Update Oases conceierge lounge 7/23

teajak

Gezzz..I know this isn't about the MDR. I was just saying since they don't enforce the dress code in the MDR then why do they enforce it for a lounge? It would seem to me they would care how people dress for dinner than sitting at a bar having a drink or snack.

OK-The CL at times can be packed-no seats, people leaning on walls and desks. Attire may not be issue one sometimes.;)

I''ve gone in with shorts. Not cut off jeans, flip flops and and a tank top. Dress shorts, nice matching top and a really nice pair of open toed shoes. No one said anything. My husband and I present ourselves neat and respectful. Actually, one night, I remember a gentleman, dressed to the nines but could go toe to toe with any truck stop regular as far as language. :eek:

Clothes does not make the person!!

But yes-pcur-if was asked to change, I would. :) I actually don't remember reading a 'no shorts' in the book left on the table on my last cruise but surely will look for the 'no shorts' next time!!:o I still had the actual letter from anoter cruise and it only stated that guest dress 'appropriately'. Said nothing about no shorts. This could be the real issue!!!

OK-The CL at times can be packed-no seats, people leaning on walls and desks. Attire may not be issue one sometimes.;)

I''ve gone in with shorts. Not cut off jeans, flip flops and and a tank top. Dress shorts, nice matching top and a really nice pair of open toed shoes. No one said anything. My husband and I present ourselves neat and respectful. Actually, one night, I remember a gentleman, dressed to the nines but could go toe to toe with any truck stop regular as far as language. :eek:

Clothes does not make the person!!

But yes-pcur-if was asked to change, I would. :) I actually don't remember reading a 'no shorts' in the book left on the table on my last cruise but surely will look for the 'no shorts' next time!!:o I still had the actual letter from anoter cruise and it only stated that guest dress 'appropriately'. Said nothing about no shorts. This could be the real issue!!!

The letter says,"Please no shorts in the concierge lounge after 5:00 P.M.Why is it so difficult to dress nicely from 5:00 to 8:30 and maintain a proper ambiance for the cocktail hour.If people don't care for this there are lots of other bars they can go to and pay for their drinks.:(

Personally I would never even think of wearing shorts, even if it was an option.

Some people just have the mentality that the rules don't apply to them. Love the justification attempts such as... yes but I had a nice pair of shorts on or I saw someone else with shorts on....and the, well even though they were dressed nice they had bad language... or well RCCL does not enforce their rules...somehow this justifies in their mind it makes them an exception to the rule... There is a term called scofflaw

Dictionary dot com definition-.

a person who flouts rules, conventions, or accepted practices.

This definitely seems to vary from ship to ship. This past April Carlos Ortiz on the Explorer had no problem telling two couples who were D+ and in Owner's Suites to go change when they came in the CL wearing shorts after five.
we sail the explorer and we go into the CL. i respect Carlos for following the rules. if all the concierges did that it would be great. even better, if all the CL guests followed the POSTED rules, the person in charge of the CL would not have to tell anyone. how hard is it to follow the POSTED rules????????????????

The letter says,"Please no shorts in the concierge lounge after 5:00 P.M.Why is it so difficult to dress nicely from 5:00 to 8:30 and maintain a proper ambiance for the cocktail hour.If people don't care for this there are lots of other bars they can go to and pay for their drinks.:(

Read and re-read mine and all it says is dress appropriately after 5:00. Again, this could be the problem as what is appropriate to one may not be to another.

Sorry-but I really have never gotten this fine drinking establishment feel from a RCCL cruise ship CL. It's a place where a suite guest or D+ passenger may come in for a complimentary drink. I've seen shorts galore. Men in shorts and sandals. Folks sitting in there from open to close drinking as much as they can. Pretty lit up by the time they leave.;) Sometimes, the ambiance is not all that some are making it out to be.

Granted-I have not sailed as much as most folks on this bb and are making observations from a few cruises. Maybe years ago folks dressed to the nines in the lounge but just does not seem to give off that 'air' to me.:confused: Maybe the few I have been on and 'casual' seemed the theme was not the norm. but that is the impression it has left me.

Trust me-I am the type to walk in someplace, look around and look at my husband and say-we are so underdressed-we gotta go!!!:D

I've seen shorts galore. Men in shorts and sandals.

Shorts galore?

Shorts and sandals?

This certainly is not my experience in the CL.

I also think the CL in the evening is something special and deserves a reasonable dress code. We're not talaking about tuxedos and evening gowns here. How hard is it to change from shorts into something a little more dressy?

Read and re-read mine and all it says is dress appropriately after 5:00. Again, this could be the problem as what is appropriate to one may not be to another.

Sorry-but I really have never gotten this fine drinking establishment feel from a RCCL cruise ship CL. It's a place where a suite guest or D+ passenger may come in for a complimentary drink.!!!:D

Judging by your short cruise history you also have not been on the Allure or Oasis. Having been on both I can assure you the CL is a fine establishment on these two ships and in no way can be compared to other RCCL ships. The thread was started about Oasis.

Teajak,

I was searching for info on accessible cabins specifically 1522, solstice class and came across an old post of yours. I have only one question. Could 2 full size scooters fit in the room?

My apologies to all about interrupting this thread.

Thank you.

Judging by your short cruise history you also have not been on the Allure or Oasis. Having been on both I can assure you the CL is a fine establishment on these two ships and in no way can be compared to other RCCL ships. The thread was started about Oasis.

Yes, why I stated my short list of cruises.

Many others started chiming in on other ships so that's why I thought i'd chime too!!!:o

Correct-have never been on Oasis or Allure so maybe these ships have a different 'feel' in the CL in the evening.

Personal experience-yes, I've seen shorts galore. Yes, my Serenade cruise had so many stuffed in the lounge that folks were sitting in the Yacht club area and servers were going out there. No dress code at all out the 'hall' and the ambiance was those of folks just having a good time.

Teajak,

I was searching for info on accessible cabins specifically 1522, solstice class and came across an old post of yours. I have only one question. Could 2 full size scooters fit in the room?

My apologies to all about interrupting this thread.

Thank you.

Yes they could.Take up a lot of room but doable.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Are children not allowed in the concierge lounge anytime or just after a certain time? I'm confused, because if I am paying a normal concierge rate for a child they will not be able to receive the full concierge benefits too?

Since our Allure cruise will be the first time I have experience concierge on a RCCL cruise please explain to me the system...

Are children not allowed in the concierge lounge anytime or just after a certain time? I'm confused, because if I am paying a normal concierge rate for a child they will not be able to receive the full concierge benefits too?

Since our Allure cruise will be the first time I have experience concierge on a RCCL cruise please explain to me the system...

Children are not allowed in the CL after 5pm or it might start at 4:30 depending on what ship you are on. They are allowed in the CL during the day with you or a parent. If you are on the Oasis or Allure, your children can go in with you for the wonderful breakfast and lunch time.

Children are not allowed in the CL after 5pm or it might start at 4:30 depending on what ship you are on. They are allowed in the CL during the day with you or a parent. If you are on the Oasis or Allure, your children can go in with you for the wonderful breakfast and lunch time.

Thanks, that is what I needed to know. My son will be 15 months old when we are on the Allure, so leaving him in our room is not an option while we go to CL. I guess my husband and I will have to go take turns during the evening cocktail hour and take snacks back to the room for our son.

Archived