Question about suite amenities

bakery

I was looking at the list of amenities that come with a suite, and one of the items mentioned is "Personal Shore Excursion reservations". Does anyone know what that is?

As many suites as we have sailed in, I still have never quite figured that one out. :confused::confused:

I am going to take a wild guess here that the shore excursion desk has no idea what it means either. lol

I've never figured it out either. When I call and say I want to talk with whoever is in charge of the Personal Shore Excursion reservations for suites, they say,"you must come down to the desk". One time I said "but there is a huge line and I thought this was a suite perk" and again they said "you must come down".

I don't bother asking anymore.

Bob, if memory serves me correctly here (the Princess website is down right now and can't double check my dates on previous sailings). The last time we had a butler was back in 1998, and I think they did away with them a year, give or take a few months, later.

Pia;

How long ago did princess get rid of butlers.....?

Bob

Bob, if memory serves me correctly here (the Princess website is down right now and can't double check my dates on previous sailings). The last time we had a butler was back in 1998, and I think they did away with them a year, give or take a few months, later.

We had a butler on the Grand transatlantic in 2001. I believe they were gone shortly thereafter. I considered it a hindrance, not a benefit.

Thanks Pia, since I couldn't pull up the date I wasn't totally sure how long the butler lasted. I remember that is how they were advertising the Grand Princess, and it's suite and mini suite amenities.

We loved having that butler.............it was a great service. And the tip given to him was well worth every penny to us.

We had a few mix ups on that sailing, and we didn't lift a finger, the butler took care of it all for us. He delivered our room service (at that time we had full room service even in mini suites, as well as all other categories).

It was a shame IMHO when they removed the butlers from the suites. But from what we were told, those that received upgrades didn't want to have to tip them and resented the fact that it was expected (which kind of shocked the heck out of me).:eek: I always thought maybe some day they would bring back the butlers, at least for the full suites, but it didn't happen. :(

Archived