45 Days out-EPIC-was not able to pre-book the Beatles Tribute or Spanish Ballet :(

lovetoreview

Is this something that everyone else had to book once on board and was not able to pre-book? I was under the assumption that you could pre-book this as well as ONE of the variety acts. It would not let me and I called NCL and they said it was not an option. Maybe since they changed thier policy last week. And just an FYI, we did have to pay for the dining options NOW, there was not an option to pay later with our OBC. YAY...45 days out!! Getting so excited and happy I was at least able to book the rest of our adventures :)

The Beatles Tribute was not bookable. When we were on the cruise they played on the H2O stage in the adults only area. Somewhat a bit of a wind up, nice easy listening family entertainment put in an adults only area. However on the last night we found out they will allow kids into the area as long as they are with parents.

With regards to the Spanish Ballet when i booked you had just one choice, the ballet, the US comic bloke or the puppets. Have you already picked one of those ?

Hi all!

I thought you could book one of those 3 in advance but maybe things have changed.

I was able to book the Ballet/Flamenco (very good but in a poor location for viewing so get there early) & Legends in advance.

I was BTB but it seems to me the Beatles played more than once at Spice H20 where I believe kids can go up until 10 or 11 pm with an adult.

I booked Blue Man Group & Cirque too & thought the $20 seats were great as I didn't want to get involved in the show or strain to watch it.

I liked the ship so much I booked it for Nov in the Caribbean!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

See this thread regarding CC's discussing NCL's new policy regarding pre-booking and paying for Entertainment, Dinning and Excursions. I think when they implemented this policy, they took away some options for pre-booking some shows as well (from what I have seen fellow CC people stating as well as when I tried today). You now are not able to pre-book your options then pay for it once on board or with your OBC. Some like the idea, some do not. It just changes things like I just experienced.

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1447494

Here is the policy:

Norwegian Cruise Line Enhances Pre-Cruise Shore Excursions and Dining Reservations

Miami **- ** Jul 28, 2011 **--- **

MIAMI – July 28, 2011 -- Norwegian Cruise Line today announced that it has enhanced its reservation system adding the convenience of pre-purchasing shore excursions fleet-wide and the flexibility of pre-purchasing specialty dining on Norwegian Epic.* The company also plans to add the ability to make Freestyle Dining reservations for specialty restaurants fleet-wide in the coming months. This enhanced system gives booked guests the opportunity to plan their cruise vacation prior to boarding the ship.*

“Freestyle Cruising is about freedom and flexibility, and therefore we wanted to provide our guests with the choice and convenience of purchasing their shore excursions prior to their cruise, as well as making their specialty dining choices in advance, especially if they are celebrating a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer.* “Of course, they also have the option of waiting until they are on board to book shore excursions and reserve specialty dining choices.”

The more robust reservation system gives guests the option to pre-purchase a large variety of shore excursions in all the destinations Norwegian’s ships visit around the world. Whether it’s dogsledding in Alaska, surfing in Hawaii, or wine tasting in Italy, guests can secure their spot on the excursion that works best for their vacation.*

Among the 20 dining options that Norwegian Epic offers, guests can make reservations and pay for specialty dining cover charges which range from $10 to $25 per person in all of the ship’s specialty restaurants including Moderno Churrascaria and Shanghai’s, among others. Norwegian Epic guests also have the ability to purchase tickets to Cirque Dreams and Dinner™, as well as The Second City’s Presumed Murdered interactive experience. Once the reservation system is available fleet-wide, guests will be able to pre-book and pay for all specialty restaurants such as guest favorites like Teppanyaki, Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro. Reservations are not required at the many complimentary dining venues on each ship.

Guests also have the option of booking shore excursions and making specialty restaurant reservations once they are on board. The ability to purchase activities in advance is only applicable to cruise bookings made in US dollars. All shore excursion and dining purchases can be adjusted up to one day prior to sailing.

Guests with cruise reservations can log on to www.ncl.com/myncl to view shore excursions and dining (on Norwegian Epic) available for pre-purchase.* To book, guests can contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 866-896-3152 for shore excursions or 800-327-7030 for dining, or visit www.ncl.com/myncl.

Hi all!

I thought you could book one of those 3 in advance but maybe things have changed.

I was able to book the Ballet/Flamenco (very good but in a poor location for viewing so get there early) & Legends in advance.

I was BTB but it seems to me the Beatles played more than once at Spice H20 where I believe kids can go up until 10 or 11 pm with an adult.

I booked Blue Man Group & Cirque too & thought the $20 seats were great as I didn't want to get involved in the show or strain to watch it.

I liked the ship so much I booked it for Nov in the Caribbean!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

Indeed you are right, The Beatles did play more than once. What i meant was we only found out on the final night they played that we could go and watch with our son.

The Beatles group played a couple of times on our Epic sailing last fall. We saw them in the theater with our son. We enjoyed them. The cruise director said they had just finished playing Tom Hanks' birthday party recently.

Doing my first NCL cruise on the Star in Dec.....so maybe I should not say this......but it sure sounds like "Freestyle" is keeping more and more structured with all this advance reservations and restrictions

Not really...

The pre-booking is not mandatory, it just let's those inclined to be planners....well....do some planning!

We've never missed a show or a dinner because we didn't pre-book it.

From the Policy posted above:

“Of course, they also have the option of waiting until they are on board to book shore excursions and reserve specialty dining choices.”

So we're still free to "whatever".... :)

See this thread regarding CC's discussing NCL's new policy regarding pre-booking and paying for Entertainment, Dinning and Excursions. I think when they implemented this policy, they took away some options for pre-booking some shows as well (from what I have seen fellow CC people stating as well as when I tried today). You now are not able to pre-book your options then pay for it once on board or with your OBC. Some like the idea, some do not. It just changes things like I just experienced.

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1447494

Thanks for posting this, EPIC!

I totally missed it, but will share with others in our sailing group!

:)

Archived