Your favorite place to eat in Cabo

terjul

<snip>

There's plenty of really good restaurants and I am one who happens to love the marina view coupled with the view of Los Arcos.

We're on the Splendor in January, and I would love to know which marina restaurants have a view of Los Arcos.

gary

We're on the Splendor in January, and I would love to know which marina restaurants have a view of Los Arcos.

gary

You cannot see Los Arcos from anywhere on the marina but you can see Land's End. You have to be way at the far end of Medano Beach in order to see the Arch.

gary

Oops, sorry my apologies. You can't see Los Arcos from the marina restaurants. I must have been tired or not paying attention when I posted this.

Sorry to give false information. From the looks of it you already knew this as you were there recently. Thank you for bringing my error to my attention

Edited by chloedmom

You cannot see Los Arcos from anywhere on the marina but you can see Land's End. You have to be way at the far end of Medano Beach in order to see the Arch.

Oops, sorry my apologies. You can't see Los Arcos from the marina restaurants. I must have been tired or not paying attention when I posted this.

Thanks for correcting my error.

Sorry to give false information. From the looks of it you already knew this as you were there recently. Thank you for bringing my error to my attention

I had thought (hoped) that perhaps somewhere like Marina Fiesta offered a restaurant view of los Arcos. I'm totally unfamiliar with that resort except for their location, and surprised if there isn't such a view.

gary

I had thought (hoped) that perhaps somewhere like Marina Fiesta offered a restaurant view of los Arcos. I'm totally unfamiliar with that resort except for their location, and surprised if there isn't such a view.

gary

Nope, you can't even see it from Medano beach, you have to almost all the way to the Riu properties before it is visable.

It's hard with someone with mobility issues. A block or two for us is no issue, but it is for her (2 knee replacements and neither worked well). The pier alone is hard. And, of course, she won't use a wheelchair, which would solve the issues! Taking a taxi would mean only needing to walk to the end of the pier...the extra block or two is what I'm worried about. I'm not worried about the safety of getting to and from the ship, just the distance for my mom.

I'm glad to hear taxis are safe. I've been to other countries near Mexico and we were given strict warnings to not go in the cabs. Thanks for the help!

Edited by travln1234

I'm sure it's been mentioned here numerous times, but since we just got back I wanted to mention Gordo LeLe's for tacos. I have to say it was the highlight of our day in Cabo. Javier was so much fun with our whole group belting out Beatles songs. My husband is a big Beatles fan. Our group raved over the tacos. I thought mine was just ok, but I had the fish taco. Just around the corner from Cabo Wabo, but SO much fun! Especially after margaritas at Cabo Wabo! :)

:confused:

Agreed!

Eating at a port allows you to experience local cuisine and experience something different than what you can get on the ship. In addition, since Cabo is a tender port, it's not practically to return to the ship to eat. And if you maximize your day in Cabo, you'll definitely end up needing to eat while ashore.

I have trouble walking long distances as my back really hurts. Going to the mall is hard for me. I don't want to wander off from the marina. I want to eat at one of the restaurants along the marina. I've eaten at 2 of them so far and neither was that great. I think I remember seeing Solomans Landing and maybe even Giggling Marlin. Are they both on the marina? Any suggestions of something that isn't far from the tender where we can get a beer & food? The chicken enchiladas sound good Pamela. Where is Giggling Marlin located?

I've had tacos but they all make them without deep frying the corn tortilla and I like them gringo style.:D My son got something that was really good once and I wished I had gotten what he had so we may just go back there & try it.

I have trouble walking long distances as my back really hurts. Going to the mall is hard for me. I don't want to wander off from the marina. I want to eat at one of the restaurants along the marina. I've eaten at 2 of them so far and neither was that great. I think I remember seeing Solomans Landing and maybe even Giggling Marlin. Are they both on the marina? Any suggestions of something that isn't far from the tender where we can get a beer & food? The chicken enchiladas sound good Pamela. Where is Giggling Marlin located?

I've had tacos but they all make them without deep frying the corn tortilla and I like them gringo style.:D My son got something that was really good once and I wished I had gotten what he had so we may just go back there & try it.

Solomon's Landing is right on the marina, a very short distance from the tender pier and is fantastic! One of my favorites restaurants in Cabo and we usually avoid the marina places. Giggling Marlin is in town right in the center. Captain Tony's is just before Solomons and is also good.

I don't think I have ever seen "gringo style" tacos anywhere in Cabo and that is a good thing for me. Fresh, Baja style tacos are so good!:)

As one of the above posters suggested, Soloman's Landing is a good place, as well as Captain Tony's (our personal favorite), on the other side of Soloman's is Wamongo's, and it (IMHO) just barely ranks below Captain Tony's.

There is a place very near the Cruise docks (and I am sorry, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the name), hard to miss though, they have a rope enclosed deck overlooking the Marina. We've eaten there and the food and service are both top notch....it does fill up, however, whenever cruise ships are in.

Another often overlooked place is the Cantina at the Dolphin tank.

Clean, very family oriented, good food, reasonably priced, and close to the dock.

Of all that I have mentioned, Captain Tony's, Wamongo, and Solomon's would be my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice.

Last time in Cabo, we had THE coldest beer (served in a bucket of ice) and yummy nachos at No Worries located right on the marina. No Worries would be on the north end of the marina with the outdoor seating a step or three above the marina boardwalk, facing the bay.

Last time in Cabo, we had THE coldest beer (served in a bucket of ice) and yummy nachos at No Worries located right on the marina. No Worries would be on the north end of the marina with the outdoor seating a step or three above the marina boardwalk, facing the bay.

No Worries is no longer in that location. The Wyndam has put one of it's own restaurants in that location. No Worries is now in town right across the street from the Cabo Wabo.

My memory is coming back. It was Solomans Landing that I ate at that I didn't care for their taco's but my son had something that looked great & I took a bite and wished I had ordered that. Captains Tony's didn't serve Pacifico beer and that is what we both wanted to drink so we opted for Solomans.

2010504070040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

I think the other place downsized is thinking of near the tender is Senor Frogs. We might try that but I'm sure they are pricey. I just might go back to Solomans & try what my DS had along with a cold Pacifico.

My memory is coming back. It was Solomans Landing that I ate at that I didn't care for their taco's but my son had something that looked great & I took a bite and wished I had ordered that. Captains Tony's didn't serve Pacifico beer and that is what we both wanted to drink so we opted for Solomans.

2010504070040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

I think the other place downsized is thinking of near the tender is Senor Frogs. We might try that but I'm sure they are pricey. I just might go back to Solomans & try what my DS had along with a cold Pacifico.

That is Solomon's but it looks totally different now- they have done a full remodel and it is really nice. I hated the old bar stools but they are really comfy now. They do have really, really good tacos so maybe you ate somewhere else? Lots of people don't like authentic soft shell tacos and are expecting ground beef, lettuce and cheese in a hard shell. You won't find any of those ingredients in a real taco. Just grilled meat or seafood and maybe some cilantro or onion. Then you dress them up with the fantastic salsa bar that Solomon's has- yum! We eat there at least 4-5 times in a 14 day trip and stop by almost every day for drinks- great place!:)

Yeah I was expecting a gringo taco.:D They were from Solomans Landing but not what I had hoped for so now I know not to order tacos. Some people may love them but I'll stick to mine from Arizona. We have a lot of Mexicans in Arizona and they make really yummy food but I guess it isn't authentic Mexican food here.

No, the place is not Senor Frogs. Senor Frogs is way overated and overpriced in my opinion....not to mention my percieved impression that the staff at Senor Frogs did not care if anyone wanted served or not.

The place that I was thinking of is just "to the right" of the frog.

Also, you might give Captain Tony's another try. We loved it because they served Sol Beer (my favorite), but in November they had switched to Pacifico, and there was not a Sol to be had. :mad: Still, a good place to eat and "people watch".

Actually, I've eaten at most of the places on the Marina, and have only once had a bad meal, and it was my fault (I guess) for ordering something "different".

No Worries is no longer in that location. The Wyndam has put one of it's own restaurants in that location. No Worries is now in town right across the street from the Cabo Wabo.

Oh, that's too bad. Was planning on going by next week when our cruise overnight's there. Don't really want to venture in to town, except to taxi to Medano Beach Club for the day.

What's the Wyndam restaurant like?