Everything ALLURE

Hello all

sailing on the Allure in sep

I trust their is no problem not dining in the MDR for the entire cruise ?

i have looked at all of those menus that have been posted and whilst my wife and daughter (8) might not struggle, myself and My son (11) definately will as the menu is reasonably beyond what we would normally deem eatible :D (my son is a visual eater and if its to complex he wont touch it, irrespective of what it taste like, no idea where he gets it from :p)

so i cant see myself making it to the mdr on any night including the formal ones.

what are we supposed to do ? go to the mdr with my wife and order a bowl of chips ?

should we go to the mdr and if we dont like the food, we dont eat it then go and eat somewhere else ? (that doesnt sit real well with me either)

seperate and the wife and daughetr can go to the mdr by themselves ?

bit confused at the moment as the menus dont seem to offer even one dish that my son will eat, i could probably find one but not something that i would enjoy eating.

i mean i can eat broccoli, but i dont enjoy it :D

I seem to remember that every night there was just plain old steak on the menu. Is that too complex?

To me a cruise is a great chance to try new things and broaden horizons. On the last cruise (NCL/Hawaii) I tried duck for the first time (didn't like it), tried lamb (liked it - especially with the mint jelly!) and tried asparagus - again (still don't like it).

To me, the beauty of a cruise is that you can try something new and still say, "I didn't like it, can I have the steak/chicken/other 'safe' dish instead?" and not worry about walking away hungry.

I have found that a lot of times the descriptions are far more fancy sounding than what is actually served! One might be worried ordering 'macaronis et fromage'. You'd be turning away Macaroni and Cheese... 'Boeuf de fromage' is simply a cheeseburger. etc

Hello all

sailing on the Allure in sep

I trust their is no problem not dining in the MDR for the entire cruise ?

i have looked at all of those menus that have been posted and whilst my wife and daughter (8) might not struggle, myself and My son (11) definately will as the menu is reasonably beyond what we would normally deem eatible :D (my son is a visual eater and if its to complex he wont touch it, irrespective of what it taste like, no idea where he gets it from :p)

so i cant see myself making it to the mdr on any night including the formal ones.

what are we supposed to do ? go to the mdr with my wife and order a bowl of chips ?

should we go to the mdr and if we dont like the food, we dont eat it then go and eat somewhere else ? (that doesnt sit real well with me either)

seperate and the wife and daughetr can go to the mdr by themselves ?

bit confused at the moment as the menus dont seem to offer even one dish that my son will eat, i could probably find one but not something that i would enjoy eating.

i mean i can eat broccoli, but i dont enjoy it :D

Like other posters have said, I would give MDR a try. At least on the first night. There is always something on one of the menu's so that everyone can be happy. If you don't want to go to the MDR, try a specialty restaurant, or go to Sorrento's for pizza. I myself would and did avoid the Windjammer for dinner. Not a fan of that!

Give it a try and I am sure everyone will go away with a full tummy!

Enjoy!

I have found that a lot of times the descriptions are far more fancy sounding than what is actually served! One might be worried ordering 'macaronis et fromage'. You'd be turning away Macaroni and Cheese... 'Boeuf de fromage' is simply a cheeseburger. etc

I agree. I think the menus make it sound a lot more fancy than it really is. Also, as others have said, the waiters are very accommodating. If you tell them you want XYZ every night they will try to get you that.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I read somewhere on these boards that evening cocktails , on the Allure for D and D+, are served on deck 4. Is that correct or is it for D.

Our cabin is close to the concierge, we're D+, and we were hoping we would be in the concierge lounge for cocktails.

Thanks for any info.

mimi

D+ receive use of the concierge lounge which is one of the most beautiful of any RCI ship. Diamond have their own lounge and the event is usually held in a larger venue as the Diamond lounge is not large enough to accommodate everyone.

View from the two level concierge lounge.

310.jpg

313.jpg

308.jpg

Just booked Allure for March of '13. This will be my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I have learned so much already from this thread. Super excited now, the only downside is how am I gonna make til the cruise? Anyway to the OP, thank you for starting this thread.

You should try to go on a shorter cruise on a smaller RCL ship beforehand. This way you can get the full appreciation of the Allure.

She is looking quite 'alluring' this morning in Fort Lauderdale on the Port Everglades webcam.:D

2621078600092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

Yo Emy,

Thanks for sharing that link to this web cam awhile back. I used to view the ships on inlet cam but I prefer this cam. Will be watchin sailaway this afternoon...again!

PS. da pink boa, da pink boa, da pink boa...is on FIRE! ;)

Yo Emy,

Thanks for sharing that link to this web cam awhile back. I used to view the ships on inlet cam but I prefer this cam. Will be watchin sailaway this afternoon...again!

PS. da pink boa, da pink boa, da pink boa...is on FIRE! ;)

Watching the best cam for sure:) they have added a live chat now. Tried it out yesterday during Oasis sailaway. See you there?

8 more Sundays to see Pink Boa on the cam:)

• 3 weeks later...

Great tips...just found this thread...first post in August

How many days prior to sailing can you book specialty restaurants and shows?

I have a few notes, also from past posts...most already listed, but didn't notice:

Flavor water (Mango & Strawberry) located at Park Cafe, Promenade Cafe, Solarium and WJ

Hidden art all over ship...look inside view finders

zip line - wear shoes (no flip flops) empty pockets and remove sunglasses, need special band for eye glasses and no jewelry

• 3 weeks later...

THANKS GATOR!

Just got off ALLURE last SUNDAY and the menu's were exact!

We ended up going to Chops Weds night, thanks to your menu

postings! The food in the main DR room was very good the entire week.

We even ordered the Honey Stung chicken from room service!

Not sure if this is new, but breakfast in the DR offered a buffet as

well as full service. It is a great alternative from going to the Windjammer

where you cant find a seat. You simply go to the DR on level 4, get seated then take yourself to the buffet section. It was the same

menu items found at the Windjammer, but you are not walking around

aimlessly looking for a seat! Plus they serve you coffee and drinks!

The food in the main DR room was very good the entire week.

That's great news!

Not sure if this is new, but breakfast in the DR offered a buffet as

well as full service. It is a great alternative from going to the Windjammer

where you cant find a seat. You simply go to the DR on level 4, get seated then take yourself to the buffet section. It was the same

menu items found at the Windjammer, but you are not walking around

aimlessly looking for a seat! Plus they serve you coffee and drinks!

Sounds like a wonderful idea, thanks so much for the tip Rosebud! :)

I am looking at my compass at the "snacks" section so here are the hours posted on day 7:

Room service-24 hrs ( honey stung chicken is really good)

24 hours- cafe promenade (finger sandwiches, sweets, coffee,tea)

Starbucks 7am to 11pm ($)

Boardwalk donuts 7:30am-11:30am

Park cafe 7:30am-6:00 pm

Frozen yogurt pool deck 10am -6pm

Ice cream parlor @boardwalk 11am-10pm ($)

Cupcake cupboard 11am-11pm ($)

Dawg house boardwalk 11:30am-6pm

Johnny rockets 11:30am-11pm ($)

Sorrentos 11:30am-2:00am

Wipe out cafe varied hrs

Tips I have learned go forward on deck 14 (left side) secret door to fantastic sail away spot.

I do miss the Allure/Oasis section. :( That was a good tip, it made me pretty popular on Allure when I was able to guide people out there. Its a good place to be see on portevergladeswebcam.com. Go there and let them know where you will be standing and they will make sure to film you.

Now, off to read the rest of the messages.

Didn't know Boardwalk Bar had corn dogs!! YUMMY! They were a childhood favorite, I will have to get one when I go in August! :)

THere is no boardwalk bar on Allure, there is the dog joint, but no corn dogs that I remember. (or chicken nuggets)

Archived