Cat. C3 on Constellation or Cat. 8 on Silhouette?

Tapi

Hi!

We've never been on Celebrity and I'm currently pricing out similar itineraries on the Constellation and Silhouette. The cost of a cat. C3 on the Constellation is the same as the price of a cat. 8 on the Silhouette.

Part of me wants to enjoy the perks of a Concierge class stateroom, including the balcony, but part of me wants to enjoy the added ammenities of sailing on a larger, newer Solstice class ship.

Which option would you select, and why?

P.S. We don't want to pay more than what we are budgeting, so I don't wish to consider a higher category on the Silhouette...:)

Hi,:) so basically you are looking at a window on the brand new ship,

correct? As opposed to Constellation with a balcony? Just an FYI,

Constellation recently had a major drydock and has a lot of new

"S Class" venues on her now and she has a very loyal following and

would be a good choice....but then again, a brand new ship?:D....

Hard decision for sure. I suppose part of it would be dependent on

how important is the balcony to you? If it is not a deal breaker and

you want to go on a brand new ship? Pick Sihlouette....;)

I know I am not helping much! You can't go wrong with either ship

though:)

Depends on the itinerary, I'd say. If I went cruising in the Carribean, I wouldn't want to do it without a balcony. Doing the transatlantic northern route in late November you possibly won't have breakfast on your balcony anyway :D . I'd also watch for price drops, especially if you're on a budget. So perhaps you'll be able to upgrade to a balcony room for a few $ only or get a good deal like Celebrity is offering at the moment for Med or Carribbean cruises.

The Constellation is a wonderful ship, though and I'm curious myself which of the ships (M-class vs. Solstice class) we'll like better. In a few months I'll know...

Hi!

We've never been on Celebrity and I'm currently pricing out similar itineraries on the Constellation and Silhouette. The cost of a cat. C3 on the Constellation is the same as the price of a cat. 8 on the Silhouette.

Part of me wants to enjoy the perks of a Concierge class stateroom, including the balcony, but part of me wants to enjoy the added ammenities of sailing on a larger, newer Solstice class ship.

P.S. We don't want to pay more than what we are budgeting, so I don't wish to consider a higher category on the Silhouette...:)

I'd take the balcony on the Connie any day (assuming you like the itinerary). You'll get more storage in the cabin than on the Silhouette. I personally prefer a smaller ship as opposed to a larger ship. The Connie has been updated with many S Class amenities. And the upgrade occurred after the Solstice had been in service for a while, so in some ways, you're getting a newer ship on the Connie. You'll also get an extra cruise credit for sailing in a concierge class cabin.

The Connie is my favorite Celebrity ship. Her crew is wonderful! I found the crew on the Eclipse to be rather cold and indifferent.

I'm hoping for that new ship smell, as we booked the Silhouette well over a year ago at a pre construction price, got a balcony, OBC, and are paying less than an inside on Connie now. But we hope to have our cake and eat it too, as we are looking at the Connie for a future cruise. We love the longer cruises. Good luck with your decision!!!!!!!!!:)

Are the cruises the same length? I'd give the longer one a huge edge if the veranda doesn't make a big difference to you.

Also, if they are the same length and similar itinerary then are you looking at the Silhouette out of NY & Connie out of FLL? Or are these not Caribbean cruises. Unless you are close to the NY/NJ area I'd pick the cruise out of Florida to the Caribbean. The first day or two out of the NY/NJ area in the late fall or winter are much more likely to be so so weather and sea conditions. Out of Florida there is a good change it will already be warm in port and you'll be in the Caribbean by the next day.

Then comes the stateroom. All other things being equal I'd take the Constellation veranda before the Silhouette outside cabin. The CC class is a little less meaningful, in fact if the price difference between C3 and a standard veranda is big enough I'd take the standard veranda if I was traveling on a budget. Your dollars would be better served being spent on beverages, specialty dining, or shore excursions in my opinion. CC is a nice upgrade but not worth tons of money if it means you'd have to limit your spending on other areas.

Finally comes the ship itself. I do love the Constellation. We've sailed the Connie at least 5 times (6 if you count a b2b cruise as 2) and we'd sail on her again. But as well maintained as the Connie is she is still around 9 years old and the Silhouette isn't 9 weeks old yet. The Silhouette will have some newer features although there are many I'd miss from the Constellation if I chose the Silhouette. If it were me I'd pick the Silhouette just because I have sailed the Connie many times - always fun trying something new. While the Connie is very well maintained there will be some areas where you'll notice her age. These won't bother most cruisers, including myself, but some people really get bothered by some older deck furniture or an area which is next in line to be painted. etc. If such things would bother you then definitely stick with the newer ship.

Well, I haven't made a solid recommendation but those are the areas I'd consider if I was making the choice. Also, I've listed my considerations in order of importance to me.

I'd book them both and go with Silhouette if you got enough of a price drop before final payment to get a balcony, and Constellation otherwise.

The veranda is more important to me than the ship and Constellation is a great ship with the upgraded Solstice class venues so she still has pretty much everything I'd want. We spend tons of time on the balcony so we really want one especially in the Caribbean.

Hi!

I've been on the Connie since the drydock. We did a southern Caribbean cruise on Connie in Jan/Feb. Connie has a big following, they can have her. I would go with the Silhouette. Richard

Archived