Yet another MCO - Port Canaveral thread

SnowshoeCat

I know many people recommend a one-way car rental to transfer to/from MCO and PC. I assume this is because the shuttles charge per person. I'm a solo traveler and really don't want to bother with a rental and would just as soon take a shuttle. Is the cruise line shuttle that much more expensive than the independent ones? And do the independent shuttles group people together to combine trips? I don't mind sharing with a bunch of strangers.

Also, for a 7am arrival back to PC, what would be a comfortable return flight time under normal conditions? Would a 12:30 flight be reasonable?

Thanks for the info.

I know many people recommend a one-way car rental to transfer to/from MCO and PC. I assume this is because the shuttles charge per person. I'm a solo traveler and really don't want to bother with a rental and would just as soon take a shuttle. Is the cruise line shuttle that much more expensive than the independent ones? And do the independent shuttles group people together to combine trips? I don't mind sharing with a bunch of strangers.

Also, for a 7am arrival back to PC, what would be a comfortable return flight time under normal conditions? Would a 12:30 flight be reasonable?

Thanks for the info.

While I'm not doing the shuttle, I'm sailing solo next week and have a car rental. I can give you a report on how this work out just to give you a view of this option.

Thanks to both of you. Airlink (connected to NWA?), I'd be interested in your report, and how the solo cruise was. I've gone alone before, but I like to hear how other people handle it.

Assuming it's run well, I think I'd like the simplicity of the cruise line shuttle.

The simplicity is there, and again, I think it is a good idea for a solo traveler in the Orlando situation. But in many, if not most cases, cruise line transfers are not the best price and frequently are much slower and much less convinent than doing it your self.

No problem with 1230 flight. If you deciede on the Cruiseline shuttle, remember it only runs the day of the cruise. If you arrive a day or so early a limo would be a good choice. The limos will pick you up at the airport and be there when your ship arrives to take you back to MCO. Browse through the posts here, there are is a lot of limo info.

Cruise shared shuttle will cost around $35-$40 per person each way.

Private taxi - $95-$105 each way.

I think the best options for you is to use a shared shuttle. It is not only cheaper, but you can also get to know some people from the same ship on the way to the port.

Thanks to both of you. Airlink (connected to NWA?), I'd be interested in your report, and how the solo cruise was. I've gone alone before, but I like to hear how other people handle it.

Assuming it's run well, I think I'd like the simplicity of the cruise line shuttle.

No problem!

Yes I work for a regional airline. Next week I will be on the Dream. I'm flying in Friday evening, picking the car up and heading to my hotel close to port. The car rental have a shuttle service.

I did look staying in the Orlando area and getting up the next morning and taking a shuttle to the boat. I just like to go when I'm ready and not having to wait for the shuttle to fill up. I've done shuttle service in Miami to Fort Lauderdale. It was cheaper to share with others.

Good evening!

I just arrived to my hotel in the Cocoa beach area about 45 minutes ago.

I had rented a car instead of shuttle service.

It's a very easy drive from the airport to the Cocoa beach area.

It took under a hour,but the traffic was light.

I placed the radio on a smooth jazz station and then one with 80's music.

I also like the fact that in the morning I can stop by a supermarket to buy soda and other small items.

The cost for the rent was $21.

But I understand your reasoning for the shuttle, but enjoy being on my time.

Although my cruise is not for another year i've been doing some research:p

If you are arriving a day or so earlier some of PC hotels are now offering what they call a fly, snooze, and cruise package. Where they will pick you up from Orlando Airport (hotel shuttle), take you to the hotel, next day they will take you to the cruise ship and when you debark they'll take you to the Orlando airport. I would definitely look into that (cheaper than paying the cruise line) as an option.

Happy Cruising:)

If you are arriving a day or so earlier some of PC hotels are now offering what they call a fly, snooze, and cruise package. Where they will pick you up from Orlando Airport (hotel shuttle), take you to the hotel, next day they will take you to the cruise ship and when you debark they'll take you to the Orlando airport. I would definitely look into that (cheaper than paying the cruise line) as an option.

Please post where you saw this.

This sounds like a great idea...can you post the site to search for this and about how much per night and which hotel. Thanks

I am also traveling solo. I would be interested in this.

IIRC there is someone doing exactly this package. I believe they booked with the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach for this. There maybe other hotel chains offering this but I have not heard which ones.

Archived