Carnival said No to coctail party

antigualvr

Yes, there are CC members that are rude and demanding...and there are a lot of people that are not CC members that are exactly the same.

The question is, why is CCL singling out CC members and saying 'NO' to allowing them to pay for cocktail parties????

Do people make excuses for this cruise line for everything???????? :confused:

It does seem that the folks on Carnival's CC boards are much more fiercely loyal than the other lines' boards. It may just because others (many of whom have never even sailed with Carnival) look down at the line.

It does seem that the folks on Carnival's CC boards are much more fiercely loyal than the other lines' boards. It may just because others (many of whom have never even sailed with Carnival) look down at the line.

I don't agree. I happened on to a RCCL thread and Oh My Gosh. The cheerleaders were rabid. Seriously, just my opinion.

Lets try this again.

Would you like me to post some some of the rude,demanding post from Cruise Critic members posted to John Heald's Blog?

Nope...I just asked you to prove something....That three out of six thing...;)

Yes, there are CC members that are rude and demanding...and there are a lot of people that are not CC members that are exactly the same.

The question is, why is CCL singling out CC members and saying 'NO' to allowing them to pay for cocktail parties????

Do people make excuses for this cruise line for everything???????? :confused:

What halos said....

But it's not that way for everyone.

Aside for CC groups, I have done group cruises with my friends and family and for us they make the cruise better...when we had the cocktail party is added so much to the vacation...instead of being spread all over the ship, for those two hours just our little group had our own space.

It was really nice...and it wasn't stressful (as it shouldn't be).

For those of us that DO enjoy group cruising, getting a cocktail party together isn't work (unless you consider making one lousy phone call 'work')...at least it didn't used to be work. It seems like if you're trying to pull a party together for CC members now, it's work right out of the gate because you have to lie to get one.

Not fun.

Hey, if you like it and have fun, more power to you. Just from what the OP said, it sounds like a pain and a production to get a roll call cocktail hour in place, that is extra stress that I personally would not want to add to my vacation.

I don't agree. I happened on to a RCCL thread and Oh My Gosh. The cheerleaders were rabid. Seriously, just my opinion.

I don't get the cheerleaders for any line. I float between here, RCI, and Princess which are the 3 lines I use. People just get so upset when anybody judges their line.

I'm not a Carnival cheerleader but from a business stand point I can understand why cruise critic cocktail parties would present difficulties in comparison to other groups.

For instance, if I'm organizing a group for my family and friends on the ship (say for an anniversary), I know exactly how many people, I know by sight who they all are and chances are so does everyone else in the group. If people walk by and see "Mary and John's Anniversary Party", most people would not have the guts to just walk in and try to score free drinks because they would be picked up as an outsider right away.

For a cruise critic group - you are generally talking about a group of people who have never met face to face and ultimately belong to a much larger community (the roll calls represent but a small group of people in comparision to all CC members). If there was a sign on the door or someone said this is a "Cruise Critic cocktail party", people who have not paid may feel that they can join in because they are also a member of CC.

And while many organizers are going to use name tags or wrist bands or leis or whatever else to signify those who have paid, it's not Carnival's - or the servers - job to police the party for non authorized attendees.

I'm not a Carnival cheerleader but from a business stand point I can understand why cruise critic cocktail parties would present difficulties in comparison to other groups.

For instance, if I'm organizing a group for my family and friends on the ship (say for an anniversary), I know exactly how many people, I know by sight who they all are and chances are so does everyone else in the group. If people walk by and see "Mary and John's Anniversary Party", most people would not have the guts to just walk in and try to score free drinks because they would be picked up as an outsider right away.

For a cruise critic group - you are generally talking about a group of people who have never met face to face and ultimately belong to a much larger community (the roll calls represent but a small group of people in comparision to all CC members). If there was a sign on the door or someone said this is a "Cruise Critic cocktail party", people who have not paid may feel that they can join in because they are also a member of CC.

And while many organizers are going to use name tags or wrist bands or leis or whatever else to signify those who have paid, it's not Carnival's - or the servers - job to police the party for non authorized attendees.

The voice of reason. There must be something wrong with you! :D

You said 3 out of 6 CC members CC member demanding something or complaining about this or that.

Interesting how the selections are made and to me they are made to show CC in a very bad light.

John healps many CC people I saw on his FB page today that he helped arrange 3 meet and greet gatherings. And Stu - didnt I read that he helped YOU with a request for your miracle cruise. Hypocrisy !

You said 3 out of 6 CC members CC member demanding something or complaining about this or that.

Interesting how the selections are made and to me they are made to show CC in a very bad light.

If the shoe fits...

Are you saying the selections are made up?

Not from real CC members?

Have you ever been on a group cruise (Cruise Critic or otherwise)?

Do you join roll calls and attend the cocktail parties when someone organizes one?

Group cruise, Yes.

CC group, No.

Why would I want to spend my vacation yacking about smoking, dress codes, tipping, booze smuggling and complaining about what ever cruise line we were on.:D

• 1 month later...

Our party is now scheduled. As reccomended by a poster, I emailed our request and included the number of people attending as well as date and time preferences. I received a prompt and friendly reply and we are all scheduled. For those that have had questions about payment - There needs to be a designated event leader, and that person is charged to the S&S before the event begins. We were not asked what the party was being scheduled for, Carnival was super helpful and fast. I think I just had a mis-informed rep when I called.

Thanks for all of the advice. This thread wasn't meant to prompt the whole Carnival vs. CC line of discussion, we just wanted to get our party planned.:)

Archived