Departure time question.

karlth

I'm leaving tomorrow on "Roman Empires" on Noordam from Rome. On the express docs it says departure time is 1pm.

Does that mean boarding starts at 1pm or that passengers have to be on board by 1pm?

Thanks.

Many people like to arrive at the cruise terminals around 11 AM so that they can get on the ship right away to enjoy lunch.

Another new policy -- cabins are now ready when you embark the ship so that you can take any carry-on items right to your cabin and don't have to be burden with them during lunch.

If it says Departure time, that is the time the SHIP Departs and you need to be on that ship at least (I believe) 90 minutes prior to Departure Time of the Ship.

If it says Boarding Time then as others have stated you can board earlier.

I just checked one of my Cruise Docs and noted the following:

MON 05MAR12 Sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US 5:00pm

5:00 pm being the time the ship wil sail without me (IF I were not aboard before that time)

Joanie

Does that mean boarding starts at 1pm or that passengers have to be on board by 1pm?
Neither. That's a "suggested" boarding time. Your ship sails at 5:00p, and most pax will board between 11:00a and 3:00p.

Edit: I just realized you'll probably never see this post. If you're already in Europe, it's almost 4:00a and you're asleep. If you're not already there you're likely on a plane. :D

Archived