C&A Cruise Point Question re: family member getting same points

Sorry about the title, I wasnt really sure how to put my question. I'm sure some of you can answer.

I know that RCI has a program that your immediate family members can get the same C&A status as you. For example I was platinum when I married my husband who had never cruise before and after his 1st cruise I called up C&A and enrolled him and they gave him the same ammount of credits I did and made him Platinum too and now we have equal credits.

My question is this. We are now at 79 cruise credits, 1 point away from Diamond. If for example I took a 3 nighter without my husband and got to 82 cruise credits and became Diamond would they give him the other 3 as well and we'd both become diamond?

Sorry about the title, I wasnt really sure how to put my question. I'm sure some of you can answer.

I know that RCI has a program that your immediate family members can get the same C&A status as you. For example I was platinum when I married my husband who had never cruise before and after his 1st cruise I called up C&A and enrolled him and they gave him the same ammount of credits I did and made him Platinum too and now we have equal credits.

My question is this. We are now at 79 cruise credits, 1 point away from Diamond. If for example I took a 3 nighter without my husband and got to 82 cruise credits and became Diamond would they give him the other 3 as well and we'd both become diamond?

Your husband will get the same C&A level. Not sure if he actually gets the points. Before the switch to points, the other family member got the level but not the credit. Might be different now.

Yes. One of the benefits of being married!:D

I principle, yes. After you return and have your profile updated, it is best to write to Crown & Anchor giving your details, so that they can update their records for him. It will not be automatic because he did not travel on the 3-point cruise.

My DH and I will be on Majesty later this year and that cruise will make us diamond. Since our two adult sons will not be joining us, do they have to earn the 4 points themselves to be diamond? (We live at the same address).

Thanks

My DH and I will be on Majesty later this year and that cruise will make us diamond. Since our two adult sons will not be joining us, do they have to earn the 4 points themselves to be diamond? (We live at the same address).

Thanks

Yes, after 18 they must earn all cruise points on their own.

Another related question. We're traveling with our grandaughter in November, 1st cruise for her. We are diamond level...I know she will be considered diamond for this cruise, but what status will she be considered after the cruise...she is 13.

Thanks for all your help.

I principle, yes. After you return and have your profile updated, it is best to write to Crown & Anchor giving your details, so that they can update their records for him. It will not be automatic because he did not travel on the 3-point cruise.

My husband's C&A account always updates along with mine automatically. He has only been on 5 Royal Caribbean cruises, but he's Emerald with me because I go every year with my mom for mother's day.

We've never had to call to have his updated. His cruise points also equal mine.

Another related question. We're traveling with our grandaughter in November, 1st cruise for her. We are diamond level...I know she will be considered diamond for this cruise, but what status will she be considered after the cruise...she is 13.

Thanks for all your help.

Once she completes her first cruise, she will be considered gold. Unless she actually lives with you, in which case, she can be linked to you and have your status. If she doesn't live with you, she won't automatically be considered diamond simply because she is cruising with you.

You don't have to be married!

My son went to Guest Services and told them that they were engaged.............instant upgrade from Gold to Diamond!

;)

I guess one's intentions count also!!:p Glad he got the upgrade.:)

Almost forgot. Congratulations, you are now a member of the M.O.G. society.:D

That's what I thought. Thank you

I'm not too sure this is accurate. I didnt take my first cruise until after i was 18. My parents have been on several. After my first cruise, I called to enroll, and was automatically made platinum after 1 cruise, since thats what my parents at the same address were. I know i was over 18. Maybe this has changed since my first cruise back in 2004, and this entire post is pointless, im just not sure. :D :p

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Yes, after 18 they must earn all cruise points on their own.

We took a 7 night cruise without our 20 year old DS (he still lives with us) last March. After the normal waiting period, the 7 cruise points showed up on his account. I don't think age matters as long as you all live in the same household. I have read reports here of parents in their 70s living with children in their 50s and the all get the credits when any one of them cruises.

We took a 7 night cruise without our 20 year old DS (he still lives with us) last March. After the normal waiting period, the 7 cruise points showed up on his account. I don't think age matters as long as you all live in the same household. I have read reports here of parents in their 70s living with children in their 50s and the all get the credits when any one of them cruises.

You are lucky; he should not have gotten any points for your trip.

Archived