Round trip Monte Carlo- where to stay pre & post cruise?

lstewart123

We're flying in and out of Nice, and I'm trying to figure out where to stay both pre- and post- cruise. We'll be flying in the day before our cruise departs, and the cruise doesn't depart until 11 p.m. I don't know what time boarding will be, but I'm guessing pretty late? So, would it be better to go directly to Monte Carlo, spend the night & following day (& following early evening) there, and then stay in Nice for a day & night after the cruise is over, or should we do it the other way around? I've never been to the area, so I'm not sure what makes the most sense. Is Monte Carlo the best place to start because of having such a late take off time for the cruise, that way, the hotel could have our luggage all day? Let me add that at the end of the cruise, sightseeing may not be the biggest item on our list. I'm thinking we'd rather relax, check into a nice hotel, maybe get a massage and have a nice last romantic dinner before we depart the next morning.

The Fairmont is lovely but was undergoing some construction last time we were there. We stayed at Le Meridian, an Ocean View with a Balcony. It has it's own Private Beach...LOVED IT and it was actually quite reasonable off season.

Archived