WiFi Cost

thechandlers99

Pricing

Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All internet access charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” Account.

Activation fee - a one-time $3.95 charge applies to each user on their first login only.

Time Plans – offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/ wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation and don’t have to be used in a single session. No refund will be awarded for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.

Longer Cruises (6 days and longer)

• 250 minutes for $100.00

• 100 minutes for $55.00

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

Shorter Cruises (5 days and shorter)

• 60 minutes for $24.00

• 30 minutes for $16.50

Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic (all itineraries)

• 480 minutes for $159 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 240 minutes for $89 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 120 minutes for $59

• 45 minutes for $29

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx#q-543512

We will be at sea on Christmas day and would like to get online to Skype with our family back home. Does anyone know how much WiFi costs on the Glory?

Thanks!

I've never been on the Glory, but it's hard to imagine any cruise internet will be able to support video chat. Has anyone tried?

It's wifi so it must be high speed. I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I would love to know the answer to this question though.

whoa there .. its far from high speed, its more like dial up.

I do hear on Magic they have better speed so obviously that ship was built to support more internet activitivy.

think of dial up speed if you want to know how slow pages load.

wifi has more to do with picking up the signal than speed.

I did hear if you do it at night the speed is a little better than during the day when the system is overloaded .. but its not even up to dsl speed, let along high speed like Im on now with time warner.

The internet connection is via satellite. The entire ship is sharing the bandwidth.

Last time I was on the ship, the internet speed reminded me of the old 14.4K baud modem from back in the day.

Skype may or may not work. Due to the amount of bandwidth that Skype uses, I've heard that sometimes it is intentionally blocked. No experience though.

It's a shame , what you pay for access , you think that they would actually have a hignh speed connection , last week it took me 40 minutes to check in for my flight home and 90% ofr that time was waiting for pages to load on the ships computer !

It's a shame , what you pay for access , you think that they would actually have a hignh speed connection , last week it took me 40 minutes to check in for my flight home and 90% ofr that time was waiting for pages to load on the ships computer !

Hopefully the OP comes back to check after they posted their assumption it was high speed.

We will be at sea on Christmas day and would like to get online to Skype with our family back home. Does anyone know how much WiFi costs on the Glory?

Thanks!

The price is a little more expensive then I'd pay but its the slowness that will be an issue using skype. The internet on all ships I've been on is barely better than dial-up. Save yourself a whole lot of frustration and cost and fire them off an email or call them with a calling card at your next port.

It's wifi so it must be high speed. I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I would love to know the answer to this question though.

You can have a wireless network with no internet access whatsoever. The fact that there is wifi only means they have a wireless network that will give you access to their extremely slow satellite network.

Its far from high speed by anyone's definition.

Technologically Skype should work. I have used it on multiple cruises (never on Carnival though, however the service is pretty much the same across the lines). They may block it however in order to not have all the limited bandwidth taken up.

we make a b2b cruise can we take the minutes who were not used too the second cruise.

no, each cruise is a separate venue. You pay your tips after each cruise separately. You will have new sign and sail cards for both cruises

Archived