Sept. 25 Vancouver or Seattle ?

Winters in NZ

Is this an Alaska cruise? Or is it a repositioning cruise where passengers may board in either port?

It is possible that the cruise starts in Vancouver, stops in Seattle, then continues on, and HAL has the wrong starting point listed?

Good try Ruth, but this cruise, according to the HAL web site, is leaving from Vancouver, going to Hawaii, and returning to San Diego. Because it ends in an American port and goes to an American destination it can't start at an American Port, thus it must start in Vancouver, or visit Mexico before returning to the San Diego. Bottom line it is leaving from Vancouver.

Oh, I understand the PVSA, Greg. What I didn't know was that it's a Hawaii cruise. I had wondered if the ship was heading Down Under. There was talk a while back that it might be there next season. I lost track of what the final deployment for next year is going to be.

Oh, I understand the PVSA, Greg. What I didn't know was that it's a Hawaii cruise. I had wondered if the ship was heading Down Under. There was talk a while back that it might be there next season. I lost track of what the final deployment for next year is going to be.

Ruth,

The Zaandam sails from San Diego to Sydney Australia, departing on October 30th.

Hi. I believe there are 5 ships sailing out of Vancouver on Sept 25/2011. We are on the Westerdam that sails from Seattle on Sept 24th to Vancouver. We then head down to San Diego and from there, its to Hawaii, Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Fanning Island, another Island (not sure of name) and then return to San Diego. Our trip was advertised as 34 days originating in Vancouver and finishing in SD.

Lynda

Ruth,

The Zaandam sails from San Diego to Sydney Australia, departing on October 30th.

Thank you! For a little while there I thought I was losing it totally.

Glad to know it's only a partial loss. ;)

Hi. I believe there are 5 ships sailing out of Vancouver on Sept 25/2011. We are on the Westerdam that sails from Seattle on Sept 24th to Vancouver. We then head down to San Diego and from there, its to Hawaii, Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Fanning Island, another Island (not sure of name) and then return to San Diego. Our trip was advertised as 34 days originating in Vancouver and finishing in SD.

Lynda

You're right on. 3 at Canada Place...2 at the Ballantyne Pier.

Thank you! For a little while there I thought I was losing it totally.

Glad to know it's only a partial loss. ;)

No Ruth, you certainly are not losing it:)

The Volendam has been chartered during the Rugby World Cup, which is being held here September/October. (Big occasion for our little country).

The Zaandam will continue with the usual itineraries, then do some Asian cruises before heading north for the Alaska season next year.

Archived