Another dining question - port days

On port days, I assume that many folks miss dinner on the ship to enjoy their time in port. Does the MDR have more flexibility on port days when the ship is docked late?

Would it be/Is it possible to ask for a different seating on port days or to use ATD? Please don't flame the newbie, and while I don't plan to be on the ship at dinner time, traveling with kids often changes MY plans;). I'd rather ask you all than be looked at like I have two heads if I ask on board.

Nope, most ports you have to be back on the ship before 6 pm that I can think of.

Maybe you need to sign up for anytime if you have kids and dont think you can be to dinner at the times for traditional?

No, you cant switch back and forth, one or the other. Anytime only has so much space allocated to it. It fills up fast, and unless you are platinum you probably cant switch once on the ship. One guy at my dinner table waited too long to ask and couldnt switch.

On port days, I assume that many folks miss dinner on the ship to enjoy their time in port. Does the MDR have more flexibility on port days when the ship is docked late?

Would it be/Is it possible to ask for a different seating on port days or to use ATD? Please don't flame the newbie, and while I don't plan to be on the ship at dinner time, traveling with kids often changes MY plans;). I'd rather ask you all than be looked at like I have two heads if I ask on board.

Nope... sorry. Dining times remain as scheduled on port days. You do not have the option of using Your Time Dining if you have an assigned dining time

There are very few situations when you won't be back on the ship in time for Early Dining so it shouldn't be a problem.

:)

The majority of folks will head back in time for dinner....port days can be exhausting! You have to be back on the ship 1/2 hour prior to sailaway, anyhow!

If you want to use ATD, then you have to sign up for it for the entire cruise.

No. Your seating time is what it is no matter at sea or at port. Sometimes you will be in port until later in the evening, but very often you'll be leaving port at 3pm-6pm so everyone will be back onboard.

Thanks for the replies. We are in port until 7 and 10 at two stops. Was just wondering about port days.

Nope, most ports you have to be back on the ship before 6 pm that I can think of.

Maybe you need to sign up for anytime if you have kids and dont think you can be to dinner at the times for traditional? I don't think this at all. I am happy with my dining time. I was curious about late port days, that's why I asked. I was wondering how empty the MDR would be and if it was empty, if they had/allowed flexibility on those types of nights; I kind of picture a lot of folks partying at the bars in port, but maybe they don't.

No, you cant switch back and forth, one or the other. Anytime only has so much space allocated to it. It fills up fast, and unless you are platinum you probably cant switch once on the ship. One guy at my dinner table waited too long to ask and couldnt switch.

If you don't think you can make it, go eat on Lido or order room service rather than pushing to get there on time.

That's not the issue, but thanks.

We had 8:15 dining; when in Grand Turk (till 7pm) we had enough time to come back on board after a long beach day and shower and change. In San Juan our sail-away was midnight. Some of us came back on board for dinner and some stayed in town to eat.

We had early seating on Fascination and were docked in Nassau til 10 pm. Even though we went to the Atlantis waterpark, we wanted to make it back for our MDR meal because we love that experience and it's already paid for! There were several empty tables that night.

Archived