Would you Zumba at sea??

That's great!! When I asked RCL if they were going to add it, their response sounded quite positive that they are considering it. I think with Princess adding it to their itinerary it certainly puts pressure on other cruise lines to follow suit!! Let's just ask them over and over until they cave. :D Send them a message through this link:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do

let's hope this works !!! I submitted my request via your link...and IF Zumba isnt on the ships before my next RCL cruise in March then I'll put it on a comment card...surely would LOVE to see it wayyy before then though

let the Booty Shakin begin!

I attend Zumba classes now and would love to see the class offered on RCI ships. I would be willing to pay a nominal fee to attend such a class. The thing I find with Zumba is that a lot depends on the instructor. Hopefully, if RCI does bring it on, they would most definitely have a qualified instructor. Does anyone have any idea how the classes are going over on the Princess ships?...I'll check their boards and see if I can find anything.

I went to Zumba classes on the Carib. Princess in June and on the Crown in April. Both were packed and great fun. There was no extra charge for the classes. I'm not sure if that would have decreased attendance or not. They were held in lounges on their dance floors. I'd love to see it on RCCL!

I recently started taking Zumba & Jazzercise classes at my local gym..I LOVE the Zumba & it's GREAT excercise too loaded with high energy fun fun FUN ! normally I never would go to the gym or excercise during my cruise vacation but I would certainly do this if they had it :)

so I'm just wondering if others would be interested in it as well & hoping Royal Caribbean sees this & considers trying it out. I think it would become popular on the ships as it is very popular here where I'm from..and if you really think about it, it's just a little more than the line dancing they do up on deck at sailaway..high energy hip-hop kind of line dancing

Bring on Zumba !!

Princess offers it at no cost! Just did it on my 6/22 Princess sailing and the room was packed with people of all ages and experience! :D

Regular ballroom dance class seemed to be a breeze after Zumba! It really gives you a great workout.

MARAPRINCE

Nah... not into that type of workout but just because it's not my workout preference it doesn't mean it isn't a great idea for those who would!

I'm in favor of any workout that gets people to workout. GO ZUMBA! lol

I'm not really in favor of a 30-60 minute Zumba class on the pool deck though. If you want to workout, it should be in the gym. Sorry, the's the only nay I have.

Nah... not into that type of workout but just because it's not my workout preference it doesn't mean it isn't a great idea for those who would!

I'm in favor of any workout that gets people to workout. GO ZUMBA! lol

I'm not really in favor of a 30-60 minute Zumba class on the pool deck though. If you want to workout, it should be in the gym. Sorry, the's the only nay I have.

If you've never been to a Zumba class then you wouldnt realize that its not that different then the line dancing they do at sail away...its just a little more cardio & shaking going on:)

If you've never been to a Zumba class then you wouldnt realize that its not that different then the line dancing they do at sail away...its just a little more cardio & shaking going on:)

I've seen it at the gym and heard the music they play and I'd just rather not have it on the pool deck. I think it's a great idea for those who want to do it. I don't want to watch a class on the pool deck and definately not during the sail away lol. Maybe once the ship is out a bit for 1 or 2 songs or something but not a class. Zumba classes at my gym are an hour :eek: Just don't wanna have to watch it! Maybe even at night time a pool deck zumba party would be appropriate but not during general pool hours.

someone else said that they recently had it poolside..I'd rather have it in one of the dance lounges where there's AIR conditioning! those who zumba understand I'm sure IT's HOT ! and classes should be an hour long as most of them are..1 or 2 songs worth for a 'cardio' is a waste of time and would kinda defeat the purpose..I'm sure the pilates classes are an hour long as well

I never said to "DO a class" at sail away..I just compared it to the line dancing they ALREADY do on the pool deck at sail away parties

Edited by wrkfire911

I've seen it at the gym and heard the music they play and I'd just rather not have it on the pool deck. I think it's a great idea for those who want to do it. I don't want to watch a class on the pool deck and definately not during the sail away lol. Maybe once the ship is out a bit for 1 or 2 songs or something but not a class. Zumba classes at my gym are an hour :eek: Just don't wanna have to watch it! Maybe even at night time a pool deck zumba party would be appropriate but not during general pool hours.

I agree and I'm a huge Zumba addict. If you're not actually doing it and just want to relax, you certainly don't want to listen to that loud pounding music and watch us all shake our booties for 1 hour! Plus it's such a high energy workout, we really need the gym or another A/C place to do it. Doing it in the sun on the beach in Cancun every day was EXHAUSTING!!! :D

What I have heard is that "Zumba" as you know is a patent Latin dance system that they do not have the certification for on RCI. They are talking about doing a "similar" type dance that would satisfy us "Zumba" addicts! Look in your compass to see if they have a dance session sounding like Zumba....it is to start sometime soon.

My wife has been a Zumba Instructor since 2007, and it is pricey for the training and license. Most classes are $200 to $300 to get the certification in a particular type (there are several, basic, basic II, Gold, pool, kids, toning and maybe a couple of others) then the instructor must pay $30 a month to remain a ZIN (zumba instructor network member). Most people that get trained in Zumba quit because in most towns somebody gets trained then does it for several months at too cheap a price for a class because they enjoy doing it. This makes it difficult to justify the monthly expenses. That said, my wife loves teaching the class and has quit teaching all other fitness classes. She was working a few new of her own dance things to incorporate a few other fitness techniques into the mostly cardio quality of Zumba. The quality of the instructor is key to a great class. My wife has many loyal followers, and it is fun for her, but there are a lot of bad instructors out there. Most are not current on their license or the dances. We have traveled all over the world and my wife always takes in a class when we are travelling. The best was in Bruges Belgium in 2009 where the instructor was a former National Hip Hop champion of France the room was like a disco. She recently took classes in Australia and New Zealand and next month she will take a class in San Diego. You can incorporate Zumba on your next holiday by going to zumba dot com and going to find a class.

jc

I agree and I'm a huge Zumba addict. If you're not actually doing it and just want to relax, you certainly don't want to listen to that loud pounding music and watch us all shake our booties for 1 hour! Plus it's such a high energy workout, we really need the gym or another A/C place to do it. Doing it in the sun on the beach in Cancun every day was EXHAUSTING!!! :D

Princess considers Zumba as a dance class and as such it is held in one of the lounges with A/C and not in the gym. If it was held in the gym, there would be a charge just like for spinning classes.

Yes, the instructor needs to be certified to teach Zumba. Our instructor on Princess made us take a water break every 10 minutes or so.

The dance classes on Princess were taught by a different instructor who took the time to go around to everyone attending to make sure they were doing the proper steps. If not, he spends some extra time with that person to be sure they caught on. Remember, there was no charge for these classes. I thought he went over and above what I have seen on other ships/lines to make sure you came away with a positive experience. We had passengers of all ages participating and we partnered up after learning the steps. It made it fun for all, especially those who started out without a partner. These sessions ran the full hour and were well attended.

Hopefully, Zumba will be available on Explorer in November. :):D:)

MARAPRINCE

Love my Zumba and did a couple of classes on the Ruby Princess last month. It is true that the instructors make a big difference, but it is also true that an hour of zumba burns those extra calories no matter what. Loved having it - certainly with all the followers RCL will add it! (at no cost, btw)...

Love Zumba

Would like to see classes on RC and on other cruise lines. It fits the cruise atmosphere and offers dance based keep fit for holiday mood plus its great fun and burns the calories - bring it on! PLEASE!

I recently started taking Zumba & Jazzercise classes at my local gym..I LOVE the Zumba & it's GREAT excercise too loaded with high energy fun fun FUN ! normally I never would go to the gym or excercise during my cruise vacation but I would certainly do this if they had it :)

so I'm just wondering if others would be interested in it as well & hoping Royal Caribbean sees this & considers trying it out. I think it would become popular on the ships as it is very popular here where I'm from..and if you really think about it, it's just a little more than the line dancing they do up on deck at sailaway..high energy hip-hop kind of line dancing

Bring on Zumba !!

We were on Grandeur 10-17 July and the CD did a Zumba class twice on that sailing so it is happening

My DD and DIL did Zumba classes on AOS in May on our TA to Malaga. I believe they were offered 3 times while we were crossing . They loved the class. It was held in Studio B.

Oh Studio B would be perfect!!!! So glad to hear that RCI is incorporating it on some of their ships. I'm on the Oasis in November 2012 (462 days!!), so lots of time for them to get it on there. I just sent them a message again through this link https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do and asked them again. I also pointed them here to this discussion topic.

Edited by Beaching It

this is awesome! glad to hear that it is catching on on some ships-and I hope it catches on some of the smaller class ships..there werent any offered when I was on the Grandeur the last time before they moved her from Baltimore..but I'd welcome some classes on the Enchantment !:eek:

another great thing about zumba (at least in my experience with the classes at the YMCA) you can modify it for all shapes, sizes & abilities...or lack there of ! :D

my days off are few and far between & usually I sleep in on those days..but tomorrow I'll be at the Y at a 730zm zumba class ..that's a 1st !