LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Just found the new post because Gay posted something about our 3 Manchester guys on the other LOST thread. I didn't realize the thread moved. This is the 3rd thread to have closed that I am involved in. I found all 3 but I almost missed finding this one.

Please keep us posted on what is going on in England. I will be checking back in later tonight.

Darlene

Glad to hear you found all your other threads.:)

Hello to all the members of the L O S T cruise. Looking forward to seeing all those we have cruised with before and those we have met on the other roll call for more than a year.

Larry

10 weeks from tomorrow we leave for London.....boy that sounds so close....after Vegas and the Reception next week I can then concentrate on this cruise...

looking forward to meeting everyone and having a lot of fun times together. I wonder if they have a NC on the ship....:D

Matthew

A Bar in Canal Street :D with a lock in :) Peter glad you Guys are safe.

When they catch these mindless Morons they should have THUG tattoed on their foreheads :) but then that would upset the do gooders.

Mhairi

I pass Perth a lot, my late Partner was a Dundonian and his family are in Broughty and Forfar.

Good morning all. We went out to see the Harry Potter film last night and I missed all the 'excitement' on here. So pleased to read that you got home safely Matt, we will all look forward to hearing your story first hand on the ship. We could ask them to lock us into a bar to make it authentic. ;)

Our son works in Salford and apparently John heard that it was being hit before we went out but didn't tell me as he knew I would worry. As it happens I texted him while waiting for the movie and he replied from home, so he was fine.

On the news this morning they are showing hundreds of people who turned up yesterday to help clean up after the riots of Monday night. A Twitter and FB campaign to take back their communities shows that the huge bulk of people abhor what is going on.

I pray that is all over very soon, the coverage around the world will not help this country as we need our tourists to keep coming.

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

Good Morning all, very sad day here in Manchester with all the devastation thanks to the mindless thugs and youths who live here.

A friend of mine has suffered the complete loss of one of his shops, and 2 others wrecked. His staff are very scared and frightened.

I can't even watch the TV News at the moment because it is full of 'do gooders' saying what should be done for these poor youths and making excuses for their actions. There is no excuse for their actions. I don't have a job but I'm as sure as heck not going to vandalise a store so that I can get a flat screen TV, iPod, mobile phone or new trainers which is what these scum are saying because they don't have enough money. If they don't have enough money how come they can contact each other and arrange these 'riots' via Blackberry?

Sorry rant over, just needed to vent and explain why thoughts are not solely on this cruise!

Edited by peteukmcr

Matthew

When they catch these mindless Morons they should have THUG tattoed on their foreheads :) but then that would upset the do gooders.

Mhairi

I pass Perth a lot, my late Partner was a Dundonian and his family are in Broughty and Forfar.

I like staying in Perth, I'm orginally from Greenock and Tam is originally Dundee (West v the East) and this leads to quite a bit of banter between us - good natured, mostly.

Really pleased that Matthew got home safely. Lets hope this has been a one off for Manchester. (I just love Manchester!!)

Matthew

George at first me and Andy thought all our Christmas had come at once locked in the club under the bar with all the cute (very cute) bar boys (average age 18-25) me, Andy and Matt the owner were the oldest however, the novelty did where off when they started on View next door but we did have a plan if they started on crunch Eagle was going to open there fire exit and we could go in there imagine the twinks in Eagle as if they hadn't had enough to deal with but it would have been fun anyway it didn't come to that the police (GMP done an amazing job in very difficult circumstances they should be very proud of themselves just a shame they don't have the power to do what should really be done) but they cleared all the streets and made pathways for us all to get out. Thank Goodness it wasn't Tranny night now that would have been funny :D

Good morning all. We went out to see the Harry Potter film last night and I missed all the 'excitement' on here. So pleased to read that you got home safely Matt, we will all look forward to hearing your story first hand on the ship. We could ask them to lock us into a bar to make it authentic. ;)

Our son works in Salford and apparently John heard that it was being hit before we went out but didn't tell me as he knew I would worry. As it happens I texted him while waiting for the movie and he replied from home, so he was fine.

On the news this morning they are showing hundreds of people who turned up yesterday to help clean up after the riots of Monday night. A Twitter and FB campaign to take back their communities shows that the huge bulk of people abhor what is going on.

I pray that is all over very soon, the coverage around the world will not help this country as we need our tourists to keep coming.

Corinne

Corinne Andy got a phone call about 5 this morning to say he could go home and he's in Salford near the precinct he said it looked like any normal night in Salford LOL but joking aside it looks a bit worse for where but doesn't look like anyone was injured and that's the main thing as we said buildings can be rebuilt and shops restocked but obv people can't be. Whats really annoying all the rebuilds, policing, fire, Ambulance is at a cost to the British tax payer and what's the betting none of these THUGS (and most of there parents) have never paid tax in there life if they had to go out and work like the people who were caught up in it they would be at home preparing for the next days WORK instead they go out Vandalising all night and sleep all day while we sort out there mess. Anyway get of my soap box now.

Hope everyone has a good day and I will be going home straight from here today :D

Edited by mancmatt26

MATTHEW.....Only YOU would find yourself locked in a bar during a riot. To all my Manchester friends.....just stay out of harm's way. It's heartbreaking to see all this chaos.

'Morning/afternoon everyone. Let's have some GOOD news for a change??

Matthew, Petah, Patrick and Andy, glad you are all safe. Matthew, nothing like being upbeat about such a bad situation, and only you could find yourself in such a place at such a time. The question is, do you have to go to the NC with Andy in tow? Be careful when you go out and about

I agree we need some good news today. Anyone???

Here's one.... we all woke up this morning. Yeah good news!!!

I am getting nutty, I need a cruise. So on that note....

Until the Liberty sails with the LOST group.

80 bottles of everything on the wall.

Have a great day,

Joyce

Good Morning all and thanks for all your thoughts. all I can say is I have never seen a bar on Canal street so busy on a Tuesday night I only went to meet Andy on my way home from work then we couldn't leave! However, I have often wondered what it would be like to be forced to stay in a bar (another one of my bucket list LOL) and it was good till they started on the bar next door and because we were in the nightclub below we could hear everything but thankfully GMP (Greater Manchester Police) and the bar staff & owner was great they got us all out and made sure we got home ok but we was down there for 5 hrs personally could think of worse ways to spend 5 hrs in a bar with boys,beer and free crisp LOL (and very cute boys at that) ;);) Andy can't get home as he lives in Salford (across the ship canal from me) so he's got to stay here as it's shut down but at least we safe thats the main thing :) I sooooo need a holiday after tonight only 80 days to go :D:D
OH Matthew, so glad your safe and sound!

10 weeks from tomorrow we leave for London.....boy that sounds so close....after Vegas and the Reception next week I can then concentrate on this cruise...

looking forward to meeting everyone and having a lot of fun times together. I wonder if they have a NC on the ship....:D

OH we'll have a NC on the ship!!!!!

Morning/Afternoon All.............

HOPE everyone has a GREAT DAY................stay safe!

Good morning and so happy to know Mathew and everyone are safe.

Sandy, I just did a virtual Tour of the LOS, and I couldn't see where the NC might be located.:D

Joyce, Larry said to me yesterday, if I am not sitting at my computer logging information I might go thru withdrawals, I told him No Way, I need this cruise badly right now to relax and have fun with everyone. :)

Gay

Have a great day,

Joyce

LOL so funny Joyce because a lot of stores here no longer have 80 bottles of anything on the wall thanks to the looters! Good to know the number of days is getting smaller!

Glad to hear that all our guys in England are home and safe in all the mess. Really a shame that all this is going on. It is not good for the upcoming Olympics for sure.

As for a NC on the ship, I'm sure one of the bars will suffice!

Have a great day,

Joyce

JOYCE, you made me LOL with that!!

Sandy, I just did a virtual Tour of the LOS, and I couldn't see where the NC might be located.:D

Joyce, Larry said to me yesterday, if I am not sitting at my computer logging information I might go thru withdrawals, I told him No Way, I need this cruise badly right now to relax and have fun with everyone. :)

Gay

Gay, you will not have time to go through withdrawal--you'll be too busy having a blast.

David and I are flying to Europe TWO MONTHS from TODAY!! Yikes.....:eek:

Everybody have a SAFE and HAPPY day!

Ok fed up with the weather,riots,money markets :o

BOOKED A CRUISE :D On the Vision 16th Sept Istanbul - Holy Land 10 nights

Flying Manchester via Zurich to Istanbul with Swiss, got business class for £400/$600 and the cruise for £600/$900 with the single supp. :D never done an inside cabin before so this will be an experience, the two guys from London Colin and Ken who are doing the Liberty with us are also on this cruise.

Gay

GAY when we all get on..............trust me there will be a NC!!! ;)

Ok fed up with the weather,riots,money markets :o

BOOKED A CRUISE :D On the Vision 16th Sept Istanbul - Holy Land 10 nights

Flying Manchester via Zurich to Istanbul with Swiss, got business class for £400/$600 and the cruise for £600/$900 with the single supp. :D never done an inside cabin before so this will be an experience, the two guys from London Colin and Ken who are doing the Liberty with us are also on this cruise.

George congratulations on the Vision booking keep an eye out for Anthony Doyle the F&B Manager from Liverpool ;);)

Hi all, just getting around to catching up. Been so busy with summer activities.

Need to get serious about this cruise, FP due next week. Also sign up for activities and excursions.

Probably safe to say the whole ship will be the NC.

George, great booking. And Matthew has found some company for you:D.

Glad to hear all of you are safe and sound in London and Manchester. So sad these idiots are hurting people and damaging so much property. Sick, sick, sick....

No OBC for us - we don't book enough cruises or use a TA, but we do get the balcony discount:).