Travel Insurance..nightmare getting home from Freedom 8/21

suzw

I know there is another thread about insurance but Im wondering if it covers cost of getting home from cruise. All flights were cancelled yesterday and we learned this on saturday while still on freedom of the seas. The best the airline could do for us was get us home thurs or fri? We needed to get back to work so had to book a flight to Virginia and rent a car for the rest of the way. It cost us a lot of money but we had no choice. Does the travel policy reimburse for any of this?

thanks

I know there is another thread about insurance but Im wondering if it covers cost of getting home from cruise. All flights were cancelled yesterday and we learned this on saturday while still on freedom of the seas. The best the airline could do for us was get us home thurs or fri? We needed to get back to work so had to book a flight to Virginia and rent a car for the rest of the way. It cost us a lot of money but we had no choice. Does the travel policy reimburse for any of this?

thanks

Call them. I'm sure they're open 24/7.

We have no info on what or type ins you have, so how would we be able to tell you?

Why are you asking here?

Policy is through CSA...they are only open now for emergencies. Customer Service isnt open until 9am (EST) I was just curious if anyone else has had this happen....i already emailed travel agent and will call back CSA....

thanks

If you have trip cancellation and interruption (I bet you do), it absolutely should. We had a similar situation but on the front end of our cruise. In February 2010 we arrived at he Portland Maine airport for our flights at 4AM. Due to a huge Nor Easter all flights were cancelled just about everywhere in the northeast. Fortunately Boston still had flights going out so we grabbed a cab to Boston ($175) booked new flights and arrived in West Palm Beach Florida instead of Miami. We then booked a limo to Miami at $200. All of it was covered and your's should be as well.

Archived