Two Carnival ships drydock this year - tight lipped

RBCL

According to the "fact sheet" on CruiseDeckPlans.com, the following Carnival ships are going to drydock this fall. (Don't know which ones are going to Freeport.)

Ecstasy - 9/8-9/22

Triumph - 9/22 -10/05

Liberty - 10/8-10/22

Elation - 10/22- 11/05

Destiny is listed to go to drydock 1/05/12- 2/16/12 - that is a long time!

I don't understand the secrecy deal in the linked article.

I thought I saw a posting on CC that was verified by Mach that the Spirit was going to dry dock on 1/6/2012.

carnival spirit is definitly going in drydock next year - need australian power points installed anyway

Carnival uses both the Freeport dry dock and the facilities in South Carolina.

Since there are four ships scheduled for dry dock and the SC facility really can't handle any of the ships in question (they have a pier that they use for extensive renovation while the ship is still floating...) I wonder where the other two ships are headed if Freeport only has two scheduled???

:confused:

Is there not any way to tell which it is by checking the schedule on Carnival, as if you were going to book a cruise? They don't schedule a cruise on a certain ship and then put it in dry dock and cancel the cruise do they? I only ask because someone had mentioned the Ecstasy being in dry dock after it leaves New Orleans, before it goes to Port Canaveral. I would be pretty peeved it they canceled my cruise:mad:

Article says 2 to the end of the year... wonder if that is because they have 2 at a time..2 followed by 2 more... just a thought...

Carnival uses both the Freeport dry dock and the facilities in South Carolina.

Since there are four ships scheduled for dry dock and the SC facility really can't handle any of the ships in question (they have a pier that they use for extensive renovation while the ship is still floating...) I wonder where the other two ships are headed if Freeport only has two scheduled???

:confused:

Could Destiny be one of the ships? I wonder if it is, as they are 'tight lipped' about it.

http://www.tribune242.com/business/08182011_nm-shipyard_business_pg1-2

Do you think maybe that the shipyard, thinks it is not their place to announce who is dry docking and that the responsibility should fall to the owner of teh ship?

Nah nothing that sensible makes sense.

In spite of what people believe you do not have the right to know everything.

Is there not any way to tell which it is by checking the schedule on Carnival, as if you were going to book a cruise? They don't schedule a cruise on a certain ship and then put it in dry dock and cancel the cruise do they? I only ask because someone had mentioned the Ecstasy being in dry dock after it leaves New Orleans, before it goes to Port Canaveral. I would be pretty peeved it they canceled my cruise:mad:

Yes, they can. Accidents happen- things break- Look at what happened to the Splendor. Many weeks cruises were canceled.

Archived