Old Town Trolley vs City View Trolley

sharecruises

Also did City View last week on our Imagination cruise..booked online for $17 each, had some problems with the website not sending a confirmation, called them, spoke w/Greg he took our names and assured me we would have tickets at the booth.

Got into Key West went to the booth, gave our names and sure enough, he had our names, gave us our stickers and away we went.

Highly recommend this tour! Very knowledgable guides, easy hop on, hop off and lots cheaper than the competition! We booked for $17 each on their website vs $29.99pp if we would have went through Carnival.

• 1 month later...

We are planning on taking the City View Trolley when we go on our Fascination cruise in December. Last time we were in Key West we only got to go to the Hemingway House because my daughter was too hot and tired to do more. Hppefully this trip we will get to see a whole lot more if we use the trolley. I'm planning on booking online through their website to save money,

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We will be in KW this coming Sept and seriously considering with City View trolley for the reduced price and padded seats. I have a question: does it go all the way to the lighthouse/Southermost part??? Someone mentioned it and I just want to confirm it. many Thanks. Aquahound?...I know you live in the Conch Republic, so this is a good question for you...;)

It goes directly to it, but its stop is about 2 blocks away. You can see the southern most point from the trolley, but have to walk 2 blocks to get the photo op.

southern.jpg

When I first started researching things to do in key west, carnival only offered the the old town trolley, now they actually offer both. old town is still more expensive on the carnival website though. Does anyone know when the ducks owned by the city view people are going to make an appearance?? I looked for articles but couldn't find anything after 2011

I would book the City View Trolley on my own for $19 and not through the cruise line if I were you.

No definite word on the ducks yet as they are still undergoing the certification and sea trials process.

Mike:)

Will the ducks have a graduation ceremony to get their certificate proving they can swim?;)

• 2 weeks later...

I will be coming in on the Carnival Fascination on 9/26/12. I have booked with City View, does anyone know where the Fascination will dock and how do I find the City View Trolley? Also, when I booked I couldn't find their route. Can someone help me with this. My ship leaves on Monday the 24th of Sept. Thanks everybody.

The Fascination docks at The Westin Hotel (pier B) which is an easy walk off directly to Front St.

You will have no trouble finding City View as you can see their first stop is across the street from where you will walk between The Westin Hotel and the Customs House.

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/index.html

Have a great visit!

Just buy your ticket when you arrive, no problem.

We are planning on doing this...I think. I have a $2.00 off coupon for City view.....is it cheaper to buy online at $19/person or use the $2.00 coupon? Guess Im just trying to figure out what the price is when we arrive vs the online price?

The Fascination docks at The Westin Hotel (pier B) which is an easy walk off directly to Front St.

You will have no trouble finding City View as you can see their first stop is across the street from where you will walk between The Westin Hotel and the Customs House.

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/index.html

Have a great visit!

Hi Mike, just wanted to come back and say thank you for the directions and the map. We had such a wonderful time. I wish we were docked there longer. Maybe next time. The City View Tour was so nice and the driver was so funny. I booked on line and it was only $18 per person and your directions on how to find them were spot on. Thanks again.

Sandra

Edited by smarks

Hi Mike, just wanted to come back and say thank you for the directions and the map. We had such a wonderful time. I wish we were docked there longer. Maybe next time. The City View Tour was so nice and the driver was so funny. I booked on line and it was only $18 per person and your directions on how to find them were spot on. Thanks again.

Sandra

Thanks for the update and glad that you all enjoyed your visit.

• 3 weeks later...
Magic is scheduled to dock at The Westin Hotel pier (from 1130-600pm) which is an easy walk off and everything will be open as usual on Sunday.

Thanks, Mike, to you and others who provided great advice here! Looking forward to a great day in Key West!

Magic is scheduled to dock at The Westin Hotel pier (from 1130-600pm) which is an easy walk off and everything will be open as usual on Sunday.

Mike, Since this is one of the most commonly asked questions on this board, I'm going to email the site admin and ask them to add the KW cruise ship calendar to the sticky threads.

Mike, Since this is one of the most commonly asked questions on this board, I'm going to email the site admin and ask them to add the KW cruise ship calendar to the sticky threads.

That is a great idea and it would be very helpful if they will oblige.