Non-Alcoholic Drinks?

Probably 10 years ago, my husband and I went on the Adventure of the Seas and he still is miffed about the lack of availability of (free) drinks while on the ship. He recalls tiny little cups at the buffet that constantly had to be refilled and it being nearly impossible to hunt down a drink after meal hours. :rolleyes:

We are looking to book a cruise in April and we've narrowed it down to RC and Carnival. I prefer RC, but he still can't get over the drink issue! :D So can anyone tell the their recent experiences onboard a RC ship as far as drinks go? We are happy with the free tea/juice/lemonade as long as they're easy to acquire and not too stingy about it.

And on the same topic...I see that you can now buy soda packages. Can anyone tell me how this works exactly? I read that they give you a Coke cup, so does that mean you have to tote it around to every meal you go to or just buffets or what? :confused:

Thanks!

you don't have to tote the cup around..your seapass card with the little sticker on it will get you fountain sodas at any bar...i believe the cost is about 7 bucks per day (this includes the 15% tip...).. Each soda is about 2.25 so unless you drink a lot of soda, it may not be worth it..

as for other stuff...you can get decent sized glasses of lemonade and iced tea in the windjammer for free whenever it is open. Juice (OJ, cranberry, etc) is only free at breakfast....the glasses are plastic, and probably 12 ounces or so......

getting something to drink outside of mealtimes is not the easiest thing to do...i usually bring something back with me...or buy a bottle or 2 of snapple or something in port (or bring it with me....)

We've never noticed "tiny" cups....but we aren't into the 'big gulp" size thing...regular 8-12 oz glasses are what we generally had.

Ice water is avail. almost anywhere...at every bar and eating venue (and, in your cabin

!!)

Probably 10 years ago, my husband and I went on the Adventure of the Seas and he still is miffed about the lack of availability of (free) drinks while on the ship. He recalls tiny little cups at the buffet that constantly had to be refilled and it being nearly impossible to hunt down a drink after meal hours. :rolleyes:

We are looking to book a cruise in April and we've narrowed it down to RC and Carnival. I prefer RC, but he still can't get over the drink issue! :D So can anyone tell the their recent experiences onboard a RC ship as far as drinks go? We are happy with the free tea/juice/lemonade as long as they're easy to acquire and not too stingy about it.

And on the same topic...I see that you can now buy soda packages. Can anyone tell me how this works exactly? I read that they give you a Coke cup, so does that mean you have to tote it around to every meal you go to or just buffets or what? :confused:

Thanks!

Not a problem to get included drinks at meal times and in the buffet area.

Juice is - besides for breakfast - never and nowhere free.

Ice water is available at all bars without a problem, I´m not quite sure if you can get lemonade / ice tea from the bars.

I really can´t comment on Carnival but other lines I´ve sailed on are about the same like RCI when it comes to included drinks and their availability. You can go on a cruise without spending a dime on drinks, but don´t expect the cruiseline to have waiters walk around with trays of included drinks;), they want to sell drinks. Fortunately my "free" drink of choice is icewater anyway and that´s easily to get everywhere.

Depending on which ship you book with Royal Caribbean, ice tea, water, and lemondade, and fruit flavored water is available in most dining venues. On Allure; they have juice machines; where u can refill your cup as much as you like. I drink ice tea; so I found that I could get ice tea from the machines in Solarium bistro, Windjammer, Promenade Cafe, Central Park Cafe, Johnny Rockets, and wipe out cafe. So no matter where I was on the ship I could always hit one of these spots to get refills. u can see by my thread; things have changed for the better regarding having more non alcoholic drinks available.

You can get the ice tea/lemonade most hours at least 2 places on the pool deck, cafe promenada (if you have one). I bring a BIG empty bottle with me. It has a screw on cap and a wide neck so I can fill it with ice cubes. It holds a lot. The bars will fill it with ice for free. Then I can take it into WJ and fill it with "flavored water" which is free & sugar free.

Archived