Ladies Only Cruise

marvholly

Hi Jane:) I know~I was sort of being a little sarcastic;) ...but not mean spirited:D

I don't even look for another person to sail with anymore. These 2 specific times it just sort of happened and both I and the other person felt like we knew each well enough to share a cabin.

Now, I just sailed last week on my own again~I gotta tell ya.......I like having my own cabin:)

Lois,

I know you were being sarcastic. I was just admiring that you took it in stride when the others cancelled and didn't let it spoil you plans.

I like sharing a cabin with DH, but if I were going on a cruise without him, I'd want my own cabin too!

A few years ago I spent a week in Paris with a close friend and we got seperate hotel rooms (right next to each other). It was the perfect thing to do. No negotiating who's showering first, television off/on issues, etc etc.

Jane

Thanks Jane:)

I must admit, I was disappointed because both times we were going to Bermuda. And I had to change itinerary because it was just too much $$$ for me to sail there solo.

I'm probably going to get static for this but I hate the name JUGS! They would be better to use their whole title "Just Us Girls" in my opinion. Oh well, nobody asked me so forget I said it, LOL!.

you're probably right...

actually, the website is www.just-us-girls.com

no matter what they call it, they all seemed to have a great time.

Sounds like a wonderful idea! I hope it works out for you all who are interested!! :D

I am sailing with over a dozen of my favorite gals pals in Oct w/o our guys on a CC group cruise. Actually, it's my bachelorette cruise!! :p We are all looking forward to our gal time together. We are all even going to MIA two days for pre-cruise fun. Can't wait! We are booked two to a cabin as well. Everyone knows everyone, so there shouldn't be any problems. And yes, some of the guys are having issues with their women being away for so long, but they'll get over it. :rolleyes: (No, my man isn't one of them!)

Happy sailing,

T.

Oh my gosh. I REALLY did think you meant a "ladies-ONLY" cruise. Like...If a cruiseship had a cruise for women only, would you go? People ask that question all the time about other type of specialty/theme cruises.

I swear that's how I read it! Maybe that's what happysinglemom thought too?

I'm sure tons of people would love to go on a cruise with other women.

But I doubt many would want to go on a cruise for ONLY women.

I'd love to go on a cruise with my girlfriends, but I'd never go on a cruise where there were no men on the ship - LOL!!!

Maybe that's where the confusion came in?? Just a thought...

melissa :)

That is EXACTLY what I thought she meant. I took "Ladies only" to be just that. As a single mom that has spent the last 6 years with only her child's activities for a social life, believe me, I have no desire to be on a boat with nothing but gals!!!!

I certainly understand the concept of "ladies night out" and so forth - indeed I participate in them, on occasion. But when applied to a cruise ship, I'd find it quite unappealing. :p Sorry I misunderstood!! :o

• 2 months later...
Hi Jane:) I know~I was sort of being a little sarcastic;) ...but not mean spirited:D

I don't even look for another person to sail with anymore. These 2 specific times it just sort of happened and both I and the other person felt like we knew each well enough to share a cabin.

Now, I just sailed last week on my own again~I gotta tell ya.......I like having my own cabin:)

Ladies, I agree with the many benefits of having one's own cabin. As much as I enjoy the company of my friends and family members, I really enjoy opening the door to my very own space.

If price were not an issue, I would always choose to have a private cabin.

I leave tomorrow, ladies, for eleven days in Europe, 7 on a cruise. Mom is coming with and has her own cabin and we have single rooms close to each other at our before and after hotels.

I will post when I return!

Ciao,

CG

Ladies:

This fell apart several months ago due to pricing resulting in lack of interest. Prices were no better than any of us could book ourselves on-line. I wish it had not as I REALLY need a vacation this fall/winter.

It was to be just a group of women and the discussion started on another board. I really do not have the time to be an organizer. I work FT, my father just moved & I have to get his condo ready to sell, my oldest is having a baby this summer and my youngest is getting married in the fall.

It takes a bunch of time and effort to gather a group, especially from all over the continent as we were and getting agreement on an itinerary was near impossible, especially after finding out pricing was about the same as any on-line TA offered.

Archived