Update on "Open Letter to NCL"

moejoe4

As many of you stated I should go with plan B. Well, I was working on several "plan Bs". I was also feeling very guilty about having talked additional family into going on the cruise with us and then getting caught up in our "displacement".

After posting my letter to NCL I kept looking at other options and kept an open line of communication between my TA and NCL (yes, I was still open to any offers they might offer).

We have a resolution!!! We have come to an agreement with NCL. It was a give and take on both parts.

We decided we did want a cruise no matter what (many factors influenced this that I won't bore you with :) ). So we decided we wanted on the Spirit no matter what. We downgraded our rooms to balcony rooms instead of the suites. Yes, we are giving up the amenities we love, but we are getting a cruise that we are going to love no matter what!

We took the displacement OBC offered by NCL and picked out wonderful rooms.

We are now happy balcony patrons on the NCL Spirit for the same week and the same itinerary as we had on the Star.

It was all about compromise. We are happy to be cruising and are now back to scheduling excursions!

So that is the ending of our displacement. We have a new "home" !!!

Dana

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. I have often said that compromise makes the world go around <smoother>. With that attitude I am certain you will have a great cruise even without the suite life.

Dana,

I am so happy you came to a good resolution. It's good that you hung in and then considered different options. You will have balcony rooms and I'm sure the cruise will be wonderful!! There is nothing better than ordering room service coffee and sitting out on that balcony in the morning!!

So happy you got a workable resolution to your situation and that you were able to keep plans with your family and stay with NCL. And thank you for coming back and giving us the update - sometimes people don't bother and it is nice to find out what happened. Smooth sailing here on out!

What did NCL 'give' besides the original OBC offer?

They allowed them to book on the Spirit with the OBC. The original terms only allowed them to book the Star, which obviously meant they would have to sail at a different time, which wasn't possible for the OP.

Glad it worked out, and thanks for letting us know.

Archived