Just "Upgraded", But Not Sure...Thoughts??

Jules215

Have been "upgraded" from an IS to an obstructed OV on the Liberty Lido deck...9203 is one of the handicapped/modified cabins to the very forward of the ship...( And we didn't ask for a handicap cabin, but apparently they have several still available and are starting to move people around, so please don't yell at me for taking a HC cabin when we don't need one, this is Carnival's doing).

Anyhoo's, I'm not sure I want to be at the total opposite end of the ship away from the pool...The draw of the Lido deck to us was the close proximity to the things we tend to do the most onboard...But, the Carnival rep said this cabin would be much nicer than the interior room we had, although not nearly as close to the pools, etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts one way or the other about this cabin??...I'm considering asking for my old cabin back in the morning...I should also mention that this is our first inside cabin...We've always had suites prior to this, but this is an unplanned last minute cruise and we just don't want to spend the extra cash on a balcony or suite this time.

TIA

I think you will be fine. We have stayed on the Lido deck and loved it. Real convenient to the pool, the buffet. Nice and quiet up there cause you don't get a lot of "foot traffic"

We stayed in 9205 on the Conquest (It was Cat 11 then) and I loved the cabin being so close to everything. Nice to be able and run to the buffet to get your morning coffee and not have to wait on room service. Or grab a piece of pizza before you go to bed at night.

I think you "done good". Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Carnival called and upgraded us from an upper/lower on deck 2 to a 4A (I think) on Deck 8. I will say that I was pleasntly shocked to get that phone call today. Me and my friend had been talking about acutally paying the diffrence it if was possible to be closer to our other friends that are going now we are just across the hall from them.

We just returned from the Splendor and had 9203 also. Again...did not book on purpose, but ended up there. The room was fine, especially loved the larger bathroom. The cabin itself seemed a bit smaller and there were only 2 small closets, no drawers and no couch, but we had it set up with 2 twins which always appears smaller. You are at the very front, but even though I have a hard time with my knee, I had no problem getting around even though our dining room was at the back of the ship and we were at the front. Check out the secret shared balcony....it was a wonderful place to be arriving and leaving port. 2 nights we had a lot of wind and the firehose cabinet on the front balcony was rattling quite a bit. We complained and they got right on it and checked back with us several times to make sure we were satisfied. This only happened when the weather was a little rough..not all the time. Enjoy...the view is awesome out front and the bathroom makes it a great deal, we only paid an inside rate.

Also if I am not mistaken, if you look at the deck plans there is a door in between 9202 & 9203 (or either beside 9202/9203) that opens to an observation deck. Kind of like having your own private "balcony" cause not to many people go out there. The observation deck is what you will see thru your picture window-so you might want to keep the curtain closed:)

We stayed in one of those cabins on the Valor a few years back and it was wonderful! They are bigger than your standard inside and have a window. Great location too! We always stay on the lido deck. You will be a short walk from the pools and lido buffet. If it were me, it would be no contest - stay with the upgrade and enjoy!!!

We have an obstructed inside on the victory in Oct... IMHO its better than an OV, you get the window (natural light) and you have little known about balcony a few feet away! You scored!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

We have an obstructed inside on the victory in Oct... IMHO its better than an OV, you get the window (natural light) and you have little known about balcony a few feet away! You scored!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

OP just wrote it wrong ... since there is no such thing on carnival as a obstructed OV .. they also have the obstructed inside cabin with a window.

RCL sells them but Carnival made them all insides.

I appreciate everyone's input!!...It seems everyone thinks the cabin is worth the long walk down the hall to the Lido deck...Works for me!! :)

long walk!!! lol, you are so much closer to get to the food and pools .. its a great location.

congrats.

long walk!!! lol, you are so much closer to get to the food and pools .. its a great location.

congrats.

Ha!!...I know!! :)

But, before I posted this last night, I did a search on the cabin location, and a couple of people talked about what a long long walk it was to the pool and that they wouldn't book that cabin again because of it...Made me wonder if I wasn't recalling the size of the Liberty correctly...I hadn't given it a second thought before I read that...So was just checking!! :)

OP just wrote it wrong ... since there is no such thing on carnival as a obstructed OV .. they also have the obstructed inside cabin with a window.

RCL sells them but Carnival made them all insides.

I did misstate the cabin category...Ooops.

Archived