King's Wharf, Bermuda. excursion help

heyabbott

We'll be going to Bermuda on the EOTS in 2 weeks. YEAH!!!!

WE'd like to rent scooters near the dock and drive them to a pretty Bermudian Beach.

We would like a referral and suggestions. HELP.

THANKS

Go to the Bermuda Port of Call thread.

If it is a beach you want to go to, my suggestion is just get a cab and go to Horseshoe Bay.

If you are going to rent scooters, please be sure you are VERY good and experienced with them - remember, these are narrow, winding roads and you will be driving on the "wrong" side of them. Have seen far too many passengers hobbling back onto the ship after an accident. Particularly remember one honeymooner whose new DH wheeled her into the Windjammer with her leg all bandaged up. She was inexperienced and he insisted that was the only way to see the island. She was not at all happy with him - not a great start to a marriage.

Get a bus/ferry pass and see the island that way.

We'll be going to Bermuda on the EOTS in 2 weeks. YEAH!!!!

WE'd like to rent scooters near the dock and drive them to a pretty Bermudian Beach.

We would like a referral and suggestions. HELP. THANKS

Horseshoe Bay beach (rated in top 5 in the world) is about 10 minutes from King Wharf.. The bus from the ship runs all day and passes most of the pretty beaches.

Scooters are plentiful in Bermuda, cannot rent cars, Bermuda law limits the cars to one per household.

Beware renting the scooter, many many americans land up in the hospital. First and formost they drive on the left which is a problem getting use to. But most important is when you get to a "Turn About" (Circle) remember to go left NOT right, around the circle.

A little trivia, Bermuda sand is not pink. There are red coral reefs around the island. Pieces of coral break off and wash onto thr beaches making the sand look pink.

BTW, Bermuda is the prettiest, safest, cleanest, and most expensive island in the Caribbean, although it is really in the North Atlantic.

We took the bus to Horseshoe Bay. Great beach. Also if you have not already done so try posting on the Bermuda board. You will get some good info there.

Isn't this the Bermuda board? And where is the ports of call board for Bermuda?

Isn't this the Bermuda board? And where is the ports of call board for Bermuda?

It is posted here now.

The question was no doubt posted on another board, such as the cruise line's, and then moved here by the moderators. It happens all the time.

Thank you and you are correct the post was moved.

Has anyone used George Trott for a tour guide?

There is a good thread that focuses on Bermuda taxi tours: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339

I am schedule to take a taxi tour with George Trott in early September, but do not yet have first-hand insight. I assume he is good, because George was recommended by a highly regarded Bermuda taxi tour driver that many CC members mention in the above CC thread.

There is a good thread that focuses on Bermuda taxi tours: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339

I am schedule to take a taxi tour with George Trott in early September, but do not yet have first-hand insight. I assume he is good, because George was recommended by a highly regarded Bermuda taxi tour driver that many CC members mention in the above CC thread.

Thanks, I saw that thread, but I was hoping to find someone who's used him and get their opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

When you get back, will you please let me know how you liked him?

Have a great cruise!

Archived