How to find what cabins are available

smileyface1948

We are booked on the Westerdam 11/20/11 B2B sailing. I may want to upgrade my verandah. Where do I find available cabins. I have searched HAL site but do not see this as an option. Can anyone help me?

Hi, We'll be on board two weeks after you.

If you go on HAL site, pretend to book a new cruise. When you get to the page to choose a cabin select what ever catagory you're interested in and a list of cabins in that catagory will display. There will also be a box to enter any other cabin number and it will tell you if it is available as well. Note though that some cabins on these sailings are blocked for use on 7 day cruises and are instead being held for the "collector" 14 day back-to-back cruises. Such was the case with the cabin I wanted. I merely requested that my TA call HAL and see if they would release it for my 7 day cruise, which they did.

Good luck.

I usually like to go to Trav_______.com (don't want to get in trouble;)) and if you go partly through the booking process it will show you all the available cabins in each category.

Don't believe it shows all available cabins. The cruiselines don't usually make all cabins available in a category. I believe the standard number is 6.

Don't believe it shows all available cabins. The cruiselines don't usually make all cabins available in a category. I believe the standard number is 6.

Have to agree. A couple of years ago, when obviously several of us had nothing better to do, a number of CC'ers worked this issue. Other than a very labor intensive drill of checking each and every cabin number on HAL we could find no single source of all available cabins. In fact, it was more or less determined that only HAL has the complete and total inventory and they don't let external travel agencies or agents see that complete inventory. Personally I have had occasions where I went on line to check availability of a specific cabin only to find it not listed on HAL's website or any other readily available website. At least twice I had my TA check and indeed the specific cabin was available so not being listed on the Internet did not necessarily mean it was booked.

There's a very helpful site in which you can do this -- scan the cruiseline and sea what cabins are available. --- however, I am not allowed to post the source as it is also a travel agency. I check my sailing about once a week to see how the bookings are doing. You might try a "google" search.

There's a very helpful site in which you can do this -- scan the cruiseline and sea what cabins are available. --- however, I am not allowed to post the source as it is also a travel agency. I check my sailing about once a week to see how the bookings are doing. You might try a "google" search.
If you're talking about the one I think you are (10-letter name, shows prices in Euro) that won't show you all the HAL cabins either. For our next cruise I know (by repeated requests in a dummy HAL-site booking) that there are many more cabins of our category empty than show on that site.

Archived