Do you have to check luggage at Ft. Lauderdale?

bonzusaf

Hello!

My wife and I are cruising on the Carnival Freedom in November. We are first timers and I have a question about luggage. Do you have to check your luggage with the port stewards or can you take them on board with you after checking in and upon getting on the boat?

Thanks!

You can bring all the carry ons you want though.. so just bring a extra one instead of a bigger suitcase if you want to carry them on. use a backpack or something if you have overflow.

You can bring it alll on yourself.

Dont forget if you are bringing on soda or your one bottle of wine, it has to be carried on only. cannt be checked.

Hello!

My wife and I are cruising on the Carnival Freedom in November. We are first timers and I have a question about luggage. Do you have to check your luggage with the port stewards or can you take them on board with you after checking in and upon getting on the boat?

Thanks!

Anything larger than a carry on will have to be given to the porters. All luggage is security scanned, and larger bags are scanned in huge machines on the lower decks.

You get to board about what time?

They normally start letting people board between 11:30ish-Noonish..If you are going to carry all your luggage on but don't want to lug it around for a while, I would probably board after 1:30pm so you can go straight to your room.

I know this gets a little off topic of this thread, but do you park at the port or a local hotel?

We are driving down the day before and did not know if parking at the port was better than a hotel.

I know this gets a little off topic of this thread, but do you park at the port or a local hotel?

We are driving down the day before and did not know if parking at the port was better than a hotel.

I would try to find a hotel that will let you park for free if you stay the night before.

Your hotel might offer free parking when you take a cruise. If you park at the cruise terminal you wil pay $ 15.00 a day

My best advice is talk to your hotel and see if they offer free parking or perhaps park at one of many off site parking lots which charge much less then at the terminal and catch a free suttle.

Once in the US, once in Europe we were not allowed to bring our 24" with us to check-in. The luggage is taken before you walk into the building where the actual check-in process takes place.

I guess, if you have carry-on sizes only, you can roll it yourself - but this would be uncomfortable on the ship, find where to store, go retrieve when the cabins are ready. They start boarding before the cabins are ready. Not the most pleasant way to start vacations with the luggage in the lunch room.

On our cruise last week, I did not hear any mention of storing carryons until the cabins were ready. We and it seemed everyone else had them with us for the 90 minutes from boarding until we got in the cabin.

Archived