Spirit: Does anyone know who will take the helm in January from Capt. Corsaro?

Ravenscroft

We have now booked the FLL-SCL voyage on Silver Spirit that departs on the 10th January.

I was wondering if any of you would know who will be taking over from Captain Corsaro, after he departs Spirit for the 2012 World Cruise.

Thank you! Is SanGiacomo the SS Captain who has a reputation for being terribly handsome? ;)

Hmmmmm...you can judge for yourself. If you go to the Silversea website, and click on Venetian Society at the top of the page, the photo that shows 5 people toasting with champagne in Monte Carlo features SanGiacomo, I believe. Nice guy and great Captain.

http://www.silversea.com/venetian-society/

Just to update, we have changed our plans and are no longer taking this cruise. We will be sailing with Silversea at some point in early 2012 but we had to cancel this cruise in January due to business commitments.

If anyone reading does take this cruise I'd be interested to hear all about it - I'd be very keen to do it or similar at some point in the future.

Apparently, they are adjusting officer schedules right now. Asked Capt Corsaro and he didn't know for sure. He will move to Whisper on 6 Jan.

So is Capt Corsaro still on the Spirit for the holiday cruise 20 December FLL-FLL, we are likely going to make a reservation on this one, or will be having some vacation time then prior to joining the Whisper?

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an e-mail from Captain Corsaro this morning informing me that he would not be our skipper for the Oct/Nov cruise on Spirit. What a disappointment! At least he did let us know. Apparently they have now finished juggling the captain schedules. Captain Corsaro will now go on a 10 week vacation starting mid Aug. After that he will go for a short contract aboard Silver Wind before going to Whisper for the entire WC in Jan.

Heard from Capt. Corsaro this morning and the captain for the Oct/Nov period is Sangiacomo. I would imagine that he will still be aboard thru Dec. Haven't cruised with him before, so I don't have any comment except to say that we're really disappointed that Corsaro won't be the captain.

Heard from Capt. Corsaro this morning and the captain for the Oct/Nov period is Sangiacomo. I would imagine that he will still be aboard thru Dec. Haven't cruised with him before, so I don't have any comment except to say that we're really disappointed that Corsaro won't be the captain.

Hi Doug,

We've cruised with Captain Sangiacomo before--I believe we were on the Shadow (but don't hold me to the Shadow due to the all-inclusive wine). He is an excellent captain, though certainly not as outgoing and friendly as Captain Corsaro, who is a whole other league. Sangiacomo is featured on the Silversea website, on the Venetian Society page, toasting with guests in Monte Carlo. He is the Captain that found the proverbial "needle in a haystack" --i.e., the passenger that jumped at about 3am a year or so ago. He is a serious dude (which is of course what you want in a Captain) so make sure you are on deck during port docking to see how meticulous he is. Doug, he is not like Corsaro, but if anyone can bring him out of his shell it will be you! Best to you and Lynne.

xxoxx

:)

Doug, do you think we'll have Corsaro on the Spirit on our Dec. 11 cruise this year? Can I twist you and Miss Lynn's arms to join us? :)

Doug, any idea who the staff captain will be? We quite like Salvatore. Are they a regular team?

I know that this thread is about the Spirit and the charismatic Captain Corsaro, but does anyone happen to know who the Captain will be on the Whisper leaving Barbados on the 30th of October? Cruise Director?

Captain Corsaro will go to the Wind in Oct after his vacation and will be there until he moves to Whisper in Jan for the WC. Captain Sangiacomo will be the Spirit captain thru the end of the year as I understand it. Regarding Whisper Oct timeframe crew, you can have your TA check with SS in FLL and they can tell you. SS FLL has told our TA that they won't have the crew roster for our Spirit Oct/Nov cruise until the first of Sep. I got the info on Sangiacomo from Captain Corsaro. Lisa; Lynn and I can't join you in Dec, because we are doing a 1 week Disney Mexican Riviera cruise with our son and family in Jan.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived