ES Claim - More=Merrier Higher Cat Lower Price

jdcml

So I already submitted my claim, but I know that we have seen a number of different results for how the ES claims apply!

We booked a cove on the Dream. Today I see that the traditional balconies (a cat higher) are less than we paid for our Cove using the More=Merrier Rate. You can pick your cabin with the M=M rate so it isn't an issue with a gty run of the ship. We don't want the upgrade, just the funds in an OBC. :D

So it isn't apples to apples, the categories are different otherwise I am confident that I would get the $90.

Anyone have the experience that they were able to price match a higher cat, get the OBC, and stay put?

Also make sure you're booking the same amount of people.

I just did an ES reduction for a higher category and they only gave me the credit, did not change my cabin, even though I asked to be moved to the higher category. And they gave me a price that I could not find the price they gave me anywhere online, still can't~! So who knows what they'll do! But good luck!

So who knows what they'll do! But good luck!

This is both one of the funniest and saddest statements about this whole Early Saver thing. The application of the "rules" seems to vary.

If you are ok with giving up your cove and moving to one of those balconys right over the promenade that are not so private .. you can put in for it. You probably have to give up your cove of course. .. I say probably because sometiems I think those people are in training who work the replys for price drop claims.

I have an aft balcony booked on the Magic, and I submitted an ES form when the price for a spa balcony 8P (higher category than my 8M) dropped to be below what I was paying. At the time there were no 8M's available. I submitted my form and checked off the OBC box and not the upgrade box, and stated in the comments that I did not want an upgrade, just wanted my price adjusted since higher categories were lower than what I was currently paying, and they did just that. In fact they lowered my price to what an 8M would be, if there were any available (it was $20 lower than the 8P price).

I know that technically it's not supposed to work that way, but it worked for me so it's worth a try.

Good luck!

I submitted the form on Friday and got notice yesterday of an additional $80 OBC on top of the $100 OBC we already have. I never entertained the thought of upgrading the room, I'd rather had the OBC to spend! :D

Well, for what its worth... It actually worked! We got our confirmation email today for our cabin and then the others traveling with us.

So we booked ES. Found a lower rate (More=Merrier) for a higher category. Got an OBC for the difference and did not have to move.

One thing that might have impacted it was that I happened to catch the price when there was only one cabin available at the lower rate. By the time they processed the claim that cabin was gone so I really couldn't have upgraded.

This is both one of the funniest and saddest statements about this whole Early Saver thing. The application of the "rules" seems to vary.

It seems to vary on the "Past Guest" rate also. I read a post that someone was past final payment and still got a credit or upgrade (I forgot which one). I was three days past final payment and was told...nope. I guess it just depends on who answers the phone!

This is my first day researching the ES program and I wanted to ask

Is it my imagination or is none of this stuff about upgrading to a higher category or getting credit for price drops in a higher category in writing on Carnival's website. ?????

This is my first day researching the ES program and I wanted to ask

Is it my imagination or is none of this stuff about upgrading to a higher category or getting credit for price drops in a higher category in writing on Carnival's website. ?????

Read for yourself.....

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=earlysaver

We just had a similar experience to the OP. There were no cabins remaining in our category but there was a significant difference in price comparing our cabin to the next category higher. We submitted our claim and actually got more than the difference was when we submitted. Apparently it had gone down again?

We just had a similar experience to the OP. There were no cabins remaining in our category but there was a significant difference in price comparing our cabin to the next category higher. We submitted our claim and actually got more than the difference was when we submitted. Apparently it had gone down again?

No, I think you received more because you got what you would have been eligible to receive IF there were cabins left in your category.

The program seems to be a win/win for everyone. Carnival likes the non-refundable and somewhat restrictive aspects of the program and those people that are diligent with staying on top of things can get OBC and subconsciously may spend more on board.

I don't see anything. Am I missing something?

Go onto the Carnival website. Along the top border there is a FAQ section. Click on it and then in the search box on the next page type in the words early saver. It will then give you all of the details.

We had an aft wrap on the Magic in May and all of those sold out very quickly so there were none left. The prices on all of the other categories kept coming down. The Ocean suite price was $650 per person less than what we paid. We finally agreed to move and got the OBC but we were not allowed to keep our wrap and get the OBC. Our friends, also in an aft wrap, were able to price match since there was now an open aft wrap and they got $800 per person in OBC. I guess things keep changing.

Archived