Opportunity to move from balcony to a suite

TakeMeAway1001

I currently have a balcony located on the Lido deck (my favorite deck) but have the chance to move to a suite on the Empress deck same exact location for $193 total...thoughts? I have never had a suite before, I have to move fast so does anyone have any insight on this suite?

Thats a pretty cheap upgrade and if you have been curious about the suite, now sounds like a good time to try it out without paying a arm and a leg.

I thought the 193 was great but I think I was caught off guard when he said the thing about the gratuities which brought it up to 353, do you think it would be worth it at that price?

I thought the 193 was great but I think I was caught off guard when he said the thing about the gratuities which brought it up to 353, do you think it would be worth it at that price?

Maybe I'm thick-headed on this and we've never done pre-paid gratuities but why would the $160 for gratuities be a factor just because you were upgrading to a suite? Aren't the gratuities the same regardless of cabin? :confused:

Tips are separate, not a part of the actual price I paid for the balcony. Say I paid 1500 for the balcony and 160 for my tips and the suite is 1800 I can't factor in the tips to the difference between the two, I would have to pay the 300. Hope that helps :)

I apologize in my original post I asked if anyone had any insight on "this suite" but meant to ask if anyone had any thoughts on changing to a suite. Thanks for the replies :)

Tips are separate, not a part of the actual price I paid for the balcony. Say I paid 1500 for the balcony and 160 for my tips and the suite is 1800 I can't factor in the tips to the difference between the two, I would have to pay the 300. Hope that helps :)

OK, so really the price difference is $300 ($1800-$1500) in your example which I assume is similar to what is really being offered by CCL.

If you can afford it I would say GO GET IT! For your sailing the Ocean Suite for 2 cost $2458.00 and the Grand Suites are $3458.00 (without fees). You said it would be $1800.00 total so I would say this is a great chance to stay in a suite at a low cost JMO.

If you can afford it I would say GO GET IT! For your sailing the Ocean Suite for 2 cost $2458.00 and the Grand Suites are $3458.00 (without fees). You said it would be $1800.00 total so I would say this is a great chance to stay in a suite at a low cost JMO.

Those amounts were just random picks, not actual amounts but I am leaning towards calling my PVP back.

Maybe I'm thick-headed on this and we've never done pre-paid gratuities but why would the $160 for gratuities be a factor just because you were upgrading to a suite? Aren't the gratuities the same regardless of cabin? :confused:

My thoughts too! Can't see where the gratuities come into play :confused:. You have to pay that regardless. Yep, it would only be an extra $193 :rolleyes:.

I would upgrade to a suite if they offered it to me for $300.

Thanks, I am contemplating calling my PVP back since I keep thinking how surprised DH would be.

These are the suites available.... Freedom 7267/7269/7270/7330 any better choice? I was thinking 7330

I apologize in my original post I asked if anyone had any insight on "this suite" but meant to ask if anyone had any thoughts on changing to a suite. Thanks for the replies :)

Gotcha :)

Those amounts were just random picks, not actual amounts but I am leaning towards calling my PVP back.

I would call them back but keep in mind the ACTUAL costs of the suites for your cruise..this would be the deciding factor for me. I'm not sure what you mean by "random picks" but it wouldn't hurt to call them regardless.

the jacuzzi tub in the suite, is very short, I could not straighten my legs out all the way and lend back and relax!!! but i sure enjoyed the suite, could not believe how much room we had. I would go for it if the price offered was $300 more.

Sorry it was the Freedom, however after talking with them I realized they didn't take into account that I had prepaid my tips so it would have been the 193 plus the 160 so I passed. I got all excited for nothing ;)

But wouldn't you have to pay the 160 for times either way, so how is that more??

You were most likely offered a Jr. Suite.

They are 275 Sq. Ft. vs a Balcony which is

185 Sq. Ft. Plus the bathroom has a double sink

with a seperate vanity room with a 4 x 4, ft mirror.

Trust me that 100 Sq. Ft. extra makes

a huge difference.

These suites normally go for about $2,300.

Just remember once you have one, you can

never go back to any other type of cabin.

Also this cabin comes vith VIP Boarding and check

in at the terminal. They also have a VIP section in the

terminal while you wait to board.!!!

Thanks, I am contemplating calling my PVP back since I keep thinking how surprised DH would be.

These are the suites available.... Freedom 7267/7269/7270/7330 any better choice? I was thinking 7330

For $353 more, I would definitely go for it.

As to which cabin, it looks like 7267 and 7269 do not open directly into a cross hallway so I would go with one of those, even though they are a little farther forward on the ship than 7330.

I stayed in cabin #7272, was a great location.

Go for it!!!

For $353 more, I would definitely go for it.

As to which cabin, it looks like 7267 and 7269 do not open directly into a cross hallway so I would go with one of those, even though they are a little farther forward on the ship than 7330.

I took an upgrade for an Ocean Suite on my last cruise. (Valor july 3 -10).

The price was 200$ pp, 600$ for my family.

The room is really nice, extra space, seating room, etc. but not worth 600$ for us. Glad we did the experience.

600$ goes a long way as far of excursions, etc. Next time i will keep my 600$ for that.

Archived