Need recommendations for non private independent Athens Tour

Iceman-007

I am not sure what you mean by "non-private, independent". Sharing with others? That would just be a tour share. Have you tried your Roll call- where you meet others on your cruise to see if there are people looking for tour shares?

I see you are on Celebrity next month. Here is their roll calls:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

I am not sure what you mean by "non-private, independent". Sharing with others? That would just be a tour share. Have you tried your Roll call- where you meet others on your cruise to see if there are people looking for tour shares?

I see you are on Celebrity next month. Here is their roll calls:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

I mean a independent tour from the cruise ship, I would appreciate Tour companies, I did not mean to imply tour shares or private tours

thanks for your post

Athens can be done on your own. We would take a taxi to the Acropolis first thing. Then walk down into the Plaka, go to Syntagma Square, etc. Very doable for under a $100. Even cheaper take the Metro to the Acropolis Station.

IMHO - Get Rick Steves book on Athen or Med. Ports and the tour can be done easily on your own. You can even check the book out from the library. You can also download his tour on to your Ipad. Very easy. You may even be able to take the book out of the library.

We had a small tour that was included in our package. Though out the entire tour, my group asked that we break away and just do Rick's tour. :)

Archived