)

so i cant see myself making it to the mdr on any night including the formal ones.

what are we supposed to do ? go to the mdr with my wife and order a bowl of chips ?

should we go to the mdr and if we dont like the food, we dont eat it then go and eat somewhere else ? (that doesnt sit real well with me either)

seperate and the wife and daughetr can go to the mdr by themselves ?

bit confused at the moment as the menus dont seem to offer even one dish that my son will eat, i could probably find one but not something that i would enjoy eating.

i mean i can eat broccoli, but i dont enjoy it :D

I too am somewhat of a picky eater, so I can relate! I don't like much of the "fancy stuff" on the MDR menu (with the exception of desserts, breads, and a couple of appetizers). I don't do seafood, Indian food, fish, lamb, duck, etc., etc.

That being said, I do enjoy the MDR experience because we have always had really good waiters.

You can always order from the alternative menu, which includes steak (sirloin, I think) and grilled chicken. Also, you can order from the kids menu, which includes hamburgers, pizza, and I think chicken tenders. For appetizers you can ask for a fruit plate or a plain salad. Also, you can order a 10 ounce steak from Chops for $14.95. You can always get a baked potato or fries. The waiters are usually very accommodating.

You could compromise and alternate nights between the Windjammer or other venues and the MDR. Check the menus before dinner and see what is offered that night.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Archived