Age discrimination on RCCL excursions!

Specific example, San Juan PR, you must be under 60 to do the Segway tour.

I'm 64 and ride a motorcycle all over the country yet I'm too old to ride a segway. There is something wrong with that in my mind. It's a good thing I have no desire to ride a segway.

Edited to add: I looked at a private Segway tour in San Juan. It appears to have no age restriction and is cheaper than the ships excursion.

1. If the Explorere of the Seas is in port, they will only accept reservations through RCL.

2. And you MUST be under 60 years old.

And dem is da facts. Been there, done it.

I'm 64 and ride a motorcycle all over the country yet I'm too old to ride a segway. There is something wrong with that in my mind. It's a good thing I have no desire to ride a segway.

Good point, but BMW doesn't pay your insurance (assuming that's a BMW in your avatar). You do. That's the difference.

I did several snorkeling excursions in March and never once did I hear anything about issues with diabetics participating. Perhaps it is because I am a Type I but still, there was one excursion we were on where we anchored off shore and they took us to shore on a dingy for lunch. I forgot my insulin on the boat and was immediately taken back to the boat to get it. Never was there concern about me participating in the snorkeling as a diabetic. Maybe some operators are afraid of a hypoglycemic episode while snorkeling but really, how dangerous is that? It is not like you are doing scuba!

Note: Certain medical / age restrictions apply on this tour. Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them. Pregnant women can not be accommodated on this tour. Minimum age to participate is 8 years.

This is now on most snorkel tours. In fact it is on most tours that have any activity level about the lowest one.

Yes this is a Boigus post but it has brought up this fact. I always check with my doctor before I go on any trip out of my province. He ensures that a I am healthy enough to go and be tells me to watch what and where I eat. (can not eat off a fruit stand in Mexico for instance but can eat at the private Island in Mexico. He tell me how long I am aloud for tours 4 hours max. So the snorkel tour for 6 hours is out the window even though 2 yrs ago I was aloud but he says that my health has dropped a little so now only 4 hours off ship.

Yes this is a Boigus post but it has brought up this fact. I always check with my doctor before I go on any trip out of my province. He ensures that a I am healthy enough to go and be tells me to watch what and where I eat. (can not eat off a fruit stand in Mexico for instance but can eat at the private Island in Mexico. He tell me how long I am aloud for tours 4 hours max. So the snorkel tour for 6 hours is out the window even though 2 yrs ago I was aloud but he says that my health has dropped a little so now only 4 hours off ship.

And it really is just for safety reasons. I dont know why the OP wants to make such a big deal out of this. He could end up drowning in one of those scuba dives. He should have more consideration about the reasons behind the subject.

• 2 months later...

Somebody that have small childrens and has realised excursions with RCI, that can say me about the minimal ages to realise excursions?

We like to make the excursion " Coastal cruise to the Pitons" in St. Lucia .

In the brochure of excursions says that the minimal age is of 5 years; my daughter will be 4 years old at the time of the cruise.

It is strict Royal about the age or due to the small difference of age can be realised equal?

Somebody that have small childrens and has realised excursions with RCI, that can say me about the minimal ages to realise excursions?

We like to make the excursion " Coastal cruise to the Pitons" in St. Lucia .

In the brochure of excursions says that the minimal age is of 5 years; my daughter will be 4 years old at the time of the cruise.

It is strict Royal about the age or due to the small difference of age can be realised equal?

They are pretty strict when it comes to minimum age. I would suggest you try booking a similar excursion privately. Private excursions are usually more flexible with their age requirements and are typically cheaper too.:)

in Alaska this summer, on our Cruisetour, we wanted to do a whitewater rafting excursion - RCCL said minimum age 11 - our youngest is ten and wanted to go something awful.... we waited until we got there and what do you know - NO PROBLEM for a ten year old to go rafting.... AND it was a blast!

Archived