Infinity and bag in room

silkhair1

My sister and I are travelling to Alaska in 2012 and I know there will be a bag in our room for us to keep. Will they leave 2 bags since we are not a couple or will it be only 1 bag. Is there any way to get another bag so we each get one? Thank you for any help!

If you are in a regular cabin you will get one tote bag that is made out of the same material as lanyards are typically made from. I read somewhere that it's made out of recycled PET bottles. It's rather flimsy and does not have a zipper. Given the inexpensive nature of these bags you may be able to get a second one from your cabin steward. If you are in Concierge Class or above you will get a zippered canvas tote in your room, in addition to the standard tote described above. Definitely only one of these is provided per cabin. You can always ask for a second canvas tote, but it may be harder to convince a cabin steward to provide one as they may only be given as many per cruise as CC and above cabins they are assigned to.

Nope, those aren't the same bags. Those are a few steps up in quality.

The "regular" bag is like one of the recycle type bags.

The canvas type ones are a simple zippered bag with faux leather handle and it folds into a smaller snap-shut pouch. Both are navy.

Nope, those aren't the same bags. Those are a few steps up in quality.

The canvas type ones are a simple zippered bag with faux leather handle and it folds into a smaller snap-shut pouch. Both are navy.

Actually, the "canvas type" bags you describe were available for sale at Heathrow airport last year. They came in various sizes [and colours] and the smallest [which was smaller than the one Celebrity issue] cost over £40 [approx. US$60].

Sue

Yes, we are a C1 on the ship. I know we both want a bag. I guess we will see how it goes. Thank you for your help!

Does anyone have a picture of the bag with the zipper by chance? :)

Here you go. First picture with the zipped bag in its case and second unfolded:

2976350260054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

2172924520054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm sure if you ask your room steward nicely and depending upon what he/she is like you'll be able to get another.

Phil

Actually, the "canvas type" bags you describe were available for sale at Heathrow airport last year. They came in various sizes [and colours] and the smallest [which was smaller than the one Celebrity issue] cost over £40 [approx. US$60].

Sue

Or you could buy one of the cheapie ones for $4.99 on eBay. Always amazes me some of the items that people put up for sale (quote "nice collectable" :rolleyes:):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celebrity-Cruises-Beach-Bag-navy-blue-/390341885569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae2307e81#ht_500wt_1202

Phil

You are worried about a bag. Not a big deal. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. Usually I leave them on the ship. I have lots of totes that are so much nicer than those free bags. If I were on the same cruise with you, I'd give you mine. It's not a big deal. Last cruise I gave it back to the steward. Maybe other people will do the same on your cruise.

Delete. Question already answered.

Or you could buy one of the cheapie ones for $4.99 on eBay. Always amazes me some of the items that people put up for sale (quote "nice collectable" :rolleyes:):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celebrity-Cruises-Beach-Bag-navy-blue-/390341885569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae2307e81#ht_500wt_1202

Phil

What a riot! When I think of the number of those I've left in the cabin. Missed a valuable profit-making opportunity. :D

Archived