Found: WALLET, Monarch, Stateroom #9010

Blessings for doing the right thing.

As a side note, it reminded me about the time that my high school and college age kids found someone's underwear under the life vests!:eek: EEEWWWW!!!

Blessings!

Yikes! Yet another reason to check that we're not leaving ANYTHING behind!

Try going to the roll call for the cruise before yours--Often there is a listing of pax with room numbers, etc. Its a very slim chance. Im sure RCI will not give you the name/address of the previous cruisers in that cabin but they might contact them and give them your contact information if requested to do so.

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't thought about that.

So nothing at all in terms of cards? No credit card, no membership cards or saving cards for stores? This makes me inclined to think it was probably a childs wallet. Even if I took out my cards to use there would be something left to identify me by, like my Kroger card or medical.

You are correct - the exterior of the wallet leads me to believe the same. No cards, just cash.

thanks to you for being so honest, I am in a small buisness and get an occasional customer that comes back and says I wasn't charged enough I owe you this!!! Its a great feeling to know there are still some (probably more than we realize with todays media) very honest people left in this country!!!!:D

Thanks - appreciate it Plowboy . . .

I save my underwear that I would ordinarily replace but good for one more wearing to take when I cruise. Then I toss it and it could be the first night.

One time I put it in the trash and the room steward got it out, folded it up and put it on my bed. I learned to stuff it in one of those feminine hygiene bags after that.

If you had turned the wallet into Guest Relations, the odds are it would never find its home. Cruise lines do not have a good track record of returning lost/forgotten items. Too many have access to it for a good chain of possession. So if you don't find the owner, I think you have done all you could and rest easy.

I've always said if I found anything of value, I would report to Guest Relations I found (something) and to have the owner contact me at (cell phone number) so I can return it if an inquiry comes in.

On my last cruise, an expensive looking (sapphire and diamond) but fake bracelet fell off and it was turned into Guest Relations. Guest Relations must have thought it was an expensive because it wasn't in the drawer but in a sealed envelope somewhere else and they made me sign for it before I got it back.

Tucker in Texas

I save my underwear that I would ordinarily replace but good for one more wearing to take when I cruise. Then I toss it and it could be the first night.

One time I put it in the trash and the room steward got it out, folded it up and put it on my bed. I learned to stuff it in one of those feminine hygiene

Tucker in Texas

Hilarious!!:p

If you had turned the wallet into Guest Relations, the odds are it would never find its home. Cruise lines do not have a good track record of returning lost/forgotten items. Too many have access to it for a good chain of possession. So if you don't find the owner, I think you have done all you could and rest easy.

Tucker in Texas

Thanks Tucker - I like the 'throw away underwear' concept. Takes care of re-packing! And thanks for your words . . . RCI lost & found hasn't contacted me yet, hopefully tomorrow, and I'll do the same thing you did - have the owner contact me. Takes the risk out! :)

RCI lost & found hasn't contacted me yet, hopefully tomorrow, and I'll do the same thing you did - have the owner contact me. Takes the risk out! :)

I believe it may take up to five business days for RCI to respond, but please keep us posted. :)

Well, that answers my question. If there was any sort of name or ID number, I could find them for you. If there is, e-mail me at my screen name @ aol.

Paul - after your ordeal with the camera, I have no doubt that you could find anybody. :)

I hope you find the owner. I am sure there is one upset child somewhere in the world today. It sounds like something my son would do. I guess that just reminds me, I need to at least put one of my business cards in his wallet, so if it is ever left somewhere, there will be someway for an honest person to get in touch with us.

God bless you for trying to find the rightful owner! If everyone in the world would be as honest, our world wouldn't be in the mess it is in.

I am pretty sure that maybe there is a possibility that there is a chance it could be mine. The money in my wallet was green and made of paper with pictures of dead presidents. Was that what you found?
Unfortunately for you, it was all $100 bills. ;)

Me too . . .

Thank you so much for understanding - I almost did not post here, because I knew I would catch some flack from others but . . . this wallet is a child's wallet. It isn't a ton of money to an adult, but it is probably some kid's entire savings. I'd like to get it back to them, so I thought I would chance posting on this board <sigh>:confused:

That explains the lack of ID, with the new muster and not requiring you to take your life jackets, it may have been there awhile. I suppose there is a possability the people in that cabin filed a lost report before leaving.

RCI customer service is outstanding and I would imagine they would reunite the wallet with its owner if you sent it to them.

The owner likely reported it missing.

Yes their customer service is outstanding, but their track record of re-uniting owners with items left behind is not great.

Thank you so much for understanding - I almost did not post here, because I knew I would catch some flack from others but . . . this wallet is a child's wallet. It isn't a ton of money to an adult, but it is probably some kid's entire savings. I'd like to get it back to them, so I thought I would chance posting on this board <sigh>:confused:

So nothing at all in terms of cards? No credit card, no membership cards or saving cards for stores? This makes me inclined to think it was probably a childs wallet. Even if I took out my cards to use there would be something left to identify me by, like my Kroger card or medical.

Had the OP not posted that, I was going to say that hubby usually has his 'show wallet' that he will carry with him. This is the one he pulls out and only usually holds about $40 or so. That way it never appears he has much money on him when we're traveling.

Erika

(oh, wait, I did say it. :D )

Paul - after your ordeal with the camera, I have no doubt that you could find anybody. :)

AH! So that WAS you, Aquahound - I much enjoyed the turtle video :D

I hope you find the owner. I am sure there is one upset child somewhere in the world today. It sounds like something my son would do. I guess that just reminds me, I need to at least put one of my business cards in his wallet, so if it is ever left somewhere, there will be someway for an honest person to get in touch with us.

God bless you for trying to find the rightful owner! If everyone in the world would be as honest, our world wouldn't be in the mess it is in.

Thanks! And, that's a great idea!

That explains the lack of ID, with the new muster and not requiring you to take your life jackets, it may have been there awhile. I suppose there is a possability the people in that cabin filed a lost report before leaving.

That's what I was thinking too - the life jackets were right underneath the safe, too - maybe when they were "raking out" the safe, it fell into the life jackets . . .

What a great act of honesty! ;) :)

:o I just know how my kid (and then me) would feel if he lost his wallet . . .

Try going to the roll call for the cruise before yours--Often there is a listing of pax with room numbers, etc. Its a very slim chance. Im sure RCI will not give you the name/address of the previous cruisers in that cabin but they might contact them and give them your contact information if requested to do so.

Searched the Monarch Roll Call for "wallet", "9010", and did not find it :(

Had the OP not posted that, I was going to say that hubby usually has his 'show wallet' that he will carry with him. This is the one he pulls out and only usually holds about $40 or so. That way it never appears he has much money on him when we're traveling.

Erika

(oh, wait, I did say it. :D )

ANOTHER great idea. I'm learning a lot!

I've emailed RCI's Lost & Found department, per their Q&A on the RCI web page. I'll let you know when/what I hear from them.

Good luck.....as we were checking our cabin before disembarkation on Voyager a couple of years ago, we found some jewelry in a paper bag behind the TV. It was not terribly expensive and it was purchased onboard. The receipt with the date of purchase and owner's last name was in the bag.

I tried multiple times to get it back to its owner, including posting info here and on the rollcall for the cruise the owner was on. Despite having specific information, I was still not able to find the owner and RC was not helpful.....RC would not give me an address or any info on where to send the jewelry, nor would they send it. I tried everything I could think of including paying for a look-up on Google! Still no luck.....I was bummed!

I'm sure the owner still wonders where that jewelry went.....

I was still not able to find the owner and RC was not helpful.....RC would not give me an address or any info on where to send the jewelry, nor would they send it. ....

That is BEYOND outrageous!:eek:

I find it hard to believe that RCI did not see to it that the jewelry was returned to the owner.

Good luck.....as we were checking our cabin before disembarkation on Voyager a couple of years ago, we found some jewelry in a paper bag behind the TV. It was not terribly expensive and it was purchased onboard. The receipt with the date of purchase and owner's last name was in the bag.

I tried multiple times to get it back to its owner, including posting info here and on the rollcall for the cruise the owner was on. Despite having specific information, I was still not able to find the owner and RC was not helpful.....RC would not give me an address or any info on where to send the jewelry, nor would they send it. I tried everything I could think of including paying for a look-up on Google! Still no luck.....I was bummed!

I'm sure the owner still wonders where that jewelry went.....

Thanks - I wish they had been more helpful ... :(

Thanks! And, that's a great idea!

Putting my business card in my prescription glasses case is how they got back to me after my HAL cruise...five months after my cruise! I received a call from the cruiseline and they were mailed out immediately to me. No info on where they were all that time! :p Another time my DH was leaving on a business trip and I stuck one of my cards in his sunglass case, just in case... Well, didn't I get his glasses back in a large manila envelope (no return address) within a week or so! Funny and nice to get them returned, but unfortunately broken. :rolleyes:

J & G, could you provide RCI with your info and have them provide it to the passenger, who could then contact you? And I can understand them not being willing to give you the jewelry owner's info, but not why RCI wouldn't be willing to send it to them.

J & G, could you provide RCI with your info and have them provide it to the passenger, who could then contact you? And I can understand them not being willing to give you the jewelry owner's info, but not why RCI wouldn't be willing to send it to them.

I did give them my info both at the pier and over the phone when I got home. I told them that the owner could contact me by phone or e-mail and I would send them the jewelry (I think I even posted my e-mail address here....I can't remember). Sadly, nobody seemed very concerned.....

I even offered to package the jewelry in a box and bring it to the pier for them to address and send (we are in Galveston frequently, so that would have been fairly easy when Voyager was there). No interest....they said they really didn't handle things like that. After all of that, I felt that I had done due diligence in trying to get the items back to their rightful owner. I just couldn't spend anymore time on it and I gave up trying. :(

Archived