Help! Family Ocien View Suite or Royal Family Suite?

I have 5-6 in my party myself, my husband, 3 kids 13-16 and 1 niece 21(possibly). We are going on the Liberty of the Seas for 4 nights in January.

Not sure which room to pick

The Royal FS is $2,400 more than the Oceanview Family Room.

1. Is it worth it?

2. We are going with another family who will not be at Suite Level. Can they sit with us during prioirty seatings at shows, reserved pool areas the concierge club, or have dinner brought to us from the main dining service.

Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated!

I have 5-6 in my party myself, my husband, 3 kids 13-16 and 1 niece 21(possibly). We are going on the Liberty of the Seas for 4 nights in January.

1. Is it worth it?

2. We are going with another family who will not be at Suite Level. Can they sit with us during prioirty seatings at shows, reserved pool areas the concierge club, or have dinner brought to us from the main dining service.

The family oceanview cannot hold a candle to the Royal Family Suite.

If you can afford it, take the RFS.

Two completely separate bedrooms. Living room. Double size balcony. TWO BATHROOMS. "Hall closet" larger than an interior cabin on the Majesty/Monarch. Concierge access. All the perks of a suite.

No, other people in other cabins cannot have your perks. Those perks are for people in the suites.

The family oceanview cannot hold a candle to the Royal Family Suite.

If you can afford it, take the RFS.

Two completely separate bedrooms. Living room. Double size balcony. TWO BATHROOMS. "Hall closet" larger than an interior cabin on the Majesty/Monarch. Concierge access. All the perks of a suite.

No, other people in other cabins cannot have your perks. Those perks are for people in the suites.

The only thing I will add to this is that the RFS on Freedom Class other than for Independence is very basically furnished....not full suite like in the furnishing department at all....it's furnished much more like a Junior Suite. They changed that when they built Indy....so be careful if you are searching or looking at pix of a RFS....make sure they are from either Freedom or Liberty.

The only thing I will add to this is that the RFS on Freedom Class other than for Independence is very basically furnished....not full suite like in the furnishing department at all....it's furnished much more like a Junior Suite. They changed that when they built Indy....so be careful if you are searching or looking at pix of a RFS....make sure they are from either Freedom or Liberty.

I did not realize Indy was different - thanks for sharing.

For about $2,300 w/taxes & insurance you could

actually get another suite. The Jr Suites are

275 sq. ft. I believe the Royal Suites

are about 1,100 sq. ft.

Depending on the time you travel

you could get two Jr Suites,

which will be more then enough

for six people..

Good luck, let us know what

you decide to do..

1. Is it worth it?

If your bookings are linked, they should be able

to join you. If they made their own reservations,

probably not..

1. Is it worth it?

The RFS has 2 seperate bedrooms (one with 4 berths) and the other with 2. You have a lounge (which can sleep 2),a shower room and a full bathroom. Large balcony with dining table and a hallway that makes the whole thing feel like a mini apartment. With 3 teenagers and a 21 year old guest, take it for the sake of your sanity! ;)

You get all the suite perks. Your friends won't be able to take advantage of the suite perks, but of course there is nothing preventing you sitting with them at any of the shows if you give up the reserved seating.

The pros are many. The cons are it is $2400 more.

With 6 in rfs you can just use both bedrooms. No need to have the sofa bed made up and so you get a sitting area at night away from where the children are asleep. This was great for us as well as we ordered coffee and Danish to be delivered and ate them in tne sitting area before breakfast while everyone got ready.

There is one double bedroom and one twin with 2 pullmans. This worked really well for us.

This youtube video might help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBtCBMWB_gc

It is the Explorer of the Sea (a Voyager class ship), but I suspect the Liberty of the Seas Royal Family Suite is similar.

Oh, I think there is also something called the "Royal Suite". Don't conuse this with the "Royal Family Suite".

Have you considered 2 inside connecting cabins? This can give you enough space and effectively 2 bathrooms for a lot less money.

At least one of these must have 2 upper pullman beds, something like 6357/6359 or 7669/7671.

Of course, if you can afford it, the Royal Family Suite would be ideal.

If your bookings are linked, they should be able

to join you. If they made their own reservations,

probably not..

Totally incorrect information - linking bookings will only get you the same table in the MDR but absolutely NO suite perks (although they could all have dinner together in the suite).

For me, I'd go with two connecting cabins - or even an interior quad across the hall for the kids, they're old enough. You'll definitely need two bathrooms with six people if four are teenagers/young adults!

We've stayed in the RFS on Liberty and loved it, but since your friends won't have the suite benefits, I just don't know if you'll get the true value out of it.

Besides loving the size of the suite and having 2 bathrooms, we also loved sitting in Portofino's for breakfast, instead of having to fight for a table in Windjammer, having a pre-dinner drink in the concierge lounge (and sometimes an after-dinner drink as well), having access to Barefoot Beach (Labadee), and reserved seating for shows (particularly the ice show). If you took advantage of these benefits, your friends would not be able to join you (unless, if you're going to Labadee and you rent a cabana...then you could invite up to 5 guests).

Archived