LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Well done on arranging the excursions George.

As for a tribute being boring, mmm, a few sherrys, the gentle movement of the ship, I don't think so :D Elton's got his hands full at the moment with the new baby!

OMG, and BTW I was referring to 'sherrys' as in beverage, nothing personally Sherry! In gay parlance, 'sherry' is a reference to an alcoholic drink - honest! I'm not suggesting the gay boys are monopolising Sherry at all!

Karen I keep telling our friends who are visiting us Oct 3, that dressing for Palm Springs, then the Tram will be difficult, they will have 90 degree weather then ride the Tram to 8516 feet & 55 degrees. Need shorts and in a few minutes need long pants and a jacket. LOL

John and I had a wonderful visit with Mike, then Bill stopped by briefly as family was still down, everyone will enjoy meeting them both.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I have been to five Elton Concerts :) the last on the 10th June in Glasgow his year, will a tribute be boring ?? :rolleyes:

Booked our tours in Israel today.

Nazareth, Cana and Galilee then two days later Jerusalem & Bethlehem both these trips are 10 hours.

George....You will have very long days touring, but it will be worth it. Israel was the first overseas trip David and I did for our 20th anniversary (many, many years ago....;)) and it was wonderful.

Peter......Congrats on 4,000 on the other RC.....:)

Love Elton John, I have seen him 3 times, the first time 1977:eek:

Love the jokes, both made me laugh.

Peter, Congratulations on making the 4000 post.

Looking forward this week, I am on vacation. Leaving Wednesday for Chicago and spending a week with some girlfriends. My one friend has a fundraiser for breast cancer on Saturday, so will be busy the first couple of days. On Sunday will get to see some friends and Monday it is the Spa and shopping.

Good morning all! Finally caught up on all the posts posted whilst I was away.

Sherry - wonderful news about Kyle - miracles do happen so we should never lose hope......

Watched the riots on TV whilst we were away - was hard to believe this was happening in the UK. I firmly believe we should punish these guys and not pander to them. We should use water cannons with indelible dye mixed in, so they will not escape notice.

Karen - well done on reaching WW goal - you must feel really delighted.

Mike - welcome back to the roll call - thanks for letting us join in! We are Marilyn & Geoffrey from Glasgow in Scotland and we are looking forward to our first Freedom class cruise, although this will be our 4th TA

George - delighted that you are joining us on the Vision! Will ring you when we get back to Glasgow........

Good morning all! Finally caught up on all the posts posted whilst I was away.

Sherry - wonderful news about Kyle - miracles do happen so we should never lose hope......

Watched the riots on TV whilst we were away - was hard to believe this was happening in the UK. I firmly believe we should punish these guys and not pander to them. We should use water cannons with indelible dye mixed in, so they will not escape notice.

Karen - well done on reaching WW goal - you must feel really delighted.

Mike - welcome back to the roll call - thanks for letting us join in! We are Marilyn & Geoffrey from Glasgow in Scotland and we are looking forward to our first Freedom class cruise, although this will be our 4th TA

George - delighted that you are joining us on the Vision! Will ring you when we get back to Glasgow........

Marilyn welcome back glad you had a great time with the family and cruising the Fjords I'm looking at heading back that way when 2013 come on sale :D would love to do it next year but work keeps getting in the way LOL

Just hoppin in to say hi and thank goodness all those crazies over the pond seem to have calmed down. Phew! was really worried about you all, especially Matthew locked in a BAR!

George, the picture of You and Alan on your Wedding Day is so beautiful. it brought tears to my eyes. What joy iin both your eyes. You are a lucky man to have found such a love.

Everyone, be well and safe. Missing talking to all of you

I was only away for a little over 24 hours and the main RC had over 100 posts! You folks here are much easier to keep up with.

SHERRY

I have been thinking of you getting ready for the big day tomorrow. If you get the chance to be on here I do hope you have a wonderful time and that all goes well. Enjoy it!

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

It has been mentioned that the day we are in Cadiz (Nov 1st) is 'All Saints Day' and so is a public holiday in the whole of Spain.

I have done a quick search on the net and found the following:

According to a particular travel guide, the following has been posted about Nov 1st, 'All Saints Day' in Spain.

Which is the Most Interesting Spanish City to be in During All Saints' Day?

The most interesting city to be in for All Saints' Day is Cadiz. All Saints' Day in Cadiz is a little different: known as 'Tosantos', the Gaditanos (locals of Cadiz) do wacky things like dress up rabbits and suckling pigs in the market, as well as making dolls out of fruit. The whole region gets involved and the festivities last all week.

The same guide did say:- 'Note that all shops will be closed on All Saints' Day in Spain'

John's idea of heaven. All shops closed. LOL

While we have been to the Costa del Sol often we have never been to Cadiz and were looking forward to seeing the town. Now it seems there will be a Fiesta, so I am glad we are not planning on the Seville trip.

Corinne

John's idea of heaven. All shops closed. LOL

While we have been to the Costa del Sol often we have never been to Cadiz and were looking forward to seeing the town. Now it seems there will be a Fiesta, so I am glad we are not planning on the Seville trip.

Corinne

Hi Corinne, that's exactly our thoughts too and were always looking forward to seeing the town. Patrick's first comment was that it will stop me spending money in the shops too seeing they will be closed!:D

Early on we determined that the horse show in Jerez is still performing on All Saints Day. I know the ship has a tour there. If you'd rather have weather proof plans for the day, you might consider this. The horses are amazing. Think jumping with four feet off the ground in unison. The show ring is a nice covered arena.

Donna

MIKE: Welcome back. We are both jumping back in. Still need to meet before this thing seeing that we now only live a few blocks from each other.

GEORGE: great photo. Mark and I have been living in sin for almost 25 years. Someday California will wake up.

GAY and MIKE: haven't been to PS since I was a young lad and my great aunt had a home in Palm Desert. So many things still to do in life. We have a weekend house just south of Yosemite and were there this last weekend. Just hit 99. Almost forgot how warm that is after 5 months of being at the beach.

PETER: My current project at work is designing a huge indoor waterpark resort near Disneyland. If you are ever out this way, we will go. Some amazing rides.

Now, as to that disco. I did spend some months being a real DJ at a little gay club back in the early 80's:D

Barb, have a good vacation and a safe trip.

Beej, always nice to see you 'hop on over' to say hello.

Karen, thank you I will, it is always fun to hang out with girlfriends. We just talk & laugh & laugh & laugh and of course more talking.:eek: This why our husbands do not want to join us:D

Hi all, been away a few days, thankfully y'all have been maintaining a more normal posting pace than the other thread. Enjoyed a long weekend in San Diego, specifically Pacific Beach. Long time friends live there. Corinne, see you have relatives in Pacific Beach - small world, eh?

Welcome back Mike and Bill, Paul and Mark, hope to see you post more now that we are closer to heading across the pond.

Welcome back Marilyn, glad to hear you had a wonderful time.

Hi beej!!

Peter, congrats on hitting #4,000 on the L.O.S.T., part 2 board:).

Barb, safe travels to Chitown and enjoy the gabfest!

We used to travel to Palm Springs for Memorial and Labor Day weekends when in college many moons ago. Parents of our friends in San Diego had a townhouse near Rancho Mirage on a golf course, would use the place while the weather was hot and before it was rented out to snowbirds during the winter months. Lots of pools in the complex, and some great bars in dwntn PS.

Just checked my reservation and we are now MTD - were wait listed but apparently our request to change was made. We want to give this a try.

Anyone wanting some company in the dining room?? We aren't traveling with anyone, so we are open to dining with new friends.

We will also make ressies for Chops and Portofinos as we have not dined in either of these venues before. Just not sure what night to try them. I imagine the MDR menu will affect which nights we will want to try the spec restaurants. Any thoughts???

Thanks.

Afternoon all, for those who haven't been to Palm Springs (PS) in the past 10 + years, our biggest growth has been down Valley as they say. The downtown has taken a hit and many well known stores closed up, but it is trying to come back, latest project and will see how that works out is redoing the Fashion Plaza in the center of town. A brand new Control Tower is being built. Our annual Festival of Lights Parade ( Christmas) is one of the largest events, with well over 80,000 lining the 2.5 miles of Palm Canyon drive and of course our Gay Pride Parade.:). I have to be careful not to stroll Palm Canyon with my name being Gay.:D

Gay

Oh Gay......It is trully a FUN GAY TOWN......That's why we love it. Forgot to mention all of the fun resturants and lots of bars.....and everyone who lives there are so Nice. We have had our weekend home out there for 11 years now and will one day retire out in the desert. The best thing......You just can not beat the weather.....even this summer...it has been unusally Cool....For the desert. We have had our windows open at night and in the early mornings...so unusal for August. But always looking forward to Fall.....Summer is Summer...It's Hot! :)

To the boyz....

Have you been to any of these ports we are going to and are there any bars we can go to that are close to the ship and have a drink in?

Bill and I always try to stop in a bar in the ports we are in just to see how different they are to the bars that we frequent.

Thanks

Mike