Carnival said No to coctail party

antigualvr

I am planning a M&G/ cocktail party with my CC friends, Friends from funville and other friends and family on the Carnival Breeze. It is NOT an offical CC M&G.. but here's the challenge.. the Breeze is not even built yet..we do not know where we will hold it..I have been told by CC special event that I need to wait until the Ship is built so they have some idea on where we can go so I started getting names of people interested in attending and we are still 14+ months away from sailing at we are up to 70 people already.. so when I book the M&G and no money has been exchanged yet should I just tell them I need a place for 50 people and add more as needed.. or do I get the money up front? How does Pay pal work? I live in central Canada and the majority of the people in our group are from the good ole US of A( love you guys):D...anyway...would it be easier to have one to the attendees from the US take the money and pay it out to CCL?I'm really no that good at this kind of thing.. always and attendee never a co-cordinator..Thanks for you help in advance

Sorry if my post made it sounds like I am stressed. Takes a hell of a lot more than this to stress me out, I was just looking for suggestions. You're right, I haven't met my other roll call members YET, but have been chatting for months I am looking forward to meeting them!

when everything gets straightened out :D I think it is a really nice thing you are doing for your roll call. I am cruising for the first time on 8/2 YAY! and my roll call has been so helpful, can't wait to meet everyone!

.....I've set up Meet & Mingles with CC members and a couple of them were flops, but for the most part they have been extremely successful. My current roll call was kind of slow for months, but now in the past two months, the roll call has been real active. We have a M&M, Cocktail Party and Slot Tournament that we are doing. On HMC, six of us have cabanas (there are only 15) and two other groups split the Private Oasis.

You have to keep the people motivated on the roll call to make it a success. Even though there are times that it is just futile.

:eek:

wasiii

and yes, wasiii/Bill has kept us motivated and we really, really appreciate all his efforts :) Thanks Bill!

I have 2 questions. Do they provide snacks at these cocktail parties? and we have booked our cruise thru a travel agent (we are a group of family and friends) we have a group booking..can I call to set up the cocktail party or will our T/A have to do it?

I have 2 questions. Do they provide snacks at these cocktail parties? and we have booked our cruise thru a travel agent (we are a group of family and friends) we have a group booking..can I call to set up the cocktail party or will our T/A have to do it?

Your TA should be able to set it up for you.

I had my TA call the groups department and let them know that they could work directly with me on the cocktail party I have arranged. It just seemed so much easier to me if I could deal with Carnival direct in setting this up without have a middleman so to speak.

I am planning a M&G/ cocktail party with my CC friends, Friends from funville and other friends and family on the Carnival Breeze. It is NOT an offical CC M&G.. but here's the challenge.. the Breeze is not even built yet..we do not know where we will hold it..I have been told by CC special event that I need to wait until the Ship is built so they have some idea on where we can go so I started getting names of people interested in attending and we are still 14+ months away from sailing at we are up to 70 people already.. so when I book the M&G and no money has been exchanged yet should I just tell them I need a place for 50 people and add more as needed.. or do I get the money up front? How does Pay pal work? I live in central Canada and the majority of the people in our group are from the good ole US of A( love you guys):D...anyway...would it be easier to have one to the attendees from the US take the money and pay it out to CCL?I'm really no that good at this kind of thing.. always and attendee never a co-cordinator..Thanks for you help in advance

You can add people on later on, but to try to get as accurate a head count as you can going on in. There are only so many spaces that they have available for the parties, and they also have their own scheduling to work around for the larger spaces.

Some of the people in group events are easier to work with than others. When the lady who was in charge told me that we had to do a morning time slot on our first sea day (really?! Who wants a cocktail party at 10AM - well I guess you are on vacay but to me it isn't ideal) I sort of gave up when I sensed she was just being hard nosed. I called back later and got someone else, and she said "What?! No problem. Nothing else was booked, I don't know why someone would tell you that you needed to take that morning time slot." I got the time we wanted & didn't do battle with Velma. If you make too big a stink with the one in charge, she may know to instruct her underlings to hold the line in case you call back.

That is true of some passengers in general so I don't buy that as an excuse.

There are some people with that 'entitlement' attitude on Heald's blog...do you think CCL is going to ever treat Bloggers like they treat CC members??

I hardly think so.

most of the peopel who are rude on John healds blog are CC members

Just how I'd want to start out my vacation: all stressed out trying to figure out how to put together a cocktail party.....so what, you can have an hour of cocktails with people you've never met? Your a better person than I, no thanks.

Some people gain pleasure from helping others.;)

the difference here-- the meet and mingle on Royal is just a room-meeting place.

This 1 hour coctail hour features all you can drink in one hour.

Carnival loses money on these- people tend to hoarde drinks in that one hour. (not to even mention the crashers who do not pay but get freebies on the house.

You are not comparing apples to apples here

John Heald has confirmed that Carnival does not lose money from these events. Come on, get real, Carnival is a big company, they wouldn't hold events if they made a loss!

most of the peopel who are rude on John healds blog are CC members

Please provide the % of rude CC posters as opposed to other posters per post on JH's blog to prove this....:rolleyes:

Please provide the % of rude CC posters as opposed to other posters per post on JH's blog to prove this....:rolleyes:

Read the blog, I would guess about 3 out of every 6 blog posts will have a CC member demanding something or complaining about this or that.

I would be happy to post a few if you like.:D

Glad we switched to an All Inclusive last year. We get better service, better food, free drinks, amazing beach, no kids and no worries about whether we post on CC or not to get all the above. All for much less than a comparable cruise when you factor in flying from Canada, hotels, on board spending, etc.

As for this thread, if Carnival doesn't want your business, organize something at a port - find a vendor there and they will appreciate your dollars and you can control who comes and joins in.

The days of Carnival appreciating your dollars are long gone - the Cahill era is now about how much can they get you for while you are on board then attract new people to replace those they tick off and drive away.

Read the blog, I would guess about 3 out of every 6 blog posts will have a CC member demanding something or complaining about this or that.

A lot of them start with "I read on cruise critic that" and then ask for this or that without please or thanks.

Your TA should be able to set it up for you.

I had my TA call the groups department and let them know that they could work directly with me on the cocktail party I have arranged. It just seemed so much easier to me if I could deal with Carnival direct in setting this up without have a middleman so to speak.

So this actually worked? Sounds like it would be the best way to handle it.

You used the word "guess" that is not what was asked...:rolleyes:

Proof please....;)

Lets try this again.

Would you like me to post some some of the rude,demanding post from Cruise Critic members posted to John Heald's Blog?

Yes, there are CC members that are rude and demanding...and there are a lot of people that are not CC members that are exactly the same.

The question is, why is CCL singling out CC members and saying 'NO' to allowing them to pay for cocktail parties????

Do people make excuses for this cruise line for everything???????? :confused:

Yes, there are CC members that are rude and demanding...and there are a lot of people that are not CC members that are exactly the same.

The question is, why is CCL singling out CC members and saying 'NO' to allowing them to pay for cocktail parties????

Do people make excuses for this cruise line for everything???????? :confused:

Look.

Like most thing posted to the boards we are probably not getting the full story.

You have admit the boards are all about rumors and IMHO a little short on facts and correct information.

And no, I don't have problem after problem with Carnival.

But I am probably not you typical Cruise Critic poster.

Lets try this again.

Would you like me to post some some of the rude,demanding post from Cruise Critic members posted to John Heald's Blog?

You said 3 out of 6 CC members CC member demanding something or complaining about this or that.

Interesting how the selections are made and to me they are made to show CC in a very bad light.

Interesting how the selections are made and to me they are made to show CC in a very bad light.

YUP.

You don't need to be Einstein to see how intentional that is....or, should I say Freud

Like I said, better you than I. I'm on vacation.

Have you ever been on a group cruise (Cruise Critic or otherwise)?

Do you join roll calls and attend the cocktail parties when someone organizes one?

Have you ever been on a group cruise (Cruise Critic or otherwise)?

Do you join roll calls and attend the cocktail parties when someone organizes one?

No to the group cruise. Just not for me. I have been to two roll call meet and greet/cocktail parties......not again. Just not for us, not why we cruise.

No to the group cruise. Just not for me. I have been to two roll call meet and greet/cocktail parties......not again. Just not for us, not why we cruise.

But it's not that way for everyone.

Aside for CC groups, I have done group cruises with my friends and family and for us they make the cruise better...when we had the cocktail party is added so much to the vacation...instead of being spread all over the ship, for those two hours just our little group had our own space.

It was really nice...and it wasn't stressful (as it shouldn't be).

For those of us that DO enjoy group cruising, getting a cocktail party together isn't work (unless you consider making one lousy phone call 'work')...at least it didn't used to be work. It seems like if you're trying to pull a party together for CC members now, it's work right out of the gate because you have to lie to get one.

Not fun.

Archived