Old Town Trolley vs City View Trolley

sharecruises

When I first started researching things to do in key west, carnival only offered the the old town trolley, now they actually offer both. old town is still more expensive on the carnival website though. Does anyone know when the ducks owned by the city view people are going to make an appearance?? I looked for articles but couldn't find anything after 2011

We were on the city view trolly on Oct 18. One of our drivers had certified as a "captain" to operate the ducks. She sounded frustrated when I asked her when they would be in operation so my guess is it will be a while yet. There is a truck mounted duck type vehicle running around but it would not be the real thing as I don't think it would not be able to float.

• 3 weeks later...
We are planning on doing this...I think. I have a $2.00 off coupon for City view.....is it cheaper to buy online at $19/person or use the $2.00 coupon? Guess Im just trying to figure out what the price is when we arrive vs the online price?

Where did you find the $2.00 coupon? I was planning to buy in advance since it is a little bit cheaper, but if I had a coupon I'd rather just buy when we get there.

The imagination docks at the Outer Mole pier which is behind Navy property so you will be transported from the ship to Front St where you will just be steps away.

Here is a map showing the cruise ship docks and the Cityview map

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/KeyWest_PDF/KEY%20WEST%20NEW%20MAP.pdf

Mike:)

we will be docking at the outer mole. the trolley is just steps (few steps) ? away

We will be on the Imagination Feb 19th I haven't been able to find out which Pier they dock at. We would very much like to book City View ourselves, but my husband does have mobility problems. Is it a long walk from where the ship docks to where we catch the trolley?

On a side note - I've heard a lot about The Flying Monkey - and it is a family joke that my DH was afraid of the flying monkies in the Wizard of OZ. Does the trolley go by this restaurant, and would we be able to get off and grab a bite to eat?

This boards are just a wealth of information - and I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone being so helpful to everyone's questions!

• 2 weeks later...
The $2.00 coupons are in the free visitor coupon books that are all over the place!! Easy to find in Key West!

Thanks! I will wait and purchase when we get there rather than buying online then. That will give us flexibility in case something comes up that we'd rather do. Right now we plan to take the tour around, and then get off by the pier that is closest to Smather's Beach and check it out since we've since it on the Travel Channel. We'll eat key-lime pie on a stick somewhere, maybe eat at the food truck I read about on here, check out the fish you can see walking on the docks, and just walk and gawk. Down to not even 5 weeks to wait - so excited!

• 1 month later...
We will be on the Imagination Feb 19th I haven't been able to find out which Pier they dock at. We would very much like to book City View ourselves, but my husband does have mobility problems. Is it a long walk from where the ship docks to where we catch the trolley?

On a side note - I've heard a lot about The Flying Monkey - and it is a family joke that my DH was afraid of the flying monkies in the Wizard of OZ. Does the trolley go by this restaurant, and would we be able to get off and grab a bite to eat?

This boards are just a wealth of information - and I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone being so helpful to everyone's questions!

The flying monkey is at 227 Duval Street. It's about to blocks east of the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum which is City View stop 1. It's a hop on hop off and it goes around all say long, so you can take as long as you want!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I'm considering CV for me & mom, but we're in port just 1p-6p and I'm concerned about time... I've read every post above, and did't see anyone say how long one loop around takes on CV. I did see that the conch train is about 90 minutes.

Could someone please advise the time for 1 loop on on CV? The last pick-up on CV is apparently 4:30, so we'd have just 3 hours or so.

Would we do better to take the train instead, then just wander Duval, etc., on foot?

Any suggestions most appreciated. :)

Thanks!

The trolley is a bit longer than the train due to the different stops. I would allow about 2 hrs.

With such a short stop, and this being your first visit I would take the train which will give you a great overview of the island and then you can spend the rest of your time going to the place(s) that interest you most. Of course the choice is yours and most tourists spend their time wandering Duval Street checking out the bars and funky shops.

Whatever you decide have a great visit!

Hi - I'm considering CV for me & mom, but we're in port just 1p-6p and I'm concerned about time... I've read every post above, and did't see anyone say how long one loop around takes on CV. I did see that the conch train is about 90 minutes.

Could someone please advise the time for 1 loop on on CV? The last pick-up on CV is apparently 4:30, so we'd have just 3 hours or so.

Would we do better to take the train instead, then just wander Duval, etc., on foot?

Any suggestions most appreciated. :)

Thanks!

We were in Key West on January 3 from 12-5. We had NO problems taking the CityView Trolley all the way around in that hour, AND that included getting off and walking around at three stops, and waiting for another trolley to come to get back on. Plus we had time at the end of the loop to walk around some more. My husband has some health issues so the trolley was a great way to get around to see some things without as much walking.

Just to give you an idea - the time stamp on the first photo I took after boarding the trolley was 12:18 PM. The first photo I took after going all the way around, including getting off and back on at three stops along the way (one of those stops was to eat Key Lime Pie), was at 3:10 PM - and that picture was taken after a little shopping, so the round trip probably ended a bit sooner. Looking at the time stamps for photos we took in between, at our stops - I would say we were off the trolley for almost two hours - so I am thinking the round trip only takes an hour at most - definitely NOT two hours!

I personally would recommend the CityView trolley - you could make a complete trip around for an overview tour if you wanted first, then go back around to get off at any places that interested you (or just walk to them if they are close enough).

• 3 years later...
Looking for information on how the city trolley hop on hop off works. Do they announce the stop you are coming to so you know when to get off? Are there trolley stop signs posted anywhere so you know where to stand for a pickup? TIA

Yes, at each stop, there is a trolley sign. Prior to the stop, the driver will tell you what attractions are in that area. When you're done shopping, sightseeing, etc, you just go back to that spot and pick up the next trolley that comes along.

• 1 year later...
I have a question. My family is going to do the old town trolley tour , was wondering if it is best book it before you get there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can your tix online for 10% off $28 instead of $31 and change.

However you can buy City View Trolley tix online with a Groupon for $18 for one or $34 for two.

• 2 weeks later...