Taking scissors and tweezers onboard

Probably a very silly question (in which case I apologise :o) but can I take nail scissors and tweezers onboard Indy (from Southampton)?

I thought I read somewhere on the RCI website that you can't take scissors onboard but I really want to take my tiny pair of nail scissors onboard (not least to cut my DD's fingernails at some point!)....is this OK and do I need to put them in the case, or in hand luggage?

Thank you! :)

Of course you can!!! Either carry-on or checked...it won't really matter. They prefer you to be "well-groomed"!!!

lol! Thanks cb at sea! I don't know where I read it - perhaps I dreamed it! :o :)

lol! Thanks cb at sea! I don't know where I read it - perhaps I dreamed it! :o :)

No you didn't dream it.:)

But I don't think you need to worry as the RCCL website now says with regards to prohibited items -

"sharp objects, including all knives and scissors with a blade length of 10.2 cm (4 inches) or more."

It did previously say nail scissors.

No you didn't dream it.:)

But I don't think you need to worry as the RCCL website now says with regards to prohibited items -

"sharp objects, including all knives and scissors with a blade length of 10.2 cm (4 inches) or more."

It did previously say nail scissors.

I can personally attest to this as we brought backpacks with school supplies to the Dominican Republic and the scissors were confiscated.:mad: The blades were a hair over 3" long.

RC seems to have sporadic enforcement of the scissors rule. My mom does scrapbooking. She brought a full-sized pair of cutting shears onboard in her checked bag. No problem. I was very surprised when I saw they made it onboard. My husband's mustache scissors with a blade under 2" and rounded tips, also in a checked bag, were confiscated. :confused:

I've never had tweezers taken away on a ship.

Archived