Disappeared 2012 cruises

bissel

For several months now we have been booked on the Cloud sailings B2B London-Iceland-London and even have our precruise hotel and transportation arranged. This is scheduled for July 2012. Both cruises have been waitlisted in all suites for about 2 months.

I went to check again tonight on the itineraries and find both cruises omitted from the website.

This worries me since we are so excited about this cruise. Does anyone have any speculation about this? (Of course I will phone them tomorrow but thought I might hear from someone before that.)

MJN1, you seem to be correct. When I called SS I was told they won't be selling this as "they anticipate a change. This could be an itinerary or charter change." They will let us know.

We booked this in March and have been so eagerly looking forward to this whole experience. Disappointment will be very keen if we are unable to go because we are being preempted. Sad.

wripro, thank you. We are actually very depressed about this. The cruise is offered once a year, it seems. Since it has become such a special and popular one, I'm surprised that the SS itinerary planning did not take this in account. The Olympics committee set this time and location many years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
wripro, thank you. We are actually very depressed about this. The cruise is offered once a year, it seems. Since it has become such a special and popular one, I'm surprised that the SS itinerary planning did not take this in account. The Olympics committee set this time and location many years ago.

We were told when disemarking in London [Cloud} this week that it will be chartered for the Olympics early August 2012.Agree with your comments.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to reactivate this thread but today received special offer from agent for b2b cruises London Iceland London finishing on 13 August 2012 the day after the Olympics finish.Having been told on our Cloud cruise recently the Cloud was chartered for the Olympics I am now confused anyone know what is going on?

If this is so, why is the cruise posted back on their board? Why is brimary receiving promotions for this cruise? Is your information current and will this be withdrawn again soon? I have received no information about this from my TA.

No, I wouldn't put a happy face on it.

Believe the Olympics are in June. The info came from Captain Sangiocomo when we dined with him last week aboard Silver Spirit. He will be the captain on the Cloud beginning in Feb. Also, the Cloud will go in for a 25 day refurb in Freeport in Oct.

Believe the Olympics are in June. The info came from Captain Sangiocomo when we dined with him last week aboard Silver Spirit. He will be the captain on the Cloud beginning in Feb. Also, the Cloud will go in for a 25 day refurb in Freeport in Oct.

Opening ceremony is 27th July and they run for 2 weeks, followed by paralympics

Archived