Would you Zumba at sea??

I recently started taking Zumba & Jazzercise classes at my local gym..I LOVE the Zumba & it's GREAT excercise too loaded with high energy fun fun FUN ! normally I never would go to the gym or excercise during my cruise vacation but I would certainly do this if they had it :)

so I'm just wondering if others would be interested in it as well & hoping Royal Caribbean sees this & considers trying it out. I think it would become popular on the ships as it is very popular here where I'm from..and if you really think about it, it's just a little more than the line dancing they do up on deck at sailaway..high energy hip-hop kind of line dancing

Bring on Zumba !!

Edited by wrkfire911

Just off Voyager yesterday and that was the #1 comment that I left on the card. I'd love Zumba classes and I'd be willing to pay a nominal fee for them. I'd love to see outdoor classes as well, maybe on Sports deck?

I attend Zumba classes now and would love to see the class offered on RCI ships. I would be willing to pay a nominal fee to attend such a class. The thing I find with Zumba is that a lot depends on the instructor. Hopefully, if RCI does bring it on, they would most definitely have a qualified instructor. Does anyone have any idea how the classes are going over on the Princess ships?...I'll check their boards and see if I can find anything.

We have a Zumba instructor coming on our January 29th cruise that will be having classes. She talks about how this works with RCI...

Edited by DALSAL

I prefer the shipboard triathelon myself:

1) Push up off of the lounger;

2) Run to the sky bar and get a bucket of beer;

3) Run back to lounger, then lift beers until exhausted

Repeat as often as the urge for exercise remains:D

I prefer the shipboard triathelon myself:

1) Push up off of the lounger;

2) Run to the sky bar and get a bucket of beer;

3) Run back to lounger, then lift beers until exhausted

Repeat as often as the urge for exercise remains:D

Sorry to streneous! That´s what bar waiters are for.:p

I recently started taking Zumba & Jazzercise classes at my local gym..I LOVE the Zumba & it's GREAT excercise too loaded with high energy fun fun FUN ! normally I never would go to the gym or excercise during my cruise vacation but I would certainly do this if they had it :)

so I'm just wondering if others would be interested in it as well & hoping Royal Caribbean sees this & considers trying it out. I think it would become popular on the ships as it is very popular here where I'm from..and if you really think about it, it's just a little more than the line dancing they do up on deck at sailaway..high energy hip-hop kind of line dancing

Bring on Zumba !!

I would LOVE to Zumba on board. I am addicted and do it 2-3x a week at home. I was on the Liberty in November and mentioned it to the gym trainers. They said they hear that all the time. I've also written to RCL a few times about it. One time to ask if I could teach a class on the Liberty (answer - NO), and two to tell them Princess now has it and they should too. We should all write to RCL separately. If enough of us ask, then maybe they'll do it. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!

I was at a Cancun Club Med resort in March and they had Zumba on the beach every day. AMAZING!!!!! Let's get Zumba on RCL!!!!! :D

What I have heard is that "Zumba" as you know is a patent Latin dance system that they do not have the certification for on RCI. They are talking about doing a "similar" type dance that would satisfy us "Zumba" addicts! Look in your compass to see if they have a dance session sounding like Zumba....it is to start sometime soon.

What I have heard is that "Zumba" as you know is a patent Latin dance system that they do not have the certification for on RCI. They are talking about doing a "similar" type dance that would satisfy us "Zumba" addicts! Look in your compass to see if they have a dance session sounding like Zumba....it is to start sometime soon.

That's great!! When I asked RCL if they were going to add it, their response sounded quite positive that they are considering it. I think with Princess adding it to their itinerary it certainly puts pressure on other cruise lines to follow suit!! Let's just ask them over and over until they cave. :D Send them a message through this link:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do