B3 Dining

onthelake

We have a B3 cabin and our TA says we have personal choice dining. Is this correct? Will we have a table just for our party? We have made final payment but I do not see our dining listed on the personalized. Any insight? Thank you.

We have a B3 cabin and our TA says we have personal choice dining. Is this correct? Will we have a table just for our party? We have made final payment but I do not see our dining listed on the personalized. Any insight? Thank you.

Unfortunately I do not think your travel agent knows what day of the week it is.

In a Britannia cabin, you will either dine at the "main" sitting at 18:30 or the "late" sitting at 20:30. You will be seated at a table of between two and eight, and although you will have been asked to express a preference, you will not find out for certain until you reach your cabin.

The phrase "Personal Choice Dining" is not in the Cunard Lexicon. I have no idea which line it refers to.

When you get on board, if you don't like your allocated seating, speak to the Maitre D' who will do what he can to assist.

And next time choose a different travel agent. Yours shouldn't be allowed in business.

WD

You will be dining in the Britannia Restaurant on an assigned table which may or may not be shared with others, your dining will either be at 6.30 or 8.30. The full info will be in your cabin when you board. There are alternative dining venues but other than the buffet they all attract an additional payment each time that you use them.

Unfortunately I do not think your travel agent knows what day of the week it is.

In a Britannia cabin, you will either dine at the "main" sitting at 18:30 or the "late" sitting at 20:30. You will be seated at a table of between two and eight, and although you will have been asked to express a preference, you will not find out for certain until you reach your cabin.

WD

First sitting is 18.00.

You will indeed have your "personal choice," which will consist of dining in the Britannia Restaurant at a table of 2 to 8 (depending on your choice) or at a King's Court buffet (your choice) or at one of the King's Court Speciality sites (your choice and with extra payment). Your travel agent did not clearly "put the slop down where the hogs can eat it," as we are fond of saying here in the Deep South.

You will indeed have your "personal choice," which will consist of dining in the Britannia Restaurant at a table of 2 to 8 (depending on your choice) or at a King's Court buffet (your choice) or at one of the King's Court Speciality sites (your choice and with extra payment). Your travel agent did not clearly "put the slop down where the hogs can eat it," as we are fond of saying here in the Deep South.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I can't see that this will assist greatly.

WD

To the OP, your TA may be confusing Cunard with Princess Cruises. "Personal Choice Dining" is an option on Princess, but as others have already noted, it is not an option on Cunard.

To WD and Cap'n, has the early sitting in the Britannia Restaurant on QM2 changed from 6:00pm to 6:30pm? The early sitting was 6:00pm on our TA last November and ask.cunard.com is showing the early sitting starting at 6:00pm. Dining in the Grills and Britannia Club does start at 6:30pm. Just a minor point to clarify.

Regards,

John.

Edit: I missed Ray's clarification that early sitting is indeed 6:00pm.

The phrase "Personal Choice Dining" is not in the Cunard Lexicon. I have no idea which line it refers to.

When you get on board, if you don't like your allocated seating, speak to the Maitre D' who will do what he can to assist.

And next time choose a different travel agent. Yours shouldn't be allowed in business.

WD

"Personal Choice Dining" is the umbrella term used by Princess for all dining choices--anytime (open seating), fixed time, alternative restaurants, etc. The Princess website claims that they are "the only cruise line" to offer the choice of traditional/fixed time or lexible anytime dining. This claim is not true, as HAL offers "As You Wish" dining, which includes fixed, open, alternatives, lido, etc.

I would expect a travel agent to know the differences in dining options on Cunard and Princess.

"Personal Choice Dining" is the umbrella term used by Princess for all dining choices--anytime (open seating), fixed time, alternative restaurants, etc. The Princess website claims that they are "the only cruise line" to offer the choice of traditional/fixed time or lexible anytime dining. This claim is not true, as HAL offers "As You Wish" dining, which includes fixed, open, alternatives, lido, etc.

I would expect a travel agent to know the differences in dining options on Cunard and Princess.

Royal Caribbean also offer the freedom dining. So the travel agent just gets better and better. :)

And to mention a couple more, NCL offers "Freestyle Dining" and RCI offers "My Time Dining". There are probably other lines with similar flexible dining options.

I agree completely that it is the travel agent's responsibility to know the details of the various dining options offered by each cruise line.

Thank you all. I am certain we will enjoy our dining, whether early or late seating.

If you check the comments on other lines, "my time" dining has its drawbacks. During peak time diners are given pagers and have to wait. "Freestyle" means the waiters never get to learn specific preferences or dietary needs. With traditional Cunard seating you are guaranteed that the table will be waiting for you and the service will be attentive and personal. (I hope it never changes!)

Onthelake:

Don't leave the dining request to this TA :eek:.

It's your choice to request Early or Late and table size based on what you prefer, not the TA (who is off base with Cunard product knowledge it would seem) :eek: .

Of course , your preference may not be available at the time of booking or request to change , but at least Cunard will try to honor it.:)

Archived