Caribbean Princess - View of Statue of Liberty

mysticdream

I will be going on the Canada/New England cruise and was wondering if I will get a good view of the Statue of Liberty from an Aft cabin. If not, where is the best place on board to see the Statue of Liberty during sail away.

Thanks

Statue of Liberty will be on the right side leaving and all day before you leave. Port is very close to it.

I will be going on the Canada/New England cruise and was wondering if I will get a good view of the Statue of Liberty from an Aft cabin. If not, where is the best place on board to see the Statue of Liberty during sail away.

Thanks

I don't know about an aft cabin but would think it would be great. Sailing from NY it's on the starboard (right) side & on the port (left) side returning.

I will probably annoy several people, but I have to say that I was not impressed by the view of the Statue of Liberty on our cruise. We were on one of the upper decks, and it looked quite tiny.

It would probably be much more impressive, if viewed from a small launch.

john

One of the best place to view the Statue when you leave the port is on the open deck above the bridge accessible from Deck 15 forward. It can be quite windy, but it is a great place to be when you leave port.

when returning to port the cruise, in the morning. The air is much cleaner and less humidity, so the heavy haze has not formed. It can often be all but obscured by haze, and as others have said, its off in the distance on the Starboard side as you sail away.

You definitely sail past it, although not quit as close as sailing out of the Manhattan pier. It was my first trip to NYC when we sailed and I was a little surprised by how small the statue was compared to NYC, but still impressive. There is a section on the video link below to our sail away and the Statue of Liberty is in the video.

Tim

I would certainly suggest to be on one of the upper open air decks, at least Lido...not only do you get a view of Lady Liberty, but you are that much closer when you go under the Verannzano (although now thinking about it I am not certain you go that way for a canada cruise.

A map is worth a thousand words...

http://nyharborwebcam.com/

Below the cam is a Google Earth map of NY harbor. Overlaid by AIS ship movements. Go to the upper right of the picture and change the view from Satellite to Map. Zoom in until you can read the names of places. the pier is across from Governor's Island, just above Louis Valentino Jr Park. The ship docks facing west, so she doesn't have to turn on leaving. Moving west on the map, you will see Ellis Island. the unidentified island below it is Liberty Island. If you now change back to the satellite view, you can see the dot for the statue. So you can see, when the ship sails out and turns immediately south, you will not be sailing anywhere near the statue, and any view from an aft cabin will not appear until you are well away from the statue. EM

When we boarded CB, it was our first visit to NYC. We also wanted to know about viewing Lady Liberty. I think I know how you feel.

Be assured, once you go to the upper decks, any time while you are in port you will get a fantastic view of the Statue. What surprised me was how close to her Caribbean Princess is. I can't think of a better view of the Statue than on CB prior to departure. Only place better might be on the island that houses her, and even there you may be too close.

Yau can't miss her, in all her GLORY

Archived