Would you Zumba at sea??

I prefer the shipboard triathelon myself:

1) Push up off of the lounger;

2) Run to the sky bar and get a bucket of beer;

3) Run back to lounger, then lift beers until exhausted

Repeat as often as the urge for exercise remains:D

I want to work out with you!!! :-D

But I do like Zumba too. So much fun , especially when they play some of my favorite music from the past.

I do zumba at least once a week and workout everyday whether it be body pump,. stability ball , treadmill, or pilates. Honestly, when on vacation, I want a week off! I try to walk as much as I can and use the stairs. Last year on Oasis , did the water aerobics class but never hit the gym. I intend to do the sAME this year

There was Zumba on Freedom of The Seas this past week. But they call it Latin Dance Aerobics in the cruise compass. They can't call it Zumba because of the licensing of the name, but that's what the Latin Dance Aerobics is. Hope this helps you ladies out.

Hi nicole. Can you remember what other classes were available? I would go to the Latin one anyway, just nosey as to what else is on offer.

I am a licensed Zumba instructor sailing on the Oasis departing 2/11/2012. I am bringing my iPod and a sound system and plan on asking Guest Services for a room so I can shake my bonbon.

So, this year I'm just asking for a room ANYWHERE and I will get my Zumba on. Would be really nice if I could get the word out to other Zumba peeps and get a nice group going. With a ship as big as the Oasis, I am sure there are plenty of other instructors onboard, not to mention enthusiasts!!!! PM me if you are on this cruise!

So, did you get a room to Zumba in? My wife is an instructor and wants take her speakers and do Zumba on Allure. I've asked her repeatedly to just not do Zumba for a week, I might as well ask her to not breathe for a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I recently started taking Zumba & Jazzercise classes at my local gym..I LOVE the Zumba & it's GREAT excercise too loaded with high energy fun fun FUN ! normally I never would go to the gym or excercise during my cruise vacation but I would certainly do this if they had it :)

so I'm just wondering if others would be interested in it as well & hoping Royal Caribbean sees this & considers trying it out. I think it would become popular on the ships as it is very popular here where I'm from..and if you really think about it, it's just a little more than the line dancing they do up on deck at sailaway..high energy hip-hop kind of line dancing

Bring on Zumba !!

Amy, the cruise director, led a Zumba Class on the Oasis, last week. She is in great shape.

• 9 months later...

Elise was on the Oasis until recently when she moved to the Explorer for the rest of her contract. She was the activity director for Freedom, then Oasis and now Explorer and a fellow Zumba instructor. She taught "Latin Dance fitness" aboard because Royal was concerned about the Zumba licensing. That has since been clarified with Royal and is now offered as Zumba.

Royal is actively hiring Zumba instructors for Zumba and Zumba Gold as part of the staff aboard. I would expect the entire Royal fleet to have Zumba offered soon.

-Doug

Elise was on the Oasis until recently when she moved to the Explorer for the rest of her contract. She was the activity director for Freedom, then Oasis and now Explorer and a fellow Zumba instructor. She taught "Latin Dance fitness" aboard because Royal was concerned about the Zumba licensing. That has since been clarified with Royal and is now offered as Zumba.

Royal is actively hiring Zumba instructors for Zumba and Zumba Gold as part of the staff aboard. I would expect the entire Royal fleet to have Zumba offered soon.

-Doug

The Cruise Director on the Oasis when I sailed last September (Amy Fickert) conducted DAILY Zumba classes on the Promenade. She is Zumba certified as a trainer, and she really gave us a workout. Lots of fun!

-Doug

Is that for definite? I would love this to be the case, I know that Celebrity promise Zumba classes daily on every cruise and really wish RC would do this. The key is that they're FREE - highly unusual for any decent classes onboard. :rolleyes:

I recently returned from Splendour of the Seas and there was a Zumba style class on the pool deck most mornings. It was well subscribed and the instructor was fabulous, so much so, I looked for Zumba classes when I came home- really keen to keep it up.

Is that for definite? I would love this to be the case, I know that Celebrity promise Zumba classes daily on every cruise and really wish RC would do this. The key is that they're FREE - highly unusual for any decent classes onboard. :rolleyes:

I've been passing all the Zumba instructor postings on to the Zumba forum. There are many young instructors that would love to teach onboard. So from what I have seen, it is definite. :)

I've been passing all the Zumba instructor postings on to the Zumba forum. There are many young instructors that would love to teach onboard. So from what I have seen, it is definite. :)

That's great to hear - thank you :D

I would love it! It's the ONLY exercise class that I actually enjoy. I have written to RCCL and mentioned it several times on my comment cards. Listen up RCCL -WE WANT ZUMBA!`

• 1 year later...

Definitely NO. I am a Zumba Instructor so the last thing I want to do on vacation is participate in a Zumba Class. There are groups that do come onboard to teach Zumba. Fun N fitness is one that I am familiar with. Not sure if you have to be part of the group to attend. If so, the prices are higher since you are paying the expenses of the Instructor.

I recently started taking Zumba & Jazzercise classes at my local gym..I LOVE the Zumba & it's GREAT excercise too loaded with high energy fun fun FUN ! normally I never would go to the gym or excercise during my cruise vacation but I would certainly do this if they had it :)

so I'm just wondering if others would be interested in it as well & hoping Royal Caribbean sees this & considers trying it out. I think it would become popular on the ships as it is very popular here where I'm from..and if you really think about it, it's just a little more than the line dancing they do up on deck at sailaway..high energy hip-hop kind of line dancing

Bring on Zumba !!

I would if it was at 6 am when the gym opens. I go to the gym first thing in the morning. Once my workout is done, not doing more unless it is at the pool or something like that.