Recent IPAD Experiences??

mikjr

Thanks Pam, I thought the iPad could only handle emailed photos or photos taken with its own camera.

Separate question. Can non Princess wi fi be used in ports? Specifically Grand Med.

The iPad can use any WiFi connection anywhere, whether it's using the ship's WiFi or in port. As long as it's an "open" connection and doesn't have the "lock" icon next to it or require a password, you can use it.

I'll be bringing my iPad 2 on my May 23rd cruise. So will my mother. I work for Apple so this will surely be a test of its abilities and my love for Apple! I'm bringing it mainly so I can upload photos to it and then decide what goes on Facebook and my blog depending on the WIFI situation. I know it will be slow, but I'll be smart!

1.1.1.1 still works. I think if you use logout.com, it actually does a 1.1.1.1

Make sure you allow pop-ups. That was a lesson my Mozilla using techie son had to learn the hard way. Took him several attempts (and at pay-as-you-go minutes, more $$$) to log off when he finally realized Princess uses pop-ups.

I used my iPad2 on my last cruise(on the Sapphire) with the photo connection kit and it worked just great.

The internet was slow and it seemed the time to upload was the same for a laptop or the

iPad. iPad was so much lighter to carry around for the basics that I needed..for sure it is not a computer but has a special place in my travels.

The Ipad did NOT fit in the safe on the Grand in December.

Did you have you iPad in a case or something by chance? I am curious as to the security of the safe additionally. I've seen many videos of default passwords on hotel safes. Are they actually safe?

Any "tech savvy" folks out there know if the "logout.com" or "1.1.1.1" commands work to log off the internet on a Kindle Fire? If not, what would one do to ensure a disconnect so that the internet meter does not continue to run?

Have read some so reviews on Amazon's "Silk" browser. But aside from that, it has an address bar so I believe "logout.com" should log you out. When you type it in and hit send, you should get a "successful logout message."

Bob

Archived