winter airline delays

voyageultra

I am flying from Montreal to Capetown to join the oceania cruise capetown -Singapore. December 22nd 2011 Should there be delays because of a snow storm :(.. what does oceania do to get us to the ship on time?? has anyone experienced such delays???

I would fly in a few days earlier

If the planes are grounded no one can do anything to get your there on time ;)

You may be able to meet the ship at the next port

Buy travel insurance that covers you in this event

Lyn

They aren't required to do anything.

From their FAQ's:

"Oceania Cruises acts only as an agent to the guest(s') behalf, and does not operate, control, or supervise any airlines and will not be responsible for carriers failing to meet schedules whether or not air tickets by Oceania Cruises."

I am flying from Montreal to Capetown to join the oceania cruise capetown -Singapore. December 22nd 2011 Should there be delays because of a snow storm :(.. what does oceania do to get us to the ship on time?? has anyone experienced such delays???

If you have never been to Cape Town I would strongly urge you to come in 3 to 5 days before.Do the sites then you will be relaxed to get on the ship and enjoy.You would not have to worry about making the sailing.

We are going to Sydney 4 days before our cruise in Feb 2012. We live on Long Island and know the problems with flights out of JFK.

If you have never been to Cape Town I would strongly urge you to come in 3 to 5 days before.Do the sites then you will be relaxed to get on the ship and enjoy.You would not have to worry about making the sailing.

We are going to Sydney 4 days before our cruise in Feb 2012. We live on Long Island and know the problems with flights out of JFK.

Agree here. However you should be safe, as the ship spends an extra day in Capetown and does not leave until the evening of the 23rd.

Don't even think about arriving the same day. Allow 2-3 days in Capetown. Why risk it?

Agree here. However you should be safe, as the ship spends an extra day in Capetown and does not leave until the evening of the 23rd.

Yes our cruise in Feb. also has an extra day in Sydney.This way it is 6 days before we sail.

I would be very careful with timing of flights.

Most flights leave YUL in the evening and arrive to CPT in AM TWO days later (i.e. you have to leave on the 20th to get there in AM of 22nd).

Only KLM arrives in the evening of next day but at 10:30 and is FOUR times more expensive (read: not an option for most people) than BA, BMI or IB. South African leaves early AM and gets there the next day but with 2 stops.

Best to have an extra few days to relax and enjoy Cape Town or maybe a safari.

Only KLM arrives in the evening of next day but at 10:30 and is FOUR times more expensive (read: not an option for most people) .

Paul

Would that be J class you are looking at?

Lyn

Paul

Would that be J class you are looking at?

Lyn

Lyn, it was in economy (on ITA) - but I put in leaving on Dec 22nd (my bad). Leaving on Dec 20th the difference is much smaller (though some airlines like Delta, Lufthansa are very high). It obviously depends on availability of seats for that particular day for each airline, as you well know.

Lyn, it was in economy (on ITA) - but I put in leaving on Dec 22nd (my bad). Leaving on Dec 20th the difference is much smaller (though some airlines like Delta, Lufthansa are very high). It obviously depends on availability of seats for that particular day for each airline, as you well know.

When I checked same site there was a J class flight on the 20th but looking at KLM site they were much better for Economy about $2500. to CPT & from SIN

Hope the OP finds a good deal

Lyn

Archived