Can we, or can't we, drop off bags early at Manhattan Cruise Terminal?

alwayssingin

I've emailed Carnival twice. The first time I asked "When can we drop off our luggage at the pier?" stating we would like to drop them off then do a little sightseeing. I was told we would have to board when we checked our bags and could not just drop them off.

The second time I was more specific and asked "When to the porters start collecting bags at the port?" I was told "Embarkation time for our New York cruises is between 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm, these are times that the porters will start collecting luggage"

So, is this true? We're spending time in NYV when we return from our cruise, so sightseeing is really not an issue. My plan was to pick up ginger ale and soda at a grocery store close by. What I DON'T want to happen is to arrive at the pier at 9-10 AM and find out that we can't leave our bags.

Anybody give some insight on this?

NCL it was 10a they took the bags and their tip right on the street and people were still getting off the ship.

We arrived at the pier dropped our luggage walked the 15 minutes to Times Square and it wasn't 10 am yet. We were able to get a full day of sightseeing in. Then came back to check in when all the lineups were gone! Karen

Archived